DBZBT2

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

COCONUT MILK
Beyond Newbie

DBZBT2

Post by COCONUT MILK » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:49 am

Why was the music changed from the classic japanese bgm,
To some cheap random music for the american release?

When i first saw the tenkaichi2 previews i was like,
(awesome, old japanese dragonballz music to injoy)

But when i get the game,
I get some edited crap and a load of disappointment.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: DBZBT2

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:35 pm

COCONUT MILK wrote:Why was the music changed from the classic japanese bgm,
To some cheap random music for the american release?

When i first saw the tenkaichi2 previews i was like,
(awesome, old japanese dragonballz music to injoy)

But when i get the game,
I get some edited crap and a load of disappointment.
Please do not add in line breaks after every sentence. It's OK to just keep typing when you're following the same train of thought.

To answer your question, it's nothing new, and shouldn't be a shock to anyone. Up until FUNimation's inclusion of this new dub track on their "remastered" DVDs (and the 1997-1998 movies 1, 2, & 3 aside), they've pretty much stayed as far away as they could from acknowledging the original Japanese score in conjunction with anything related to their productions. The American adaptation of Sparking! got recycled Budokai music, and the sequel got all-new stuff. Let's not forget that any and all vocal songs have always been removed from games when they retain their original BGM (Final Bout, Budokai games, etc.).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::