How was Raditz planning on taking Goku back, in a tiny spacepod that only fits one person?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How was Raditz planning on taking Goku back, in a tiny spacepod that only fits one person?

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 pm

This just struck me today. I don't think I have seen it brought up before. Plot hole? Or should we assume Raditz could call another pod? He also wanted to take Gohan once he found out he existed.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: How was Raditz planning on taking Goku back, in a tiny spacepod that only fits one person?

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 pm

I assume that HE assumed both that Goku was still a normal evil Saiyan and that he had his own original space pod still kicking around from when he first landed as a baby (or otherwise had the technology to track down where it might be if he crawled/wandered away from it and didn’t know its location anymore). Not a particularly big deal/concern to me, really.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: How was Raditz planning on taking Goku back, in a tiny spacepod that only fits one person?

Post by Alruneia » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm

「一人用のポッドでか?」 (hitoriyou no poddo de ka?)
- Broly in a million memes (and in the original movie, of course) :)

I just assume Raditz could request a pod or two to be sent to Earth from some nearby-ish station or outpost or whatever if he needed to. Technically headcanon, I guess, but it's not exactly farfetched.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 pm

In the animé, we see Goku's pod. It needed sone repairs perhaps but I'm sure Raditz could perform those. His father was a brilliant scientist.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:43 am

He came to earth assuming Goku already conquered the earth and wiped out the human race, of course he assumed Goku had access to the space pod he came in.

Vhanos
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vhanos » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:30 am

You know that episode when Piccolo destroyed the spaceship to stop Gohan in his ape form a second time? Was that Goku's spaceship when he came as a child? I know it's filler, but whatever.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:31 am

Vhanos wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:30 am You know that episode when Piccolo destroyed the spaceship to stop Gohan in his ape form a second time? Was that Goku's spaceship when he came as a child? I know it's filler, but whatever.
Goku's pod was used as a base for his Namek space ship.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:49 am

Vhanos wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:30 am You know that episode when Piccolo destroyed the spaceship to stop Gohan in his ape form a second time? Was that Goku's spaceship when he came as a child? I know it's filler, but whatever.
Yes it was. And because it happened in filler the anime ignored that to follow the manga