Piccolo comment in DBS Manga doesn't make sense

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

Piccolo comment in DBS Manga doesn't make sense

Post by super michael » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:55 am

Piccolo mentions this in chapter 58:

Piccolo - Not much point in training when we still can't defend the earth.
When was it, I wonder? When did you get so far ahead of us?

The answer is so obvious, the reason Goku got so ahead is because he trains with beings and deities that are stronger and more skillful than himself. Goku trains in special room also, to make his training more effective.

Piccolo and Gohan they don't dare train with Goku at all. They don't dare go to Yardrat or train with Beerus and Whis, so of course they are weaker than Goku by a lot.

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: Piccolo comment in DBS Manga doesn't make sense

Post by Miracles » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:36 pm

At what point in time in the entirety of DB did Goku get so far beyond Piccolo/Gohan? SSJ2? SSJ3? God level? Obviously Piccolo felt he could still keep up at some point if they really trained releasing all their potential. Yet that wasn't even the case during Moro. Yet he realizes that wasn't the case up to that point.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Piccolo comment in DBS Manga doesn't make sense

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:11 pm

It's also worth bearing in mind that at the time he says that, Piccolo has only seen Goku appear to be in Base Form while beating up an empowered Saganbo, and doesn't know any better than that (he just has a couple of question marks over Goku's performance, which have been tentatively answered as being due to how much stronger than everyone else Goku seems to be).

So, even though the training on Earth has made Gohan, Piccolo et al much stronger than they were at the Tournament of Power, it looks like Goku has somehow become radically stronger than that level even in his Base Form, hence Piccolo's question about when it was that the gap between them got as wide as that (which is the actual thrust of the question - i.e., the degree of apparent difference between them). Of course, what appears to be the case, turns out not to be the case, as it's revealed Goku was already using Ultra Instinct against Saganbo when he first showed up.