Dragon Ball now available on Prime Video (for Italian fans)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Dragon Ball now available on Prime Video (for Italian fans)

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:35 am

Good thing is it will be available to stream at no additional cost for Italian Prime members, until Crunchyroll takes over there I guess.

Nice they get both their local dub and the Japanese version (presumably with subtitles).

As part of the announcements of Dynit to the Lucca Comics & Games 2023the television series of DRAGON BALL And DRAGON BALL Z they are already available on Prime Video with the first seasons of episodes, visible at no further additional cost for all those who have an ad subscription Amazon Prime.

The episodes feature original Japanese audio as well as Italian dubbing broadcast on Italia 1, accompanied by the original Japanese theme songs. Dynit confirmed that even classic films will arrive on the streaming platform with the first Italian dubbing made for the home video version since then Dynamic Italy.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball now available on Prime Video (for Italian fans)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:12 am

MOLTO BENE! I am so happy for italian fans.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:03 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:12 am MOLTO BENE! I am so happy for italian fans.
Ditto.

Link for the report.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:24 am

That's great! I wonder which video source they're using.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:26 am

I wonder if I can gain access to it if I'd turn on my VPN to Italy...🤔

Update: It works! It works! I see they have about 35 episodes of DBZ and 28 episodes of DB available on Prime Video. Looks they're splitting the show in seasons. They also have Resurrection F and the Broly movie in Italian dub only.
The world is your's.

Joujou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Joujou » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:00 pm

tinlunlau wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:26 am I wonder if I can gain access to it if I'd turn on my VPN to Italy...🤔

Update: It works! It works! I see they have about 35 episodes of DBZ and 28 episodes of DB available on Prime Video. Looks they're splitting the show in seasons. They also have Resurrection F and the Broly movie in Italian dub only.
can you post screenshots of the footage please? to see which master they used
thanks

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:13 pm

Joujou wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:00 pm
tinlunlau wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:26 am I wonder if I can gain access to it if I'd turn on my VPN to Italy...🤔

can you post screenshots of the footage please? to see which master they used
thanks
Can't take screenshots off the phone directly from app for obvious reasons. The most I can do is take a photo from my phone and that's not gonna help much for determining which video masters are being used. It does appear to be 4:3 though.
The world is your's.

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:44 pm

Does it have What is my destiny dragon ball sung by george ovanni

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:39 pm

Dragon ball master wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:44 pm Does it have What is my destiny dragon ball sung by george ovanni
It appears to be using the original Japanese intro and outro. No Italian theme song or end credit closers.
The world is your's.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:48 pm

Those are good news, maybe it will be available for prime users in america, some day.

Personally I think both Crunchy roll and Prime could have it. As long as each of them pays their part to Toei, I don't see why there should be somethig as an exclusive streaming service for an anime, same as in the 90s every TV station could air DB.

Either way, I am sure it would be heavily censored.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:30 pm

Saiya6Cit wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:48 pm Those are good news, maybe it will be available for prime users in america, some day.

Personally I think both Crunchy roll and Prime could have it. As long as each of them pays their part to Toei, I don't see why there should be somethig as an exclusive streaming service for an anime, same as in the 90s every TV station could air DB.

Either way, I am sure it would be heavily censored.
There is a Crunchyroll channel on Amazon Prime Video. But that channel is a mess and is all over the place. They've even skipped episodes and therefore, is pretty incomplete. Some shows don't even have English dub track. Ressurection F isn't even using the correct English subtitles. But the biggest offense of all, none of the movies including Dragon Ball Super: Broly, Super Hero and even One Piece Red offer Dolby 5.1. My rear speakers remain inactive. After my 2 weeks of free trial is up, I am not continuing my subscription to Crunchyroll (on Prime Video). Hope I'm still eligible for the regular Crunchyroll app.
The world is your's.