Dragon Ball broadcast on Adult Swim + Toonami LatAm channel.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tian
Advanced Regular

Dragon Ball broadcast on Adult Swim + Toonami LatAm channel.

Post by Tian » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:39 pm

Today, it's been announced that Warner Bros Discovery will launch a 24/7 Adult Swim TV channel in Latin America, and not only that, a Toonami block will air in the channel as well:

Adult Swim

Toonami

The Dragon Ball franchise is currently airing on Warner Channel in Latin America but now there's the possibility that anime aired on the channel may be moved to the new AS channel and Toonami block.
Last edited by Tian on Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Adult Swim + Toonami LATAM channel announced - Possibility of DB airing there.

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:57 pm

Well I hope it airs One Piece too lol!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

M16U3L2015
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Adult Swim + Toonami LATAM channel announced - Possibility of DB airing there.

Post by M16U3L2015 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:32 am

If they finally decide to air Z, hopefully Warner will use their digitalized Cloverway masters, rather than the terrible masters based on the Season Sets currently distributed by Toei.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:56 am

I was just thinking about something like this the other day. If there was a 24/7 Toonami/AS channel I would leave it on 24/7 just as background noise. I hope the US gets something similar.

Gingka Vegeta

Post by Gingka Vegeta » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:21 am

M16U3L2015 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:32 am If they finally decide to air Z, hopefully Warner will use their digitalized Cloverway masters, rather than the terrible masters based on the Season Sets currently distributed by Toei.
God hear you brother, it would also be nice if they broadcast classic Dragon Ball, as both were advertised on social media by Warner itself with the masters of Cloverway, although they were never aired on the channel and of course DBGT which although they have not made any mention since its release from CN in 2009, there is still hope especially after the disaster that hit Crunchyroll last week.

I just hope they don't repeat Dragon Ball Super ad infinitum like Cartoon Network and Warner Channel did in the last years, and from other anime I would expect them to broadcast the complete franchises (Naruto, InuYasha, maybe Saint Seiya).

Anyway, one always has expectations for this kind of things, although we should not exaggerate them to such an extent that we end up disappointed.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:26 pm

The channel's official launch date has been announced.

It will be on October 31 and it will replace TruTV.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:15 pm

I am so glad we are finally getting a channel that airs anime for adults in daytime. This is awesome.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:21 pm

M16U3L2015 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:32 am If they finally decide to air Z, hopefully Warner will use their digitalized Cloverway masters, rather than the terrible masters based on the Season Sets currently distributed by Toei.
It has just been announced that Warner Channel will premiere Dragon Ball Z and Saint Seiya on its anime block, Wanime, on October 16.

And yeah, they better air the Cloverway masters and not the crappy ones that have been airing lately in some local channels.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:21 pm

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! They shared a DBZ clip and I said "Well now they are using DBZ instead of DBZKAI" and I WAS RIGHT!!!

Gingka Vegeta

Post by Gingka Vegeta » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:56 pm

Today it has been confirmed that Dragon Ball Z will also be part of Adult Swim, although it is not specified if it will be in Toonami.

https://www.tvlaint.com/2023/09/adult-s ... all-z.html

Gingka Vegeta

Post by Gingka Vegeta » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:49 am

With the bad news that Warner Channel has already released a commercial for the new Wanimé and both Dragon Ball Z and Saint Seiya will be aired with their horrible "HD" versions instead of the Cloverway originals seen on Cartoon Network's defunct Toonami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmakem1s4jM

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:03 am

Gingka Vegeta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:49 am With the bad news that Warner Channel has already released a commercial for the new Wanimé and both Dragon Ball Z and Saint Seiya will be aired with their horrible "HD" versions instead of the Cloverway originals seen on Cartoon Network's defunct Toonami.

This means that the upcoming Adult Swim channel will air those crappy masters edited in Windows Movie Maker too. That sucks.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:07 am

It's been confirmed last night that Dragon Ball Super will also air on the Adult Swim channel and that both Super and Z will be part of the channel's Toonami block along with Naruto and One Piece.

Gingka Vegeta

Post by Gingka Vegeta » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:16 am

Tian wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:03 am
Gingka Vegeta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:49 am With the bad news that Warner Channel has already released a commercial for the new Wanimé and both Dragon Ball Z and Saint Seiya will be aired with their horrible "HD" versions instead of the Cloverway originals seen on Cartoon Network's defunct Toonami.

This means that the upcoming Adult Swim channel will air those crappy masters edited in Windows Movie Maker too. That sucks.
The worst part is that this is the first time that this version will be broadcasted on cable at a pan-regional level with pirated audio from the Internet, a tremendous shame.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:36 pm

The initial schedules for the Adult Swim + Toonami channel have been announced:

Mexico / Central America feed:
South America feed:

As you can note, some shows are aired later in the South American feed. This is due to the current audiovisual media law in some countries like my country (Argentina) which doesn't allow some content to air until 22:00 (time where the children protection schedule time ends)

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:52 pm

Well, the channel launched today... but in not many cable and satellite operators as expected.

There's a good amount of people who are reporting that TruTV is still airing and has yet to switch to Adult Swim and a few of them are commenting that TruTV was removed without replacement from their operators.

In my case, I'm screwed because I have Movistar TV. So yeah, I have to wait for them to add the channel since TruTV wasn't available.

aleksandrored

Post by aleksandrored » Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:50 am

I'm from Brazil, they're showing DBZ in the morning and also at 2pm. They should show up at a better time, like 7pm or 8pm. But it's a start, I hope they change over time.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:44 pm

I am sad to see the Paraguay feed is just "Tooncast but with DBZ." Sure DBZ is awesome and all but I cant find Naruto and I wish they aired One Piece as well.

aleksandrored

Post by aleksandrored » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:35 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:44 pm I am sad to see the Paraguay feed is just "Tooncast but with DBZ." Sure DBZ is awesome and all but I cant find Naruto and I wish they aired One Piece as well.
Naruto is shown after DBZ. The beginning of AS here is really weak, they barely showed DBZ and have already started to rerun it (after episode 35), it is scheduled to have "new episodes" at the beginning of December. Overall, the channel needs something more eye-catching, the programming itself isn't bad, but it needs to adjust the timing of some things (the correct option would be for DBZ and Naruto to air after 7pm, not 2pm) and add more new content.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:05 pm

I saw Naruto today on Adult Swim and they air the full openings and endings now. This is so great. One thing Telefuturo and La Tele wont do is air any of the endings.