Free DBH Victory Mission chapters removed from VJUMP website

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Free DBH Victory Mission chapters removed from VJUMP website

Post by Omori » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:14 am

Seems that the free chapters from Victory Mission (which were available for 6-8 years I think?) got removed from the VJUMP page around a week ago. The old link (http://vjump.shueisha.co.jp/push/dbh/) now forwards to the VJUMP main page.

This screenshot (taken last Tuesday) still showed it appearing on Google Search, while already forwarding the link.

They were also available on the Carddass page before (except the 29th final chapter I think), but didn't check when exactly it disappeared.
The icon "Read all 28 chapters" is still available on the page, despite forwarding to God Mission 10 content.

A bit of a shame, was nice having the chapters officially available for free to check out anytime you like.
Especially since there was never a collected release. Now I wonder why it happened suddenly.
Do they maybe plan to make it available elsewhere? :think:

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Free DBH Victory Mission chapters removed from VJUMP website

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:47 pm

Yeah, it's a real shame. I had myself only encountered those pages for the first time literally a few days prior to them being taken down... kind of a bummer.

Fortunately, Wayback Provides.