Episode #0073 (15 April 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:47 am

Mike, you need to get your ass in gear and host that Tapion remix. :p
(PS: Only the first one, I already have the one by Martin Schmaldried)

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:53 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:Damn! Does that mean my Broli haiku doesn't count? :cry:
  • Sadly, it does not.
    Desirecampbell's haiku
    Gets owned by Kaboom's.
8)
Haikus are my favorite. They're easy to write.
Isn't that only 5-6-5? :P
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:55 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:Isn't that only 5-6-5? :P
From what I've come to understand, his name is pronounced Deh-zi-ray, three syllables. I can't do accented characters on my laptop without copy-pasting from somewheres, though...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

dasmith
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dasmith » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:53 am

I hope I get randomly drawn, I put quite a lot of work into my Broli haiku :wink:

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:56 pm

I'd enter just to write the Broli haiku, but I already have movie 8, so I don't want to take it away from someone who actually wants it. I'll just post mine here.

Me make stuff go boom!
My power is maximum!
Die Kakarotto!

I suck with syllables, so I probably messed up.
­

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:31 pm

About Minoshia's name... I've read on some Japanese site(s?) that his name was a play on 椰子の実 yashi no mi, which would make a lot of sense with the other coconut stuff. But I don't know anything about the character, since I've never seen Movie 13 either. :oops:

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:45 pm

TripleRach wrote:But I don't know anything about the character, since I've never seen Movie 13 either. :oops:
Well, he's only shown in the movie through flashbacks and doesn't even have any speaking lines. When I first got the movie (by FUNi's release), I was pretty surprised that he and Tapion don't play that big of a part at all.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:23 am

Great podcast guys. Whenever I think about Tapion and Link, I always thought about the flute, closed eyes, and especially the ears.
Also, the whole discussion about distinguishing movies by their bad guy was a good point. I know all the DBZ movies by their bad guy, except for the last one, which I describe as the Tapion movie.
That also never occured to me aswell, but I distinguish them the same way. Except instead of calling the last movie the "Tapion movie", I refer to it as the Godzilla movie.
Sadly, it does not.
Desirecampbell's haiku
Gets owned by Kaboom's.
Hahaha! That was great. The last part rhymed too.

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:39 am

Excellent podcast! Tapion somehow has crept into my fanboy heart and made me love him and I have no regrets whatsoever. Simply because he's a one shot character that was in depth. Besides Broly and possibly Tullece, all the other main movie characters had little to no depth at all. And that Tapion remix rocked! :)
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:02 am

I enjoyed listening to the podcast and now i see the simularty between Tapion and Link. :D
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

PrincessVegeta
Banned

Post by PrincessVegeta » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:12 pm

Thanks, I'm downloading it onto my IPOD now :wink:
The Ultimate Funimation Fangirl.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:37 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:In terms of the "Where the hell were Mr. Satan and Buu" deal, I just figured that it's not so unbelievable to think they were just off in another city, and were keeping Buu quiet. Plus, you gotta remember that for how disastrous Hildegarn's attacks were, they were pretty localized, only happening within West City.
I just go with the idea that Hercule's taken Buu off to the DB version of Disney World or something while the stuff with Hildegarn is going on, since the wish for Tapion's freedom places the movie at least 6 months after Buu's memories in the normal Earthlings are erased. Heck, we do get a cameo out of Bee! It was pretty nice seeing him alive and well one last time before he got the All Grown Up treatment in the last 3 DBZ episodes.

A little heads-up to all those sending emails for the Broly movie; you also get that nifty Legacy of Goku II featurette. Also look out, Chris Sabat acts like he goes there for the interviewing, when in reality he just walks in and out of the Webfoot Tech building. This was like 5 years ago also, when he still had some noticeable hair on his head (and acting like Larry Dallas from Three's Company by making sure his shirt's unbuttoned for all the ladies out there to see) while talking in that hyper "Skateboards, trading cards, wall-scrolls!" mode. :P Yeah, I pay way too much attention to this one featurette, but it is a real extra after all.
14 years later

Sedorna
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sedorna » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:48 pm

I, too, have movie 8. However, wanting to show off my crappy haiku, I've decided to post it here. Enjoy!

Though Broly is strong,
he has absolutely no
vocabulary.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:57 pm

Sedorna wrote:I, too, have movie 8. However, wanting to show off my crappy haiku, I've decided to post it here. Enjoy!

Though Broly is strong,
he has absolutely no
vocabulary.
Hee, hee. That's a good one.

I oughta get cracking and get a few written... If I don't win, I'll probably pick up FUNi's Broli 3-pack... been meaning to for a while.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!