The timeline of.... timelines.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

The timeline of.... timelines.

Post by TobyS » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:36 pm

I had a compulsion to create this, not sure if anyones made anything like this but it's basically a timeline but for all the parallel worlds at once.

All the canon ones, plus GT and I have Xeno coloumn, for Xeno stuff but also any non canon movie type thing.

The only date I wish we had was for when Gokus body was taken, but I guess that's 1 year after the U6 Arc as Zamasu is just waiting for the Dragonballs.

Any thoughts or feedback?

The colours are for the timelines so in theory when it changes colours is when it diverges.
Although we know from Super that you need a sufficiently large paradox, like killing Zamasu vs Trunks visiting, so sometimes there's unique events to a timeline but before it officially broke off.

Green text is info from DBO, there's more I didn't includes only included stuff that happened before EOZ or Trunks timelines dates etc.

I'd love some feedback on accuracy or design too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The timeline of.... timelines.

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:03 pm

There are a lot of stuff wrong, but I'm going to point out the most egregious one. The one that if you get wrong, you get everything else wrong:

• Jaco, the Galactic Patrolman takes place ten years before the beginning of Dragon Ball. So if the beginning of Dragon Ball occurs in AGE 749, then Jaco, the Galactic Patrolman takes place in AGE 739. Which consequently makes Dragon Ball Minus (and the destruction of planet Vegeta) to take place in this same year as well. You cannot change Goku's birth year to AGE 734. It's either AGE 737 or AGE 736.

You may want to correct that one and go from there to adjust everything else accordingly.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:06 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:03 pm There are a lot of stuff wrong, but I'm going to point out the most egregious one. The one that if you get wrong, you get everything else wrong:

• Jaco, the Galactic Patrolman takes place ten years before the beginning of Dragon Ball. So if the beginning of Dragon Ball occurs in AGE 749, then Jaco, the Galactic Patrolman takes place in AGE 739. Which consequently makes Dragon Ball Minus (and the destruction of planet Vegeta) to take place in this same year as well. You cannot change Goku's birth year to AGE 734. It's either AGE 737 or AGE 736.

You may want to correct that one and go from there to adjust everything else accordingly.
Doesn't the Gokus age confusion come about due to the 3 years in an incubator thing?

Can you point out a source for Jaco being 10 years before Goku meets Bulma?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:24 pm

TobyS wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:06 pm Can you point out a source for Jaco being 10 years before Goku meets Bulma?
The very first page of chapter 1 of Jaco the Galactic Patrolman opens with narration saying it happened ten years ago.

Bulma is stated to be five years old when she appears at the end of Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, and she says she's 16 years old at the beginning of Dragon Ball.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:16 pm

TobyS wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:06 pmDoesn't the Gokus age confusion come about due to the 3 years in an incubator thing?
I guess so, though no confusion should occur. Changing Goku's birth year that much would obviously cause problems. But by changing to AGE 736 (if you think Goku spent full three years in an incubator), you will just have to accept that he will be one year older than what he should be (if Goku met Bulma at twelve, then it means he will turn thirteen later that same year).

Either you do that or you stick to his known birth year, AGE 737. You will have to assume Gine rounded up the amount of time Goku spent in an incubator. It wasn't full three years, but two years and X months instead. Which is the best option here...
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~