Does GT ever mention time machines or Future Trunks?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Does GT ever mention time machines or Future Trunks?

Post by TobyS » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:03 am

Does GT ever mention time travel or Future Trunks existing.

I'm just curious I have this headcanon that a Xeno Timeline is the U12 timeline, altered so long ago butterfly effected made saiyans have ss4 instead of God Ki. It's GT esque but not exactly like the show (because it's bad and contradicts a lot of canon)

Cell exists and has met Goku before, but they afaik don't mention time travel or hirudegarn (time machine is in that movie) right? Trunks has a sword again but it's not said to be from movie 13 or anything right?

If they were U12's timeline, and they did happen as in GT, and they did have timetravel in GT's past then there would be even more time rings and timelines, so the only way this works is if there is not Time Travel in GT.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: Does GT ever mention time machines or Future Trunks?

Post by Jord » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:25 am

I don't believe GT Trunks has a sword in the actual show. He has one in the Final Bout intro but never uses a sword in the show itself.
As far as I know, time travel isn't mentioned.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Does GT ever mention time machines or Future Trunks?

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:51 pm

No, i don't think so. There was no reason to anyway. I mean maybe in Super 17 arc they could throw a little nod to Future Trunks by Super 17 recognizing GT Trunks, but that's it. Although brainwashed 17 attacking present Trunks at the very start of arc was probably a little nod itself.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta