Episode #0059 (07 January 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0059 (07 January 2007)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:58 pm

Episode #0059 (download MP3)
58:43; 64 kbps, mono; 26.8 MB

Episode #0059! VegettoEX & Meri discuss the history of import DB gaming. To what lengths did people go, what games did they play, and why would you do it in the first place... especially today? Accompanying pictures detail the process across all systems! Your gaming e-mails and a new contest round out the episode. Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the disgusting *fifty-nine* episodes, now.

Julian was out of town this weekend, so Meri and I had an extravaganza of gaming! Pictures abound! We'll be sure to follow this one up with the last couple systems in the future, but I think this will certainly hold everyone over for a while.

And yes, we've got another contest. What are we giving away this time? Oh, maybe just a copy of the Weekly Jump with Cross Epoch, the One Piece / DragonBall crossover... :D

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:01 am

Nice. I'll have to listen to it in the morning.

But man, where'd that art come from? I've never seen that before.

Oh, wait, I guess I'll find out once I listen.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:17 am

BUT I'M STILL NOT HAPPY!
We do understand that you may be fustrated that you now have yet ANOTHER set of DBZ DVDs to buy, but we believe that fans will utlimately in the long run be happier with this choice that we have made, by doing this there is now much more benefit for the fans of the series, with multiple options in audio for the first time, and also a new way to see DBZ.
This sounds like the closest thing to that good Mr. Corey was hoping for them to say. *Goes to download episode*.

EDIT: *listening to it now* Holy shit I was right XD;
Last edited by Kirbopher on Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ssjBardock

Post by ssjBardock » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:18 am

Does anyone have 2nd season on pre-order?
Good Podcast :)
Thank You
...visit www.gaiaonline.com it's a cool website.
This website is cool as well! :]

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:21 am

Eternal Champions?! OMG!!! :D off-topic
*Ahem* Good to see another forum member being mentioned...But God, remember Rex from that game..ugh..destroys his old sega
EDIT- After listening through the whole podcast, I finally know how my brother played Legends. He said it was a code, but that bastard didn't mention anything about our action replay. :x As for importing systems, does that mean you can play dvds from different regions too (PS2)?
-Rick
Last edited by Mr.Piccolo on Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:45 am

Listening right now. All I know is that I have no pressure on me for the contest for once...I'm expecting the issue of Weekly Jump in the main as we speak.

Me so happy. :lol:

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:06 am

Another good podcast. One thing though, for GC Dragon Ball games you forgot D.O.N.
­

jwimz
Beyond Newbie

Post by jwimz » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:08 am

Oh man, I would pay to see this whole "Mother Vs Mr. LaBrie" fiasco in person, if it is as good as it sounds!

tatsumaru12345

Post by tatsumaru12345 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:42 am

Getting the ps2 to play imports is actually easier than you all said. I use the slide card trick, which has worked excellent since i got it. Sparking! and my other japanese ps2/ps1 games work perfectly. All you gotta do is take off the front disc tray of your ps2, get used to the slide card, adjust to the swap disc not always working, and everythings great.

With that said, i want a freeloader for the wii! :(

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:51 am

Guitar Hero II FUCKING ROCKS!!

My bro has II, and I have the first one. I mastered the first one, beat the whole thing on expert and got "the 1337 B4TAEL AXXX OMFG!!1oneoneyay1!!"

But after playing it with my bro, I can assure you GHII is a lot fucking harder :lol:

Being a real guitarist helps, and I am already gifted in this area, so I immediately started playing it on hard. Something funny as hell about the game though, is that Hangar 18 is way harder to play on this game than actually playing the song on a real guitar :?
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:10 am

Yea, as said, D.O.N. wasn't listed for GCN imports.

Anyways, all I can say about the FUNi sets coming out is "wait and see." All we really can do. Just one month till we see what is going to happen.

... maaaan... every time the Cross Epoch or the issue is mentioned, I get reminded of what I really should be doing right now... >_<
- Life is a game, play it!

GI_Judd2287
Beyond Newbie

Post by GI_Judd2287 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:12 am

My friend had this "boot disc" for the PlayStation that you would put in and then put in the import game. What was weird was that it would only work on the PSone model, not the original system or the PlayStation 2.
"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?"-- Captain America

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:14 am

I have a boot disc for the PS2. I replaced the top of the PS2 with a flip-top. Works fine. Also, I get to clean inside. My PS2 from launch still works =D

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:17 am

For anyone who is interested in getting the Japanese PSone games, but not a Japanese PS2, and doesn't want to look for the older model of the PS1, and maybe only has the PSone model, and doesn't to... oh screw it... check this thingy out, it's pretty coolio. Linky Clicky Clicky

And does anyone know where I can find DBZ Legends (PSone) for cheaper than $30? O_o
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:20 am

I got mine at EB Games like 8 years ago.

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:28 am

EvilGamerX wrote:I got mine at EB Games like 8 years ago.
Well... they don't have any used PSone games anymore :cry:

In regards to the whole contest thing... wtf do we do to enter? Just send in an email with our name on it and... that's it? :?

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:46 am

Man, was I bummed out about driving to college for paperwork... No anymore! I got me some ear candy for the journey! :D

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:13 am

Whoopie!! You're giving away Cross Epoch?!!

EXCELLENT!! 8)
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:41 am

Great Episode. I learned a lot about importing I never knew that won't really ever be of use to me, and I got to hear an awesome story about Restaurant culture all the while passing the time with a redundant yet fun RPG.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:21 am

I swear I don't know how you guys do it, but like I keep saying, each episode seems like it gets better and better o_O

My opinion on the remastered thing, I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna go ahead and pick up the Vegeta Saga set. I don't have those episode in any of the billion past releases, and at the same time this'll be my 'test' to see if I will indeed enjoy what I'll be getting from the whole ordeal.

Aw, I was sure my Sonic e-mail would be read alongside the gaming mails, but ah well. I think I have another question for the next episode.