Should Universe 7 Saiyans get revived along with the planet

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

Should Universe 7 Saiyans get revived along with the planet

Post by super michael » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:57 am

I am curious to see what member thinks on this, should Universe 7 Saiyans get revived, just like how Universe 6 earth got revived after their destruction?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Should Universe 7 Saiyans get revived along with the planet

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:15 am

Not only would it be pointless it would take away from both Goku and Vegeta as characters. So no

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:26 am

I don't think it would be a good idea considering that most of them are not good. King Vegeta was just as evil as Freeza himself.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:57 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:26 am I don't think it would be a good idea considering that most of them are not good. King Vegeta was just as evil as Freeza himself.
In the manga Vados says this "Ah, I've found it Champa-Sama! There's an Earth in our 6th universe as well. But unfortunely... In this earth's past, it appears a senseless massive war broke out... Driving all of humanity into extinction..."

The humans were so evil in Universe 6, they basically ended all life on it. However that didn't stop Beerus from reviving the humans on Universe 6, even if they are evil.

Universe 7 has Prince Vegeta, who has the power to rule over Planet Vegeta. Then again there are his bloodline that can rule over Planet Vegeta. They can show Planet Vegeta a better path, than what they were doing.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:49 pm

Restoring the whole planet and reviving everyone would be pointless, though I'd like to see Goku meet his father, at least once (if not permanently). Having him find his dad's scouter seemed like a perfect breadcrumb to build upon, but eh, Daima.

Bloodthroe

Post by Bloodthroe » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:19 pm

super michael wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:57 amIn the manga Vados says this "Ah, I've found it Champa-Sama! There's an Earth in our 6th universe as well. But unfortunely... In this earth's past, it appears a senseless massive war broke out... Driving all of humanity into extinction..."

The humans were so evil in Universe 6, they basically ended all life on it. However that didn't stop Beerus from reviving the humans on Universe 6, even if they are evil.
That's not to imply the humans are very evil in Universe 6. We here in the real world have come close to exterminating all life on our planet through nuclear warfare.

Beerus degreed planet Vegeta be destroyed. I can't imagine it going over well if the planet were brought back.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:51 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:26 am I don't think it would be a good idea considering that most of them are not good. King Vegeta was just as evil as Freeza himself.
Frankly, I’m not sure that the Saiyans being evil would matter much to Goku and Vegeta. Goku in particular doesn’t seem to have any problem allowing Freeza to run amok in the universe.

Besides, Saiyans in post-revival material actually come off as less evil compared to how Toei used to depict them. King Vegeta is one example. In the original Broly movie, he attempts to murder Broly when he’s an infant, and tries to do the same to Paragus for objecting to it. In Super, he instead banishes Broly to a distant planet, and doesn’t kill Paragus for speaking up against it.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:45 pm

I don't think Goku would like them going to other planets and taking over them.
She/Her

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:34 pm

If it happened, people probably wouldn't be pleased with the result being how Toriyama writes Saiyans now and not the fan idea that is built from their depiction in the Saiyan arc and the Z anime filler. The same way that new Bardock or Cabba are a bit contentious. Maybe it should happen then but it is also much simpler to just say there is another Saiyan survivor or use U6 to introduce a new character.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:10 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:45 pm I don't think Goku would like them going to other planets and taking over them.
He’s fine with Freeza doing that.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:48 am

There is a one year time limit for mass resurrections but I forgot if that applied to both Shenron and Porunga. I think that rule was created so that only those killed on Namek would be resurrected and not from every planet Freeza's army attacked before.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:28 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:15 am Not only would it be pointless it would take away from both Goku and Vegeta as characters. So no
Take away from them meaning it would erase the theming/motivation for their backstory?
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:42 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:28 pm
MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:15 am Not only would it be pointless it would take away from both Goku and Vegeta as characters. So no
Take away from them meaning it would erase the theming/motivation for their backstory?
Correct.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:03 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:42 pm
Correct.
Fair but it seems like the U6 saiyans were kind of a cheat code for getting around that.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:23 am

I think that's the exact term I would use too! It's a cheat that lets us have Saiyans withouth actually cheapening Vegeta's backstory and just reviving them. But I dont see anything good coming out of reviving the actual Saiyan's from Universe 7
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:35 am

Would that even be possible? I'm not sure. Yemma and Frieza both imply that each planet has its own version of Hell. I presume the same is true of Heaven (if any Saiyans managed to make it there). Usually, a soul is purified and reincarnated after a while, but what happens if the planet itself is dead? Can't reincarnate anything then. Maybe all the gods retire and go off to...whatever their version of the afterlife is, since they no longer have a job. Then, several decades later, a wish is made to revive the planet, and suddenly they're all caught with their pants down. Could be an amusing situation, but I don't see it happening.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:51 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:03 am
MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:42 pm

Correct.
Fair but it seems like the U6 saiyans were kind of a cheat code for getting around that.
I agree it was definitely a cheat,but since they're Saiyans from another universe with their own history eh I'm unbothered by it

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:01 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:35 am Would that even be possible? I'm not sure. Yemma and Frieza both imply that each planet has its own version of Hell. I presume the same is true of Heaven (if any Saiyans managed to make it there). Usually, a soul is purified and reincarnated after a while, but what happens if the planet itself is dead? Can't reincarnate anything then. Maybe all the gods retire and go off to...whatever their version of the afterlife is, since they no longer have a job. Then, several decades later, a wish is made to revive the planet, and suddenly they're all caught with their pants down. Could be an amusing situation, but I don't see it happening.
The Super Dragon Balls will make anything possible if they use those set of orbs.
She/Her