Dragon Ball Daima (2024)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Daima (2024)

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:34 pm

super michael wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:02 pm
I don't get why Chi Chi wanted Goku to make a wish to be a adult again, why not make a wish to make herself the same age like Goku. Turning into a kid isn't a bad thing.

She has adult children and a grandkid, it would be really weird for her to want to be a kid again.

Anyways, Goku was willing to permanently fuse with his oldest son so I don't think the ramifications of certain things impacting Goku and Chi Chi's joke of a marriage has ever been a concern.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:16 am

Seriously, Goten & Trunks are now babies and their mothers are now kids, and Goten's grandfather is also a kid.

That would be the last thing I would care about lol XD
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:50 am

I just remembered something that worries me about this show

We know that the animation is going to be fantastic, I saw people saying that it's going to be like DBS Broly but a full series instead of a movie.
But one thing that I enjoyed so much in Broly's animation was the very clear multiple art styles by the different animators in that movie, as a amateur artist I really like to see different art styles, it's one of the aspects that makes DB, Z & Super so fun to watch for me, even when it was episodes by Studios Live and Last House, it felt like opening a surprise egg. (And it disappoints me every time I find out that an animator's drawings have been corrected to be "on model" even if though the original looks really good)

I don't like how in GT the only art style that is distinguishable is that of Uchiyama's (there were episodes with other different animators / studios styles actually, but from memory I can tell it was like 90% of the time very accurate to the Nakatsuru & Yamamuro designs)
I know there are technical reasons for it, but that's just my personal preference, I don't think the art needs to be on-model / consistent all the time, 50% is enough imo.

Ajay's posts said that the animators are enthusiastic to show their work, this could be a hint that they were allowed to try different art styles and heavy corrections weren't made, I hope at least c:
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:52 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:34 pm
super michael wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:02 pm
I don't get why Chi Chi wanted Goku to make a wish to be a adult again, why not make a wish to make herself the same age like Goku. Turning into a kid isn't a bad thing.

She has adult children and a grandkid, it would be really weird for her to want to be a kid again.

Anyways, Goku was willing to permanently fuse with his oldest son so I don't think the ramifications of certain things impacting Goku and Chi Chi's joke of a marriage has ever been a concern.
I guess that is a good point, it doesn't look normal for Chi Chi a kid to have adult children and grandkid.

In Goku defense his options were to fuse and save the earth and universe or not to fuse and everyone he knows gets killed along with the earth and universe.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:03 pm

You know seeing how the latest movies left some unanswered questions and let some fans wondering what would happen next in Super, it's easy to figure out why some people like me are not fond of Daima as it's the whole premise seems disconect to the last material presented.

BUT...
Trouser wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:04 am I hope it's a series disconnected from the main story. Could be fun but please let it be it's own thing.
If turns out to be like this I sure would have no problem with it.

ALSO, I sure hope this (fanart below) to be a thing in later episodes:

I know some people might be against it, but seriously I can't imagine a new show without Super Saiyan. I didn't like the concept of turning Goku back to a kid, but it was quite a charm when he transformed for the first time in GT, hope they do this again in Daima.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:25 pm

It's ok if they ignore DBS forms and even SSJ2 and SSJ3 like GT did for most part, but I also want Goku/Vegeta to be able to use SSJ.

It's a mistake turning them all into kids. And an even bigger one if they lose all their powers (can't use ki blasts, can't transform...)
I like martial art choreography, but at this point that's not enough for the fights I expect from DB.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:18 am

Probably unlikely as Crunchyroll will want to stream Daima worldwide with one uniform version for all English-speaking territories (which will obviously use the Texas cast as most fans prefer them to other casts) but my number one wish for this series is that the Ocean Group get to dub it.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:17 pm

With GT, Goku's power was the same as an adult. With Daima, it would be more interesting if he has to fight without Super Saiyan and his power level is now back to how it was during the Pilaf saga.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:54 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:17 pm With GT, Goku's power was the same as an adult. With Daima, it would be more interesting if he has to fight without Super Saiyan and his power level is now back to how it was during the Pilaf saga.
I agree with this. Cause if it's just going to be more of the same with Ki blasts and transformations--then what is even the point Daima? We have Dragon Ball Super. If that's what you want then just read/watch Dragon Ball super. I get the impression that Daima is meant to be a more comedic off shoot of DBZ with more focus on low stakes hi-jinks than the typical world shattering conflicts.

