Episode #0055 (10 December 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0055 (10 December 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:24 pm

Episode #0055 (download MP3)
49:20; 64 kbps, mono; 22.5 MB

Episode #0055! VegettoEX, Meri, and Julian welcome SkitzZero (DBZ: Season 3) for a special interview. We talk about the olden-days of websites and his early multimedia works that still impress us to this day. The conclusion of Julian's first pass-through of DBZ ABCs, Meri's Top 5 Global Catastrophe Moments, and more round out the episode! Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the disgusting *fifty-five* episodes, now.

Putting the silly video-sharing site to good use. We took the audio from Skitz's original production, and snapped it into place with some cleaned-up FUNimation DVD footage. Does the job nicely.

Sorry the delay, but it's here, and it's que... err... wait, no it's not... HUR HUR UR GAY I NO MOR THEN U.

w0rd.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:27 pm

Yes! I can finally sleep! :lol:

*listens*

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:29 pm

Wow, forum activity actually played a part in a podcast?! :o Mr.Piccolo's audio Jamboree is for a podcast of its own then? ;p
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:39 pm

Huray for a new podcast episode! Does anyone have a link to DBZ Season 3 if its still up? Also, your bashing of 14 year olds saddens me. :( Not really, most of us can't spell or choose not to.
­

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:59 pm

Taku128 wrote:Huray for a new podcast episode! Does anyone have a link to DBZ Season 3 if its still up? Also, your bashing of 14 year olds saddens me. :( Not really, most of us can't spell or choose not to.
http://web.archive.org/web/199910070036 ... SkitzZero/

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:22 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Taku128 wrote:Huray for a new podcast episode! Does anyone have a link to DBZ Season 3 if its still up? Also, your bashing of 14 year olds saddens me. :( Not really, most of us can't spell or choose not to.

That's an interesting site. I've never heard of it before.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:24 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Thanks. Not that I've listened to the entire podcast I want the ending theme from Sparking. :(
­

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:46 pm

Nice podcast. For some reason, I kinda find it funny seeing a younger version of you guys in the late '90s and making a fandub :lol:.

I'm at the releases section right now, and I was kinda surprised to find that the dark dragons' mass destruction (especially near the end of the series) through their "negative energy" didn't make the Top 5. I mean, you guys even used that scene in an AMV of yours...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:50 pm

all ten daizenshuu and the two DBGT "Perfect File" books. You want them. You want them inside you
LOL. Anyways...

I remember going to that season 3 site so much back in the day. I would come home from school and just going to TempleOTrunks, PlanetNamek, Season 3 and DragonBall Uncensored...*sigh* Memories...

I don't know why but, this also reminded me of when FUNimation put out a warning of sorts to those people that had Dragonball characters names in there website name. I don't know why TempleOTrunks wasn't given a warning but eh, thats long over. :?

And by the way, is this clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo0Bj8YLbIM) any way connected to the fan dubs you were talking about? Cause I don't remember where the Hell I got that clip from.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:41 am

Nice podcast. Cool on the catastrophes. And by the way, in the King Piccolo sga dub only (unless they mentioned it in GT, which I barely watched) the king's name was King Furry.

dakstarlander

Post by dakstarlander » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:38 am

It brings back memories of the pre-crash days of DragonballZ fan community. I think this is going to be a very nice trend for the podcast. I wonder who will be interviewed next...Mr.E? Or has he already...I haven't listened to every podcast...and my memory isn't that great. Anyways, keep up the good work...so far it has been a good start to a new year of podcasts...!

Finally, yes, the Wii is hard not to dwell on...and call me a little weird but Wario Ware looks like a ton of fun. I just wish it was regionless so I could play it already. That is the only negative about the Wii...I have to buy a Japanese Wii in order for me to play import games...and Japanese Virtual Console titles (which tend to be better in quality and more in quantity than our releases sadly).

