What if Jiren > Belmod has been quietly retconned already???!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentMan
Banned

Re: What if Jiren > Belmod has been quietly retconned already???!

Post by KentMan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:21 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:18 pm I see that you base most of your argument on that Uchida comment on that interview... and on Toyotaro not being rude enough to tell him "no... Broly nooo... you are wrong, he is fodder by now"... and also not paying much attention to the end of the interview when Toyo clearly says the three strongest in the universe are duking it out, with Broly not being on planet Cereal at all, and Beerus being above them due to being a god.

And you literally are disputing the narrative, it's not rocket science, now Granola stands above everybody but the gods.. your logic somehow think it includes Shin, Dende, Beerus, Quitela, and people from other universes even though the wish was about UNIVERSE 7.

However you wanna see it, Beerus is still a god and above Granola, the wish said so... Broly is not a god, and not stronger than Granola according to the narrative and Toyotaro, so yeah, you are disputing the narrative.
I actually did pay attention to the interview and you wanting Toyotaro to correct Uchida just because he might be wrong. We don’t write the manga or know the exact power scaling. What wasn’t corrected in that interview was Toyotaro introducing a level beyond perfect in vol 16. When he really introduced it in vol 15 chapter 68. But that kind of stuff indicates that even Toyotaro was making mistakes.

Granolah whether he be weaker or not is ambiguous as I said previously the dragon brings out one’s potential. Him being stronger than Beerus is dependent on the years. As for the others yes they’re from outside but you have no evidence that he is above the other destroyers except Beerus. Toyotaro not correcting Uchida implies something that we don’t know. I already made a thread discussing the interview go there if you’re curious.

KentMan
Banned

Re: What if Jiren > Belmod has been quietly retconned already???!

Post by KentMan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:33 pm

Thani wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:49 pm I honestly won't even try to deconstruct the logic on the wish because it would be just dumb.

I'll just flat out say that Toyo (and Tori) envisioned this arc with Beerus still on top, otherwise they wouldn't reinforce this hierarchy in the wish itself, and that's that.

The logistic of the wish has some problems tbh, but it won't change the canon anyway. So we should just roll with it.
So I’m guessing that you’re not certain if Toriyama has Beerus at the top?