Piccolo-san-daisuki! In different languages

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Piccolo-san-daisuki! In different languages

Post by Dragon ball master » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:52 pm

I was wondering is there any official languages that dubbed Piccolo-san-daisuki into there languages
I only know that. So far, Only Japan, Spain and Korea dubbed the song so did any other dubs dubbed the song?

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Re: Piccolo-san-daisuki! In different languages

Post by Dragon ball master » Sat May 04, 2024 1:41 pm

Update I found that Valencian Basque And Galcan dubed it to

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat May 04, 2024 2:37 pm

Dragon ball master wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:41 pm Update I found that Valencian Basque And Galcan dubed it to
Think that's it, most other dubs just left it as-is, or in the case of the Funimation, Spanish, Norwegian and Portuguese dubs had an instrumental, which kinda sucks as it takes away the charm. The Portuguese dub has Gohan screaming "Yay" but that's about it.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat May 04, 2024 3:42 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:37 pm
Dragon ball master wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:41 pm Update I found that Valencian Basque And Galcan dubed it to
Think that's it, most other dubs just left it as-is, or in the case of the Funimation, Spanish, Norwegian and Portuguese dubs had an instrumental, which kinda sucks as it takes away the charm. The Portuguese dub has Gohan screaming "Yay" but that's about it.
Someone uploaded the Spanish dub of the movie on Youtube and Internet archive and it has the song left in its original Japanese like the Pioneer/Ocean dub.

Regardless, I don't think the countries that got the song in its original Japanese had a choice to dub it if they weren't given an instrumental track to dub over (unless they wanted to try to sing over the Japanese vocals). Kind of lame most of the countries that got an instrumental just left it as without
bothering with a cover.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat May 04, 2024 4:52 pm

I wonder why the Norwegian dub got an instrumental though? From what I understand the Scandinavian movie and special dubs are just cheap Big Green dub (which we all know how low budget that was itself) knockoffs in the respective languages, so it seems weird they would have been able to get different tracks than the Swedish and Danish dubs, as I believe SF Studios was at the helm of all of them. Maybe there was a mixup of materials and for whatever reason Norway got an instrumental track rather than the Japanese.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: