"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Jord » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:46 am

sangofe wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:30 am
Jord wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:13 am
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:04 pm

But in regards to DB games its widely unbalanced there are only 2 games that legitimately can be considered competitive in all of the DB games Super DBZ and Fighterz. Honorable mention is Zenkai Battle Royale which had tournaments in Japan up until 2019 and that game came out in 2011 ish. So 2 (3 depend on who you ask) competitive games vs theMANY arena fighter clones and other misc type games over 40 years of this franchise it seems we are heavily oversaturated on non competitive DB games.
Speaking of, too bad that one didn't get ported to consoles. It was pretty fun.
Did you try the full version or demo only?
Played the full version. Not for very long, since it was at the arcade, but it lookes good and played fun. I was also a breath of fresh air, since DB fighting games at that time mostly either were Budokai- or Sparking-deravatives

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:27 am

VegettoEX wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:46 pm
YMK_8000 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:41 pm Those on this website need to step outside the dragonball old geezer echo chamber & actualy see whats being said anime fans in general are tired of kusoge party game arena fighters & want more balanced competitive games.
I'm... not sure you're actually paying attention to who's saying what. For example, I am literally the eldest geezer here and I've been shouting from the rooftops for 20 years now that I don't want these types of games and I prefer the competitive "real fighting games." I was never more excited than getting the announcements of Super Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball FighterZ.

That said, the nostalgia grab for this game is absolutely the right call for both the western and Japanese audience. There is massive love for this game series, not from the geezers or boomers you seem to think, but from the folks a decade younger than me that played the hell of of them in high school and college.

They should have done this a few years ago honestly, and had FighterZ 2 (or ideally a "Jump FighterZ") ready to go by this point, but that's just my personal marketing/brand management perspective.
I am one of the geezers who look forward to Sparking! going back, even though I am there with you and consider FighterZ the dream DB fighter I always wanted and the best DB fighter game up to date.
I guess that Xenoverse 2 contributed to that a lot, as it was supposed to be more. DB Online content at it's basics, uninspired story rethread but the biggest issue I have, bad gameplay with poorly ballanced roster, options and broken combo system, with really bad AI in all modes unless scripted.

But to YMK_8000, what's wrong about everyone having their own tastes and wishes? I wonder, what anime fans want in general, as the Budokai Tenkaichi 4 movement was on par with Zack Snyder fans and plagued Bandai accounts for a decade.
But even that is still not enough for such a generalisation.
I am happy, that we are getting good games recently, after Ultimate Tenkaichi and Battle Of Z misshaps and hope that Sparking! ZERO will be mindless and relaxing fun :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:46 pm

I've been following the announcements for this game pretty closely and I'm so excited to see some of the new characters from Super and beyond.

I would LOVE to see the additional characters from the Raging Blast series make the cut as well! Like Cooler's minions, the movie androids, the extra Super Saiyan 3 transformations, and Hatchiyack.

I'm honestly not too worried about representation from GT, but the more the merrier! The greatest part about the fighting system of the Sparking series is that since each character plays pretty similar to each other, it's much easier to program new characters than something like FighterZ.

But like FighterZ, I hope they support this game with lots of DLC after its launch. Oh baby, I'm gonna be a consumer whore for some Sparking ZERO DLC, let me tell ya.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:00 pm

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1768679438173294916

Lots of characters confirmed:

Nappa

Burter

Toppo

Kale LSSJ

Steroids SSJ Trunks

Master Roshi

Hit

Dyspo

UI Omen Goku?

Jeice

Kakunsa

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:59 pm

Kakunsa, nice! Glad to see more indication that we'll have a pretty good selection of ToP characters. And good to see Roshi as well, and even though it's his RoF costume, hopefully this means we'll still get decent DB representation!

In any case, it looks like team ultimates from Raging Blast might be returning based on that screenshot of Butta and Jheese fighting Toppo:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:07 pm

As much as I want RB2 team attacks to return, Purple Comet Attack was Jeice's ultimate in Tenkaichi 3, and Burter did cameo in it then. Fingers crossed, though! The inclusion of Kakunsa is definitely a nice surprise, that should hopefully means we're getting the whole Kamekaze Fireball team, and maybe even the whole Trio de Dangers too. And even though Roshi is in his DBS outfit, I do also hope his inclusion hints at more OG reps in the near future. I wanna see Devilman Spike wreck shit like in the old days.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:35 am

Anime Kitten wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:59 pm In any case, it looks like team ultimates from Raging Blast might be returning based on that screenshot of Butta and Jheese fighting Toppo:
That, or it's simply that Burter/Jeice's Ultimate has one summon the other for a combo attack. Something like this happened many times in the Budokai and Tenkaichi games before.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:54 am

Fantastic! They are finally introducing characters from all series and some never seen before.
Happy to see so many characters.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:14 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:07 pm As much as I want RB2 team attacks to return, Purple Comet Attack was Jeice's ultimate in Tenkaichi 3, and Burter did cameo in it then. Fingers crossed, though! The inclusion of Kakunsa is definitely a nice surprise, that should hopefully means we're getting the whole Kamekaze Fireball team, and maybe even the whole Trio de Dangers too. And even though Roshi is in his DBS outfit, I do also hope his inclusion hints at more OG reps in the near future. I wanna see Devilman Spike wreck shit like in the old days.
Yeah BT3 had moves that summoned other characters even if they weren't in your team

Great Saiyaman 2 I think summoned Great Saiyaman for example

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:32 pm

Yeah, you guys are right, I played some BT3 last night and saw Purple Comet Attack :lol: Didn't know King Cold's ultimate summoned Mecha Freeza too, that one's really cool!

