Toonami doing Kai marathon in honor of Toriyama

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

Toonami doing Kai marathon in honor of Toriyama

Post by mecha3000 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:54 am

https://x.com/ToonHive/status/1767260662453903849?s=20

Pretty cool although some people wanted classic Z episodes. And also, I feel like dedicating all of Toonami to Dragon Ball would've been better with random episodes of Dragon Ball, Z, GT, Kai, and Super.

But hey, it's better than nothing and probably more fitting considering Kai honors Toriyama better than any of the dubbed DB series since it's the most faithful. I probably won't be watching because I've seen Kai more than enough times already, but still pretty nice of Toonami to do what they can to tribute Toriyama, even if it's just a little bit.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Toonami doing Kai marathon in honor of Toriyama

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:58 pm

Kai probably got picked because that's what Cartoon Network currently has broadcast rights to.

If they did air the Dragon Ball Z dub it would probably be the remastered dub with the Kikuchi score anyways, which would piss off the same people whining about Z not airing on Toonami

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: Toonami doing Kai marathon in honor of Toriyama

Post by Tian » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:55 am

mecha3000 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:54 am But hey, it's better than nothing and probably more fitting considering Kai honors Toriyama better than any of the dubbed DB series since it's the most faithful.
It was also the DB series that whose Japanese premiere date was on Toriyama's birthday (05-04-2009)