When do you think the Super anime is returning? Should I read the manga while waiting for the anime?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Re: When do you think the Super anime is returning? Should I read the manga while waiting for the anime?

Post by ChronoTwigger » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:18 pm

sangofe wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:08 pm Please be on this board may enough years so that I can show you your own post when these arcs do get animated hahaha.
Hope you forget about after 25 years of waiting.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: When do you think the Super anime is returning? Should I read the manga while waiting for the anime?

Post by Vegard Aune » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:21 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:20 pm
Vegard Aune wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:24 pmFunny thing is, if they have Moro and Granolah happen after Super Hero, that kinda fixes the consistency error Toyotaro brought about by placing the movie after them (...). And since Goku and Vegeta were barely in Super Hero, and Broly is not in Moro or Granolah, it would not require much work at all to just modify it so the story goes Broly - Super Hero - Moro - Granolah.
You'd have to fix the error of Goten, Trunks, Marron and Pan, who look like kids/toddlers (Dragon Ball Super Broly), suddenly having an inhumane growth spurt (Dragon Ball Super Super Hero), and then going back to being kids/toddlers (Moro and Granola sagas) again.
...Well obviously if the anime adapts those arcs and makes them post-SH then any scenes featuring the kids would be changed to accommodate them being older. Did you seriously thing I meant to just take everything about them in the manga and leave it exactly as-is?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:03 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:18 pm
sangofe wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:08 pm Please be on this board may enough years so that I can show you your own post when these arcs do get animated hahaha.
Hope you forget about after 25 years of waiting.
I've been a fan of Dragon Ball since 1986. I won't forget in 25 years. I'm putting screen shots in my archives.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:07 pm

I don't see any reason why TOEI wouldn't want the Moro and Granolah arcs animated. Why did Super start with retellings of Battle of Gods and Resurrection F? It's a lot easier to just adapt existing stories than start from scratch, it's easy money no matter how you look at it.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Gashaponista

Post by Gashaponista » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:29 pm

sangofe wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:08 pm
ChronoTwigger wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:58 pm "They can make money with Moro character!"

A: BANDAI make money with games. They pay a right fee to Toei. A simple 20$ dollars DLC for XV2 cannot pay for the whole animation of 100+ episodes required..

B: if even so, TOEI make way more incomes by a movie (8M to produce Broly > 150M net income) without any bargain with TV broadcasters/BANDAI. BANDAI was all about paying TOEI ***AFTER*** the results of BoG.

C: DBS manga is made to promote animation, is made by TOEI impulse. Is not that Moro or Granolah are extremely important pieces of lore conceived by Toriyama. They feel like indepths between movies. This same DBSSH manga arc is a promotion of the movie itself (if anyone want to purchase the homevideo, right now). So, really, why looking the past when they can conceive new stuff on the fly when needed?

D: the rise of Daima tell us that they are totally about making DB animation, but why not Morolah? Morolah is a filler made to keep things warm between movies.

E: is so clear that the next movie will show Broly, Black Frieza, Beast Gohan and Orange Piccolo, probably last Goku UI achievements and so on.
After showing that, do you really think they'll engage people with a lowered down power level?
"We've shown you Goku Perfect UI and Ultimate Vegeta UE, not speaking Gogeta Whatever! Now follow us for the story about less than this! Less power and Moro, that's less than Black Frieza!".
Not how Dragon Ball worked since the start.

So the reply is: Moro and Granolah will be never animated. They are fillers and the only chance to see them animated is maybe by some condensed TV special or OVA homevideo,and to be honest that's the perfect lenght for such immotivated, stretched, void stories.
If that will ever happen (maybe in 2026) they can also adapt them to whatever is going on in the franchise that moment, so continuity will be not an issue.
Please be on this board may enough years so that I can show you your own post when these arcs do get animated hahaha.
Save my message as well please, I'm sure Toyo-filler-arcs (Moro and Granolah) will never be animated.
Forget about watching Vegeta's Wagamama no Gokui or Black Frieza officially animated, neither Toei nor Toriyama have any interest in making the slightest reference to those aberrations.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:19 am

Remember this Moro chapter and Granolah chapter Goku is smart, that is something Toei absolutely hate.
The evidence is DBS Super Heroes, they ignored everything about Dragon Ball, just to make him a clown.

DBS Super Heroes movies Goku didn't look like a expert at all.

DB Goku >>>>>>> DBS Super Heroes movie Goku

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:12 am

jesus christ, guys.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:25 am

Lets not forget that Goku has mastered to use MUI at will, he has gained some benefits thanks to his experience in the manga. He can automatically harden his body without thinking and he can use his Avatar form (Susano). Goku can use TUI, a form superior than Ultra Instinct Omen/Sign.

Vegeta he has gained Forced Spirit Fission, which has a lot of use along with Hakai. Vegeta has gained Ultra Ego, a transformation more powerful than ESSB.

Both Vegeta and Goku has made a lot of progress in the manga of DBS.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:04 pm

super michael wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:25 am Lets not forget that Goku has mastered to use MUI at will, he has gained some benefits thanks to his experience in the manga. He can automatically harden his body without thinking and he can use his Avatar form (Susano). Goku can use TUI, a form superior than Ultra Instinct Omen/Sign.

Vegeta he has gained Forced Spirit Fission, which has a lot of use along with Hakai. Vegeta has gained Ultra Ego, a transformation more powerful than ESSB.

Stop going off the topic!