As much as I'd love to see team ultimates again, I don't think I'll mind too much if they just stick to those sort of "cameo" appearances, since I also enjoy when villains' henchmen show up briefly like Drum and Pui Pui/Yakon... not that I would say no to having those characters be fully playable too!
Rinsankajugin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:07 pmThe inclusion of Kakunsa is definitely a nice surprise, that should hopefully means we're getting the whole Kamekaze Fireball team, and maybe even the whole Trio de Dangers too.
Showing Kakunsa by herself gives me the idea that they're sort of implying Ribrianne and Rozie are present, which also makes me think the whole Trio de Dangers are in, but I could be totally off and they're being selective with their picks for whatever reason... doubt it though, this is Sparking we're talking about.

My expectations are tempered, but the game is shaping up to be great so far and I'm eagerly awaiting this new trailer!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

FiReFTW

Post by FiReFTW » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:36 am

Does anyone know when we can expect the trailer to drop?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:48 am

FiReFTW wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:36 am Does anyone know when we can expect the trailer to drop?
I'd assume before the Vjump drops because these are leaks

I think it drops on 21st so we might see it on the same day as it drops or before

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:29 pm

FiReFTW wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:36 am Does anyone know when we can expect the trailer to drop?
I didn’t think we were getting a trailer. The fact that they haven’t updated the site with the new characters gives me hope, but I feel like they would have dropped a hint about it by now.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:22 pm

I'm on team "There's more than 164 characters"

DBSHype said the game would include GT, OG Dragon Ball and Daima.

They've (devs on website) said this game will have obscure characters in it.

164 characters isn't enough to have all the important characters from Z and Super with weird picks and including GT and OG Dragon Ball. (That doesn't even include the movie characters!)

I think it'll be less than 200 characters, maybe around the 190 mark.

But I still think some characters from BT3 will be cut though.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:48 am

Yeah, if anybody from Tenkaichi 3 gets the axe, it'll probably be Appule and Frieza Soldier. The former never had an actual fight, and the latter is just a generic grunt. Plus, both had VERY generic movesets last I remember. Though who knows, they could probably still make it. I know Xenoverse 2 had Appule return and introduced Raspberry, so there's a slight chance Sparking Zero could add Raspberry in place of the generic Freeza Soldier.

Also... Gameplay showcase on Wednesday!

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:41 am

Rinsankajugin wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:48 am Yeah, if anybody from Tenkaichi 3 gets the axe, it'll probably be Appule and Frieza Soldier. The former never had an actual fight, and the latter is just a generic grunt. Plus, both had VERY generic movesets last I remember. Though who knows, they could probably still make it. I know Xenoverse 2 had Appule return and introduced Raspberry, so there's a slight chance Sparking Zero could add Raspberry in place of the generic Freeza Soldier.

According to DBS Hype and other people it's 13 Minutes long!

I don't know if the Power vs Speed trailer is going to be in this showcase or not though.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:20 pm

If it'll have Daima characters, then this game will be coming out mid 2025, long after Daima is over, I imagine.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:43 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:20 pm If it'll have Daima characters, then this game will be coming out mid 2025, long after Daima is over, I imagine.
I mean they could at least have Daima Goku as a pre-order bonus

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:41 am
Rinsankajugin wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:48 am Yeah, if anybody from Tenkaichi 3 gets the axe, it'll probably be Appule and Frieza Soldier. The former never had an actual fight, and the latter is just a generic grunt. Plus, both had VERY generic movesets last I remember. Though who knows, they could probably still make it. I know Xenoverse 2 had Appule return and introduced Raspberry, so there's a slight chance Sparking Zero could add Raspberry in place of the generic Freeza Soldier.

According to DBS Hype and other people it's 13 Minutes long!

I don't know if the Power vs Speed trailer is going to be in this showcase or not though.
WOW, that's a lot! Maybe they'll release a gameplay trailer/tutorial?
Unless the game is almost ready and they already want to show the various features (story, modes, etc.)

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:26 am

New trailer is out. Compared to BT3 and RB, this feels clunky. Movements and attacks are weightless, floaty. Not feeling the shaky cam and there seems to be a lot of jank. More and better sound effects would also make a big difference.

What a disappointment this is turning out to be.