Underrated dubs?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: Underrated dubs?

Post by Tian » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:42 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:38 pm Tian is one of my favorite posters here lol.
Oh, thanks for the nice words.

Now going back on topic, yeah, it is really somewhat annoying that alternate English dubs are looked down by some hardcore FUNimation dub fans (I even coined a term for them: FUNidiots)

Geez, they even bashed the Bang Zoom dub when not even a clip of it surfaced. It didn't help either that people like Chris Rager and Chris Sabat joined in the bashing.

Like, dude, chill, you're not gonna lose your job just because somebody else is voicing your character in an alternate dub. Even if that alternate dub is somewhat better than the dub you're in.

Copirachez

Post by Copirachez » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:15 pm

Russian Dub of DBZ. It was made in 2011 and a total of 26 episodes were voiced (perhaps due to the unpopularity of the series in Russia due to the fact that the series was shown very early in the morning). There were some mistake and mispronounces, but overall it had very nice voices, Goku reminded me an Ocean dub Goku. I'm not sure if it's allowed to post links to full episodes here, so here's one of the scenes

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:31 pm

Copirachez wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:15 pm Russian Dub of DBZ. It was made in 2011 and a total of 26 episodes were voiced (perhaps due to the unpopularity of the series in Russia due to the fact that the series was shown very early in the morning). There were some mistake and mispronounces, but overall it had very nice voices, Goku reminded me an Ocean dub Goku. I'm not sure if it's allowed to post links to full episodes here, so here's one of the scenes
That was I was talking about in the previous page. Even though the script problems and the bad quality of the video master, this dub has a good cast (although small) and acting.

It's such a pity that it got screwed by its horrible schedule time and its own broadcaster (as I mentioned in the previous page, 2x2 has a bad reputation among parents, some voice actors and the Russian FCC.)