Death Battle Goku vs Superman again...again

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Death Battle Goku vs Superman again...again

Post by theherodjl » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:26 am

I'm sure Superman will probably win again because he only has limits...until the moment where he needs to save literally everyone. Dr. Manhattan(a dude more powerful than universe-destroying/creating beings like Mr. Mxy) has even recognized Superman's innate importance to the fabric of reality and how he always triumphs against the odds. Sure, it's cliche, but what other outcome was there going to be?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:00 pm

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:42 pm

Video is live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dztPfvT7F5U

Results were unsurprising.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Kazuya Mishima
Banned

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:51 pm

Goku will always be Superman's lesser.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:17 pm

Btw, Death Battle, Superman is not the first superhero.....That's when you know the research is gonna be good in this one. But still, good fight.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:04 pm

Man I really REALLY hope they don't do a fourth one. I knew what the outcome would be and I was still disappointed.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:53 pm

That was a neat battle within the limitations of using video game models and animations. I wish these productions would go out of their way to hire talented hand drawn animators instead, though. The CG rigging just doesn't have the same degree of oomph.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:17 am

• As always, there is no "CC Goku". Just "Goku", or "Dragon Ball Super Goku".

• Dragon Ball Heroes and Dragon Ball Xenoverse aren't connected in any way (and that especially goes for Dragon Ball Online). There's an alternate ending in Xenoverse where your Time Patroller defeats Demigra alone (which should probably be considered so as to avoid giving Goku credits to something he didn't have much contribution). Also, there's no Dark King Demigra in Xenoverse, it's only in Heroes.

• We don't know how many timelines there exist in Dragon Ball. In fact, not only we don't have an official statement, we can't reach a consensus regarding if the movies should take place in the same dimension, or separated from each other.

• Xeno Goku can't break space-time just by going Super Saiyan 4 in the sense people usually mean it, as in "he's so powerful, look at what he can do if he does that". He breaks it because he is not supposed to be doing in that in that specific time. Just like Vegeta can't transform into Super Saiyan in Saiyan saga or Gohan transforming into Super Saiyan in Freeza saga, otherwise they would break the continuity. It doesn't mean they are powerful.

I was honestly expecting more mistakes, surprised there were just these few ones. It's something to try to keep minimal as much as possible for a next battle between them. Anyway, kudos to the animators and to whatever effort put into it.

And again, a Bardock vs Jor-El fight (also Bardock vs Minato Namikaze) would be much more interesting and a novelty. Let's do it!
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:36 pm

The specter of cranking out another video out every time Goku gets a concrete new form does hang over this, but their second video was both too soon and too ham-handed, so I can believe they did not want that as the final word in their catalog. I did like the battle a lot this time around. The more saturated character models, the emphasis on speed, the necessary but pleasant pivot into treating Goku as Superman's benign distraction rather than someone to be put down. That ending was rightfully excessive and put the others to shame.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:53 pm

Not surpsing that Goku lost again. I'm surprise that the dislike and comments aren't as bad as I thought it would be.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:23 pm

Figured Goku would lose again, but I’m glad Goku wasn’t portrayed as TFS Goku turned up to 11 like last time.