Best Remix 2006 preview

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kula
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Best Remix 2006 preview

Post by Kula » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:15 am

If you go to this link...

http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=COCX-34074

You can hear audio clips from the new 'Best Remix 2006 1/2 Special' album. Most of the songs sound like someone took the original, put it through a sound processor and added a few effects. They're certainly not re-versions, and the 'Head Cha La' isn't the 2005 version.

I'm usually a sucker for remixes, but these just sound half-assed.

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by chibi_goten » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:49 am

Yeah, I don't think they are up too much. Heh and I normally like synthesizers, they are awesome.

Boo-boooooo
- Scott

Stridex
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Stridex » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:10 pm

Damn, that version of Cha La Head Cha La blows. Seriously. And I'm a pretty big Cha La guy... I mean, I rock out to video game versions of the song. I used as a basketball warm-up in high school (the rest of the team was a little weirded out, but seniors do as they please, ya know? :) ...

All of this was... flat. Just flat. And not because it was a poor quality stream.

And I swear some of the other songs didn't have anything new... wtf? Ki-ki-ki-kill it... hm... is that really a remix?

I don't understand who would buy this; it's the same as buying one of those "Best of" albums where it's not quite right because the compilation company didn't have the rights to the originals... except they DO have the rights... 0_o I know if I had the rights to S.O.S. and the original recordings, I could have some fun with a song...

Sad to think a Dragonball-soundtrack is coming out, and doesn't feature a single song that excites me... Thank god for already having the "5 CD SET" and the few other necessities....

ALTHOUGH... what was that 11th track? I couldn't place it off the top of my head; something lingering from Disc 2 of Neverending Story, or what?
"The emptier one's head is, the more room there is to pack in dreams..."

Kula
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kula » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:26 pm

Stridex wrote:ALTHOUGH... what was that 11th track? I couldn't place it off the top of my head; something lingering from Disc 2 of Neverending Story, or what?
'Mother Universe', from Hit Song Collection 14. Incidentally, it's one my favourite DBZ songs. It's a very beautiful and relaxing orchestral piece with vocals by Kuko. This song is one of the reasons I was looking forward to this release, but now, not so much...

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:16 pm

I can basically take the tracks from my other dbz albums, mess with the audio in adobe premiere (not even a real sound editing program) and come out with this album. :? :x

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:03 am

Why wasn't We Gotta Power remixed? I swear it sounds 100% like the original. Same goes with the others, only with the background music more prominent (Head-Cha La had a little guitar riff removed though)

So...I'm guessing the title's misleading >.<

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:00 am

Yeah, really not much effort put onto these remixes. It's pretty sad. Then again, we'll probably get a full review on the podcast when Mike get's his copy of the CD.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:07 am

Listening to there samples, the songs barely sound any different from the previous versions...

Looks like I'm spending that money on the Best Song Collection "Legend of Dragonworld" set instead.

- Bilis
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

strawberry

Post by strawberry » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:26 am

Seems most people are as dissapointed as I was.
I was so excited when the cd arrived, but upon listening to it I wondered if the songs had beed remixed at all. I had expected something like the 18 1/2 Remix. Especially since they wrte something about a special "muti tape" remixing technique.

Maybe VegettoEX already has his copy, but chose to pretend it doesn't exist. ^^

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:37 am

You make it sound like they completely ruined the songs... :lol:

I can tell though that they remixed like less then 10% of the overall album.

Very light remixes arent exactly brand-new songs, but they ARE remixed, but only ever so slightly.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!