How did Black know Beerus was dead in Trunks timeline.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

How did Black know Beerus was dead in Trunks timeline.

Post by TobyS » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:52 am

Black wishes to switch Bodies with Goku, kills goku, probably destroys the super dragonballs, probably destroys the regular DB's if he knows about them.

He flees to another timeline to get away from his timelines Beerus and other GOD's. We later see him observing Shin dying against Dabra and is pleased there is a timeline where Beerus is dead.

How would he know to go to Trunks timeline, and fast forward in time to where Beerus would be dead, how would he know what timeline and what point in time would be a good place to start?

My guess is he, knowing time travel is a sin, investigated the entire lifetime of all the Trunks's perhaps only starting with this one and getting lucky when he realises at some point Shin dies when fighting with Trunks.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: How did Black know Beerus was dead in Trunks timeline.

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:51 pm

He probably sense Shin's ki is gone and felt like it was the perfect time to strike. In the anime, it was heavy implied that Dabra killed Shin and Kibito as well. Trunks said "Many lives were lost on that day" meaning they got killed.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:59 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:51 pm He probably sense Shin's ki is gone and felt like it was the perfect time to strike. In the anime, it was heavy implied that Dabra killed Shin and Kibito as well. Trunks said "Many lives were lost on that day" meaning they got killed.
Right I get he can sense them being dead but how did he know to time jump to trunks area. Was he just jumping forward till he found a universe where a god dies? I get he'd check all timelines but to check the entire timestream Seems like an infinitely large job

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:10 pm

I think he only checked the timelines that generated time rings. Aren't they the only ones that deviate from the rest of the timestream?
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:02 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:59 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:51 pm He probably sense Shin's ki is gone and felt like it was the perfect time to strike. In the anime, it was heavy implied that Dabra killed Shin and Kibito as well. Trunks said "Many lives were lost on that day" meaning they got killed.
Right I get he can sense them being dead but how did he know to time jump to trunks area. Was he just jumping forward till he found a universe where a god dies? I get he'd check all timelines but to check the entire timestream Seems like an infinitely large job
But they are Gods whose job is to oversee hundreds, if not thousands of planets across the Universe, some most certainly much larger than the Earth. Observing the rise of mortal life across the Universe, wouldn't that also be an "infinitely large job"? And yet the Supreme Kais do it.

Ultimately they are Gods, not mortals. Observing all the streams of time seems rather impossible for a mortal, but not for a God. We have plenty of Deities in fiction who have the power/ability to see all potential outcomes, all potential streams of time, it's not unheard of.

I mean, even in Dragon Ball you got Zamasu in Heroes who went to 99 different timelines to kill 99 different Gokus and be unchallenged.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:11 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:02 pm
TobyS wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:59 pm
But they are Gods whose job is to oversee hundreds, if not thousands of planets across the Universe, some most certainly much larger than the Earth. Observing the rise of mortal life across the Universe, wouldn't that also be an "infinitely large job"? And yet the Supreme Kais do it.

Ultimately they are Gods, not mortals. Observing all the streams of time seems rather impossible for a mortal, but not for a God. We have plenty of Deities in fiction who have the power/ability to see all potential outcomes, all potential streams of time, it's not unheard of.

I mean, even in Dragon Ball you got Zamasu in Heroes who went to 99 different timelines to kill 99 different Gokus and be unchallenged.
Now that you mention it Shin was able to find that one timelines future Zamas had done damage just as quickly so there's precedent for them easily being able to find these gaps and events in time if actively looking for them. I guess just a time ring and inhuman reaction speeds and ki sensing go a long way.