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:11 pm

sangofe wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:04 pm
super michael wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:25 am Lets not forget that Goku has mastered to use MUI at will, he has gained some benefits thanks to his experience in the manga. He can automatically harden his body without thinking and he can use his Avatar form (Susano). Goku can use TUI, a form superior than Ultra Instinct Omen/Sign.

Stop going off the topic!
Technically it isn't going off topic, since in the anime Goku hasn't mastered to use UI at will and Vegeta hasn't learned Spirit Fission and UE.
If the anime does the Moro and Granolah chapter, then both Goku and Vegeta will master some skills and abilities.

It is my assumption that the reason Toei doesn't want to animate DBS chapter, is because they don't like how Goku is written smart.

Toei wrote DBS Super Heroes Goku like a clown, does anyone think they want to animate DBS Moro chapter and Granolah, when Goku isn't dumb but a genius?

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:58 pm

bro just add it to your sig

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:30 pm

Anyway.

Whether the material currently specific to the Dragon Ball Super Manga gets animated or not, I'd advocate reading it, as something that's enjoyable on its own merit. Even if you read it and it does get adapted into an Anime, there'd be things specific to that medium to enjoy anew (e.g., art and animation direction, music choice, voice acting, etc.).

(Then, after you've read it, maybe you'd enjoy Re-Reading it. :lol: )

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:48 pm

the dragon ball super c artoon will return when it is something the production committee feels like doing
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:29 pm

At this point not before 2026. We may actually have another movie first. And yes you should read the manga.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:51 am

There was a rumor that Shuiesha wanted Toei to wait until more manga arcs were completed before continuing the anime. It was from the same leakers who first revealed Daima so could be true. I think that makes sense since it seems unlikely Toei could ignore arcs involving Toriyama. They added filler to Toriyama's outlines in Super but the only original arc was copy Vegeta and a few episodes long.

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:30 am

Skar wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:51 am There was a rumor that Shuiesha wanted Toei to wait until more manga arcs were completed before continuing the anime. It was from the same leakers who first revealed Daima so could be true. I think that makes sense since it seems unlikely Toei could ignore arcs involving Toriyama. They added filler to Toriyama's outlines in Super but the only original arc was copy Vegeta and a few episodes long.
I also feel like, if the manga original arcs had just been Moro then it might have been understandable to just ignore it if the anime ever returns seeing how, while I quite enjoyed it, it did feel kinda filler, and its contributions to the canon are things that could easily just be disregarded and it... feels like it kinda has been, even in the manga. (Moro: Goku has fully 100% mastered Ultra Instinct at last!!! Granolah: Yeah he still needs to work on that.) But with Granolah actually making substantial additions to the Destroyer/Angel lore with the whole Ultra Ego thing and setting up the idea of an endgame where Goku becomes an angel and Vegeta becomes a God of Destruction or something (idk I still haven't finished the arc but the vibe I'm getting is that this is at least heavily hinted at?) it kinda feels like it would be very awkward indeed if Toei just ignores that entirely and Toyotaro has to just keep going as if that never happened.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:44 am

Skar wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:51 am but the only original arc was copy Vegeta and a few episodes long.
Barry Kahn arc too. And most of the ToP recruitment episodes, for example Thin Buu was definitely all theirs since he didn't appear in the manga.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:05 am

Lets not forget the episode when Beerus is inside a costume that looks like Monaka, that is a original anime episode. The episode that made Goku look really bad.

Toei also added the line that Goku had doubts if he could teach Oob anything, in the episode to recruit C17.
That is a huge contradiction, since he didn't have any problem wanting to teach Gohan in the Saiyan Saga. He taught and made Gohan the strongest warrior in the Cell Saga.

Those are things that doesn't appear in DBS Manga.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:24 am

Vegard Aune wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:30 amI also feel like, if the manga original arcs had just been Moro then it might have been understandable to just ignore it if the anime ever returns seeing how, while I quite enjoyed it, it did feel kinda filler, and its contributions to the canon are things that could easily just be disregarded and it... feels like it kinda has been, even in the manga. (Moro: Goku has fully 100% mastered Ultra Instinct at last!!! Granolah: Yeah he still needs to work on that.) But with Granolah actually making substantial additions to the Destroyer/Angel lore with the whole Ultra Ego thing and setting up the idea of an endgame where Goku becomes an angel and Vegeta becomes a God of Destruction or something (idk I still haven't finished the arc but the vibe I'm getting is that this is at least heavily hinted at?) it kinda feels like it would be very awkward indeed if Toei just ignores that entirely and Toyotaro has to just keep going as if that never happened.
I forgot how much Toriyama contributed to Moro and Granolah but I think adapting arcs with any involvement from Toriyama seems likely than Toei coming up a few completely filler arcs. Some fans have been saying that the anime will return and ignore the manga every year since 2018. Anyone can scrape together enough ideas to continue the story but it's been almost six years so they must've had a reason to wait instead of doing that if people don't want to believe what the leakers were claiming.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:27 pm

Adapting the Moro and Granola arcs isn't gonna be an issue. Shuiesha can easily greenlight the anime. Right now, from the business perspective the smart move is for them to focus on Daima. Who knows how long Daima lasts. They did increase the scale of the project as the production went on, after all. My feeling tells me that it won't be until 2025 at the earliest. They can carry over the staff from Daima to Super as well if they haven't decided to move on to other projects, so that's something to consider.

There's also supposedly a movie in work as well.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.