The remaining unidentified and lost BGMs from Kikuchi

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

The remaining unidentified and lost BGMs from Kikuchi

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:37 pm

Hello everybody, I think the community made a lot of progress over the years regarding the mysteries surrounding Kikuchi's work, but there are still a few tracks used in the TV series and that we don't know from which one of the movies they came from, plus, the lost tracks from the movies!
So I decided to make this list featuring all of them, if you're interested to help or even suggest me to add more unidentified or lost cues, feel free to do it.

First, the Unidentified cues Debuts in DB Episode 55, the M200 score (DB movie) debuts in the TV series in episode 53, while the M300 score debuts in episode 58, so this could be a unused track from DB movie 1, or the actual debut of the M300 score, or even a M100 track (I personally think it's from the M300 score) specifically the part starting from 0:05, plays right after M602, the DB Movie 3 title screen, I personally don't think it's a alternate version of that cue, for me it screams that it's a different track that was mixed with the previous one. no ideia, maybe from DB Movie 3. plays in Z episode 287, many consider it to be the "M907" from DBZ Movie 2, I personally don't have a opinion about it. I can recognize Gogeta's theme in it, so I think it might be from Movie 12, maybe a unused track composed for a scene with Veku, or the scene where Gotenks uses his ghosts? I can recognize Goku's theme from Z Movies 8, 9, 12 and 13. Because of the track's musical style, I personally think it fits as a unused cue from Movie 12.

And Now the Lost cues
  • M907
while I do believe Anticipation works as a DBZ Movie 2 track because of the track being used multiple times after the debut of the M900 score in the TV series, I don't think "The Pain Has Passed" works the same, as it's used in end of the series, so, here it is
  • M1102
unused cue from Movie 4? We have the Whistle edit of Kuchibue no Kimochi, M1103, M1104, M1105 (The Title Screen), M1107 and M1108, so there's a track missing.
  • M1506
one unused track from Movie 8, composed between M1503 and M1507.
  • M1609-1
  • M1625-1
There are the officially released cues labelled as "M1609-2" and "1625-2", so, what happened to their alternate versions?
  • M1627
M1626 and M1628 are officially released cues, so where's the track that fills the "M1627" role?
  • M1819
maybe it was a unused track, or probably the reprise of M1524 from Movie 8 was meant to fill the role of this track.
  • M1823
  • M1825
M1822, M1824 and M1826 are officially released cues, so what happened to these two? I personally think that they don't exist, if they did, they would be too short because of the length of the gap in between the uses of the previous 3 mentioned tracks, so I think they just got the wrong labells.

And of course, there are the multiple unused cues from the 3 DB Movies and the A-J DB score.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Re: The remaining unidentified and lost BGMs from Kikuchi

Post by GhostEmperorX » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:48 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:37 pm the Whistle edit of Kuchibue no Kimochi
Just wanted to focus on this small section as it's a similar case to the one from Movie 13 I made a thread about, in that it's also not "incidental" music and was originally made by Takeshi Ike.
And that would make it an exception to the title.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:16 pm

I didn't say that track was made by Kikuchi, I just mentioned it because it counts for the overall BGM listing just as the opening themes do in all of the movies (M203, M403, M903, M1001...) and they also aren't Kikuchi's work.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:30 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:16 pm I didn't say that track was made by Kikuchi, I just mentioned it because it counts for the overall BGM listing just as the opening themes do in all of the movies (M203, M403, M903, M1001...) and they also aren't Kikuchi's work.
Oh, I see... I was wondering because back on one of your videos you had classified stuff like the movie 13 Tapion themes as being among his work, sorry about that.
I guess I didn't get what you meant in detail.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:39 am

I have no videos with Tapion's theme in my channel unless you're referring to my 2018 channel, I don't operate that channel anymore and I have no interest in touching it again, it's outdated and with a lot of tracks in bad quality, I recommend you to migrate to BladeBGM's channel in case you still want to check out Kikuchi's work, he's currently the best source so far.