Help identifying a song in Budokai Tenkaichi 2.

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonEric84
Banned

Help identifying a song in Budokai Tenkaichi 2.

Post by SonEric84 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:51 am

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays in dragon adventure mode when you reach the GT sagas? (It plays on the world map and in the battle with Baby.) It reminds me of something out of Chrono Trigger. Also, if anyone knows where I can find it or if it's on a certain CD that would help a lot too. Thanks.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Help identifying a song in Budokai Tenkaichi 2.

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:19 am

SonEric84 wrote:Does anyone know the name of the song that plays in dragon adventure mode when you reach the GT sagas? (It plays on the world map and in the battle with Baby.) It reminds me of something out of Chrono Trigger. Also, if anyone knows where I can find it or if it's on a certain CD that would help a lot too. Thanks.
I'm assuming you're referring to the Japanese version...? I hope...?

If so, it's "DAN DAN Kokoro Hikarete 'ku", which is the opening theme to DBGT (and was also used as the ending theme to the 10th anniversary movie). It's mostly only been on the appropriate CD single for the song.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SonEric84
Banned

Re: Help identifying a song in Budokai Tenkaichi 2.

Post by SonEric84 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:42 am

VegettoEX wrote:
SonEric84 wrote:Does anyone know the name of the song that plays in dragon adventure mode when you reach the GT sagas? (It plays on the world map and in the battle with Baby.) It reminds me of something out of Chrono Trigger. Also, if anyone knows where I can find it or if it's on a certain CD that would help a lot too. Thanks.
I'm assuming you're referring to the Japanese version...? I hope...?

If so, it's "DAN DAN Kokoro Hikarete 'ku", which is the opening theme to DBGT (and was also used as the ending theme to the 10th anniversary movie). It's mostly only been on the appropriate CD single for the song.

Nah, I have the American version. :( I knew the opening was different, but I didn't know the whole soundtrack was changed. I would have recognized DAN DAN though, that's one of my favorites. Thanks anyway though.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:52 am

The song you're looking for is called "Dark Half", the very last track in the Sound Select menu. And it sounds really Chrono Trigger-ish to me too. As it's only part of the North American release I doubt you'll find it in any official sound track.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:01 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:The song you're looking for is called "Dark Half", the very last track in the Sound Select menu. And it sounds really Chrono Trigger-ish to me too. As it's only part of the North American release I doubt you'll find it in any official sound track.

Ah, crap. :oops: I completely forgot about the music player. Sorry for wasting time with this thread. And now I want the Japanese version....