Who is the Strongest Person in Hell?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Who is the Strongest Person in Hell?

Post by Almighty Majin » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:24 pm

I wonder who was the strongest being residing in Hell during each point of time in the series, assuming a Freeza type of situation where they each get their own personal Hell.

Beginning of DB: I assume the strongest in Hell at this point is either King Vegeta or Bibidi and it stays that way likely until Namek.
Post-Namek: The strongest in Hell at this point is likely Jeice.
Post-Future Trunks Arrival: Freeza and Cold are the strongest in Hell now.
Post-Androids: Cell is the strongest in Hell.
Post-Buu: Since Dabura was sent to Heaven and Kid Buu got reincarnated, Cell would still be the strongest in Hell at this point in time.
Post-RoF: Freeza returns as the strongest in Hell and remains as such until his revival in the ToP arc.
ToP: I guess when Freeza is brought back Cell is back to being the strongest in Hell? Did Copy Vegeta go to Hell when he was destroyed in the anime? If that is the case then in the anime continuity Copy Vegeta would be the strongest in Hell...
Post-Moro: Moro is definitely the strongest in Hell now.
Post-Granolah: Now it's Gas.
Super Hero: Still Gas probably unless Cell Max is stronger than Gas (does Cell Max even have a soul?)
28th Tenkaichi Budokai: If they managed to kill Freeza yet again then perhaps Freeza is the strongest in Hell once more by this point.

Bonus (GT)
Beginning of GT: It's either Cell or since the movies are ambiguously canon to GT, maybe Hirudegarn?
Post-Bebi: Did Bebi have a soul? We didn't see him come out of Hell in the Super 17 arc which was strange. It could just be that the writers didn't want to deal with having Bebi being fought again right after his own arc ended.
Post-Super 17: I have no clue if Super 17 went to Hell either. When Goku visits Piccolo at the end of GT, there's no sign of characters like Bebi or Super 17 being in Hell and Piccolo is implied to be the strongest guy there by that point. Did Piccolo get stronger in the afterlife or did Bebi and 17 not go to Hell?

Bloodthroe

Re: Who is the Strongest Person in Hell?

Post by Bloodthroe » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:49 am

People in hell aren't supposed to keep their body, according to the in-universe rules. Only heroes like Goku get to keep their bodies. So filler episodes of villains in hell create plot holes. I guess Frieza is an exception, because he did so much evil in his life that he needed to repent before being reborn, but even then he was too weak to escape, so he must have lost all of his power. I think he is also the only canonical person we have seen in hell.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:21 pm

If the premise of M12 is still a thing, I'd say the strongest person in Hell is Janemba or whatever other being takes the place of Janemba, if & when DBS/DBD decides to go down that route. Millions of years of collected evil sounds like it could be a greater threat than anything else in the series thus far, especially with how many powerful villains have been vanquished in recent time. It would be a good way for all of the Dragon Team's conflicts to have one, big culmination of consequence in the pursuit of them always trying to get stronger & better at fighting.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:04 am

theherodjl wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:21 pm If the premise of M12 is still a thing, I'd say the strongest person in Hell is Janemba or whatever other being takes the place of Janemba, if & when DBS/DBD decides to go down that route. Millions of years of collected evil sounds like it could be a greater threat than anything else in the series thus far, especially with how many powerful villains have been vanquished in recent time. It would be a good way for all of the Dragon Team's conflicts to have one, big culmination of consequence in the pursuit of them always trying to get stronger & better at fighting.
I think that’s a very neat idea! I’ve thought about a villain that sort of resembles Janemba or a dragon-like figure, but would have an ability to bring back a copy of past villains.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:16 pm

We know Cell would have ended up in Other World, for Enma Daiō to send Cell to Heaven or Hell. So it is possible Cell Max would be the same, even if he wasn't complete.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:47 am

You're basically asking the strongest villain who died then. Which is Cell Max...

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:08 am

Peach wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:47 am You're basically asking the strongest villain who died then. Which is Cell Max...
Gas is stronger than Cell Max and he would be the strongest person in Hell at the moment.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/