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:54 pm

Excellent podcast, I especially dug all the fan dub talk. All the talk about only having fan subs and having to use. These kids don't know how easily they have it with multitracking! *grumble*
Also I missed the fan dub thread XD AHAHAHA TO THE MICROPHONE!
www.voiceacting.co.uk / www.shonen.co.uk

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:09 pm

Ooh, my little project got mentioned. Hooray!
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:50 pm

dakstarlander wrote:It brings back memories of the pre-crash days of DragonballZ fan community. I think this is going to be a very nice trend for the podcast. I wonder who will be interviewed next...Mr.E? Or has he already...I haven't listened to every podcast...and my memory isn't that great. Anyways, keep up the good work...so far it has been a good start to a new year of podcasts...!

Finally, yes, the Wii is hard not to dwell on...and call me a little weird but Wario Ware looks like a ton of fun. I just wish it was regionless so I could play it already. That is the only negative about the Wii...I have to buy a Japanese Wii in order for me to play import games...and Japanese Virtual Console titles (which tend to be better in quality and more in quantity than our releases sadly).
MrE wouldn't want to be interviewed even if you paid him. Plus he disappeared from the internet a while back.

DaftBrian

Feelings on Mr.Satan

Post by DaftBrian » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:40 am

He may be a joke, but he does pull a rock out of the ground and smash it. He also pulls like...3 Bus's into a stadium and punch through them (that might be filler) and also beats Spopovitch easily. So...I don't know....but Herc...Mr.Satan must have kicked SOME ass to be popular.
"Every time you cry, I laugh a little more"

dakstarlander

Post by dakstarlander » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:00 am

Castor Troy wrote:
dakstarlander wrote:It brings back memories of the pre-crash days of DragonballZ fan community. I think this is going to be a very nice trend for the podcast. I wonder who will be interviewed next...Mr.E? Or has he already...I haven't listened to every podcast...and my memory isn't that great. Anyways, keep up the good work...so far it has been a good start to a new year of podcasts...!

MrE wouldn't want to be interviewed even if you paid him. Plus he disappeared from the internet a while back.
Oh I was just curious about future guests and MrE was the only person that came to my mind offhand as he ran a pretty big website too. However, I still think that the interviews or guest appearances have been a great addition to the podcast. Of course, Mike, Meri and Julian are the core element to the show. Without them there would be no show. You can see how Julian's absence affected the show last week without his sensei advice. I also would like to say one more thing and that's how much I respect the time that it takes to edit and cue the music in each episode...and I would like to say many kudos for doing that for your fans since I know how preparation for a podcast is usually longer than the actual airtime of the episode itself.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:59 am

dakstarlander wrote:and I would like to say many kudos for doing that for your fans since I know how preparation for a podcast is usually longer than the actual airtime of the episode itself.
Much... much... much........ MUCH..... much.... MUCH longer... ^^;;

But so many thanks for the kind words. We do indeed have future plans for additional guests and interviews, so definitely stay tuned. And yeah, we do prefer all being together (in person is even better, but not practical week-in and week-out) to record the show in one shot, but due to the time of year, we're doing what we can to make sure we get something out there.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

NeverRamza
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NeverRamza » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:45 am

MrE would be great. We need a nice lineup of guests that once cursed the entire community and then the world. Then we could have our friends from Anime Labs on the show!

Novelty photo of Vincent (right) of Anime Labs and the guy (Sheldon? Shelton? I forget his name) from Project X (the group that fansubbed all the GT episodes) on the left:

SkitzZero
The Third Season

Post by SkitzZero » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:40 pm

I'd like to publicly thank EX for having me on his podcast and for all the support he's given my auction. Thanks, man!!

DaftBrian

Present

Post by DaftBrian » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:44 am

http://harpofackyou.ytmnd.com/

I know its dumb to post links here, but as a DBZ fan...This just has to be posted.
"Every time you cry, I laugh a little more"