They probably won't go all the way and nerf him back to Pilaf saga, but I imagine they'll nerf everyone so Goku and Vegeta just can't nuke every problem they come across.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:26 pm

kemuri07 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:54 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:17 pm With GT, Goku's power was the same as an adult. With Daima, it would be more interesting if he has to fight without Super Saiyan and his power level is now back to how it was during the Pilaf saga.
I agree with this. Cause if it's just going to be more of the same with Ki blasts and transformations--then what is even the point Daima? We have Dragon Ball Super. If that's what you want then just read/watch Dragon Ball super. I get the impression that Daima is meant to be a more comedic off shoot of DBZ with more focus on low stakes hi-jinks than the typical world shattering conflicts.

They probably won't go all the way and nerf him back to Pilaf saga, but I imagine they'll nerf everyone so Goku and Vegeta just can't nuke every problem they come across.
This is EXACTLY what I've been saying. This is also why I feel as though Goten and Trunks were de-aged into being straight-up infants, and why I feel like they'll be doing something 'drastic' with Gohan, as the hybrids might also prove to be a bit "TOO much of an asset" for this adventure".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:32 pm

*Shrug* Hey, maybe Gohan's still an adult, but he's been captured and needs to be rescue For Reasons? lol

I know it's obvious, but they can really do whatever they want for this set-up.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:07 am

The Spanish Distributor said that it's coming in October and it's happening on the same day worldwide with 20 episodes but it might be fake

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:37 pm

Dragon ball master wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:07 am The Spanish Distributor said that it's coming in October and it's happening on the same day worldwide with 20 episodes but it might be fake
I actually hope they're not gonna drop all 20 episodes at once.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:36 pm

sangofe wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:37 pm
Dragon ball master wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:07 am The Spanish Distributor said that it's coming in October and it's happening on the same day worldwide with 20 episodes but it might be fake
I actually hope they're not gonna drop all 20 episodes at once.
That seems like a norm for many Streaming series. They will probably do that.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:56 pm

Hopefully this is why we haven't seen him use any ki blast yet and rely on the Nyoibo again..

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:23 pm

sangofe wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:37 pm I actually hope they're not gonna drop all 20 episodes at once.
Same here but probably not, daima coming out in October in my opinion is its a good time it's in the middle of fall and its durring the spooky season and my birthday is in October so that's a good early gift if it does happen

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:11 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:32 pm *Shrug* Hey, maybe Gohan's still an adult, but he's been captured and needs to be rescue For Reasons? lol

I know it's obvious, but they can really do whatever they want for this set-up.
I did read a tweet from DBSChronicles from around a day after the Battle Hour ended that said that he heard that Gohan and Videl are apparently being saved for something else regarding Daima. Wonder what that something is...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:14 am

https://natalie.mu/comic/news/564622

The television broadcast begins this fall on Fuji TV.

It's going to be interesting to see how long this series lasts, then. If the series airs at 9AM they would either need a replacement quickly, or the series will last for one or two years.
She/Her
bisexual milf

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:21 am

JulieYBM wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:14 am https://natalie.mu/comic/news/564622

It's going to be interesting to see how long this series lasts, then. If the series airs at 9AM they would either need a replacement quickly, or the series will last for one or two years.
That's kinda bad news because it will mean censorship, won't it? If it will air for one year I will be very surprised. I don't think it will air longer than one season with Toriyama having passed away (still feels unreal to write, say or think that).

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:33 am

sangofe wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:21 am
JulieYBM wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:14 am https://natalie.mu/comic/news/564622

That's kinda bad news because it will mean censorship, won't it? If it will air for one year I will be very surprised. I don't think it will air longer than one season with Toriyama having passed away (still feels unreal to write, say or think that).
I think the series was created with being marketable worldwide in mind, so they probably won't need to censor anything because there won't be anything that needs to be censored in the first place.
She/Her
bisexual milf