The real reason why Tarble was sent away

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

The real reason why Tarble was sent away

Post by Yasai9001 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:07 pm

Making his first appearance in Yo, Son Goku and Friends Return, Vegeta deliberately tells Tarble that he wasn't suited for battle - though not one of the most popular discussions in all of Dragon Ball, I recently came across a comment on YouTube as to why Tarble was sent away from Planet Vegeta and not set to fight alongside his older brother

Before I get into that, I would just like to say I don't think that Tarble is weak at all. From what we understand, Saiyans are measured at birth in regards to their power, and potential prowess as they get older, and then they are ranked from there. Some bloom faster than others and others just aren't as prodigal; the best example of that would be Raditz, who's actually of a higher class than Son Goku, who was implied to be a lower-class warrior by his own parents in Dragon Ball Minus and Dragon Ball Super: Broly.

Saiyans are known for inheriting their potential from their parents (think Goten, Trunks, etc), and they typically tend to be stronger than the ones who have conceived them. Vegeta said that he surpassed his father as a child, so it stands to say that among his people, Tarble must have been a pretty powerful Saiyan, though he may have lacked the aggression and fighting spirit like his older brother.

But asides from that, what could have been the other reason why Tarble was conceived?

HIGH EXPECTATIONS

Recall how after checking in on his first born, King Vegeta was absolutely appalled by Broly's power, even though it was just established that his first born had shattered every record in Saiyan history in regards to power/potential?

Despite King Vegeta's logical reasoning of sending Broly away to Planet Vampa, we would be fools to say that he wasn't also envious of the fact that another Saiyan child was conceived holding far more potential than his own son. Had Prince Vegeta been born with such potential, I'd be inclined to believe that King Vegeta would have excused the possibility of Vegeta not being in the right state of mind and make an extra effort to teach him how to control his power

Why was Tarble really made?

This is where the YouTube comment suggested that King Vegeta conceived Tarble in hopes of repeating the exact same thing that he did with Vegeta. He was hoping that Tarble would be born with a greater power and superior potential to that of his first child. After being shown up by Paragus' son, it's only natural for a King to want to establish his own dominance and validate his own ego by saying "Look, my second child is even stronger than my first, and is going to be a much better warrior than Paragus' son."

King Vegeta hoped that Tarble would shatter literally every record in Saiyan history just as Prince Vegeta did. He was hoping that Tarble had a similar battle-power to that of Broly's and possibly even higher, all just to show everyone that he was just as capable of producing a Saiyan child who would be fabled a potential Super Saiyan. King Vegeta wanted that sense of pride and ego-stroking that his son is known all too well for.

Thoughts?

Do you think it's possible that King Vegeta placed far too high an expectation on Tarble? It would make sense to me, but what's your take on it?

Perhaps Tarble was sent away not because he was weak, but because he didn't pass King Vegeta's expectations while also lacking the same fire and heightened drive to fight, as well as the same level of cruelty and indifference that even his older brother had despite being so young.

Just food for thought, really.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: The real reason why Tarble was sent away

Post by Saiya6Cit » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:42 pm

As seen in TV Bardock's special saiyans are not very paternal, their focus tends to be on being stronger, period.

He was sent away because he was considered weak by meassuring his power level at birth, a saiyan behavior.