Would a complete Cell Max really be stronger as Broly

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soba Mask
Not-So-Newbie

Would a complete Cell Max really be stronger as Broly

Post by Soba Mask » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:36 pm

I still find it hard to believe. The movie said he had all the raw power but lacked the mind. Still Gohan Beast absolutely no sold his punch and was casually kicking him away. Even controlled I can't see him much stronger in his power output.

Still the editors said not even Broly would beat him... Someone who was able to fight with Gogeta for a bit. So what are your thoughts?

Kazuya Mishima
Banned

Re: Would a complete Cell Max really be stronger as Broly

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:51 pm

There's no logic to such things, characters can be as strong as they were designed to be. If he would have been stronger than Broly then he would have been.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:10 am

Why didn't Ginyu have a power level of 90,000 despite possessing Goku's body? The concept of using not just the body, but the mind has been a thing in DB for a long time: If something is preventing the mind from fully connecting with the body's Ki, the energy output will either be lower or in the case of Cell Max, fluctuate wildly. In the same fight, Cell Max received damage to it's head from Base Gotenks but also tanked attacks from Orange Piccolo, the difference in power of those two being utterly immense at this point. I imagine that Cell Max didn't even achieve half of it's full power due to running amok.
I'm not sure if it's an exact comparison, but I could see Cell Max being around Semi Perfect Cell(after orally ejecting Android 18), with Gohan Beast being around his SSJ2 child-self.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:24 am

He would have been as strong as whatever the writers wanted him to be
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:24 am

He would have been as strong as whatever the writers wanted him to be
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:33 am

Gohan in his battle against Raditz, he had the power to kill him, however he lacked the skills and knowledge needed to kill him. Instead Gohan was defeated.

Ginyu only had access to 23,000 power level when he was in Goku body, due to his mind, body and spirit not being in harmony.
Goku max power level without Kaioken was 90,000. In Kaioken it was 180,000.

Basically Cell Max has the raw power, but not the knowledge and control to make full use of it. Cell Max has no balance at all. He has no focus at all.

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Civic » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:39 am

You could argue that Cell Max's mental state meant he was basically 'untrained' and couldn't effectively use all of his power (and that would fit pretty well with how DB approaches increasing battle power) but physically, he was complete. We don't really get a good understanding of how powerful Cell Max, Orange Piccolo and Gohan Beast are in comparison to the other fighters in-universe so it's all just head-canon/guessing unless we see them battle directly in the future, or (in my opinion) and out-of-universe source says otherwise.

So if a trustworthy, official source says something about their strength in the absence of supporting in-universe evidence, I'm inclined to go with the source.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:03 pm

-Hey Sayu, we need to sell this product. Get this tagline:
"The new opponent! Feeble than the previous one!"
-I dunno, Masako, I dunno. Try this one instead:
"The new opponent! Stronger than Broly!"
-This sound better for sure.

This explain the thing.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:08 pm

Now I want to see a complete Cell Max appear. Give Norio Wakamoto more lines and less roars.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:56 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:08 pm Now I want to see a complete Cell Max appear. Give Norio Wakamoto more lines and less roars.
Cell Maximumer :lol:.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.