Discord group video call on "Your hopes and fears for the future of the Dragon Ball license" - Saturday April 20, 2024

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Discord group video call on "Your hopes and fears for the future of the Dragon Ball license" - Saturday April 20, 2024

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:13 am

So myself and sangofe have a tribute Discord server we made in Akira Toriyama's memory to honour the man who brought us this franchise we all love.

This Saturday April 20, 2024 we will be holding a video call for anyone interested in meeting other fans, chatting about any and all hopes and fears for the future of the Dragon Ball license and getting off their chest what Toriyama meant to them, if need be.

Time is flexible, as I know people are in different parts of the world and someone's morning could be another person's afternoon. I am proud to confirm for this call the Dragon Ball scholar himself Derek Padula has said he can provisionally do 3pm (Eastern Daylight Time), but we can start earlier if that's too late in other people's areas. I'm also messaging Geekdom101 as we speak and hope to get confirmation today about whether or not it suits him too.

If anyone is interested message me and I'll send you a link to the server.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Re: Discord group video call on "Your hopes and fears for the future of the Dragon Ball license" - Saturday April 20, 20

Post by Dragon ball master » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:02 am

But on Saturdays on Twitch geekdom does a re-watching dragon ball streams at 1 pm and we are watching the movie 2. He might finsh befor 3 pm but he might be late or he has to stream earlier

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: Discord group video call on "Your hopes and fears for the future of the Dragon Ball license" - Saturday April 20, 20

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 am

As I say time is flexible, if Geekdom has no plans after the Twitch stream he's welcome to join. No hard rules on start or end time, just whenever works for people on the day.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:48 am

Also, people don't have to join with video. That's optimal.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:02 am

Yes indeed. I said I'll respect anyone's wishes if they don't want their voices recorded. The same applies for being on video. There's no need if anyone is uncomfortable with that, and if they would prefer to just join with video that's perfectly fine too.

Also sangofe has suggested a new summary of the group chat topic, which will be:

"To discuss you hopes and fears for the Dragon Ball series, and also if you still got things on your heart to share''