King Kai?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

King Kai?

Post by SSJmole » Tue May 08, 2007 4:50 pm

I'm sure this has been asked before. But why did King Kai stay dead after they wished back all those killed by Cell?

Ashuros S

Post by Ashuros S » Tue May 08, 2007 5:37 pm

Well since cell was brought to king kai's planet by goku its kinda his fault king kai’s dead and not cell since killing king kai was the last thing on cell's mind at the time though I don’t really know myself that’s just what I think.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Re: King Kai?

Post by Dayspring » Tue May 08, 2007 5:42 pm

SSJmole wrote:I'm sure this has been asked before. But why did King Kai stay dead after they wished back all those killed by Cell?
Plot hole.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue May 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Ashuros S wrote:Well since cell was brought to king kai's planet by goku its kinda his fault king kai’s dead and not cell since killing king kai was the last thing on cell's mind at the time though I don’t really know myself that’s just what I think.
But in the namek saga we learned that someone's death i it was caused by someone else's actions would still be brought back.

like the old namek who unlocked Gohan's potential. Frieza never killed him but bringing back people killed by Frieza , Still gave him life.
Dayspring wrote:
SSJmole wrote:I'm sure this has been asked before. But why did King Kai stay dead after they wished back all those killed by Cell?
Plot hole.
Yeah more than likely but I wondered if it was explained.

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Tue May 08, 2007 6:24 pm

Goku said Kaio-sama wanted to stay dead so he could be with Goku.

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Tue May 08, 2007 9:24 pm

SSJmole wrote:
Ashuros S wrote:Well since cell was brought to king kai's planet by goku its kinda his fault king kai’s dead and not cell since killing king kai was the last thing on cell's mind at the time though I don’t really know myself that’s just what I think.
But in the namek saga we learned that someone's death i it was caused by someone else's actions would still be brought back.

like the old namek who unlocked Gohan's potential. Freeza never killed him but bringing back people killed by Freeza , Still gave him life.
Dayspring wrote:
Plot hole.

well... the manga/anime stated that Saichoro was dying soon.. and possibly the stress and worry of having Freeza on the planet causing death and destruction to his children was what killed him beforehand. That's why when he was revived, he died shortly thereafter again.

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Tue May 08, 2007 9:55 pm

SSJmole wrote:
Dayspring wrote:
Plot hole.
Dragonball Vol. 35, Page 134:

Goku: "The Lord of Worlds could've come back to life with Shenlong's wish, but he's staying to keep me company."

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Tue May 08, 2007 9:58 pm

The dub said everyone on Earth who was killed by Cell. Since he wasn't from or on Earth, well...

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Tue May 08, 2007 10:47 pm

Didn't Tyro answer that one, like, twice already?

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue May 08, 2007 11:01 pm

Super Sonic wrote:The dub said everyone on Earth who was killed by Cell. Since he wasn't from or on Earth, well...
Apparently, both Shenlong and Porunga take some liberties with wishes like that, since #17 was brought back on Earth, despite the fact he died when Cell self-destructed. Same goes with Elder Kaioshin in the Kid Buu saga, who neither died on Earth or was on Earth when Dende made the second Namekian DB wish (though how he was revived at all is a good question since he willingly gave his life energy reservoir to Goku). Tyro's explanation is the true reason, which makes some sense considering certain wishes can be defied if the person being wished on is aware the Dragonballs are being used (like when Goku was wished to be transported to Earth after Namek's destruction, but refused [however promised Porunga he'd return anyhow] so that he could extend his SSJ and Instantaneous Movement training).
14 years later

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed May 09, 2007 3:48 am

Olivier Hague wrote:Didn't Tyro answer that one, like, twice already?
Y'know, I've seen this sort of thing happen before. It's like people would just rather speculate than acknowledge the fact there is a definitve answer posted.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Wed May 09, 2007 7:20 am

Thank you Tyro

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed May 09, 2007 3:50 pm

Tyro wrote:
SSJmole wrote:
Dayspring wrote:Plot hole.
Dragonball Vol. 35, Page 134:

Goku: "The Lord of Worlds could've come back to life with Shenlong's wish, but he's staying to keep me company."
I hate that I keep forgetting that passage. I wonder why Toriyama did that. What difference does it make if Kaio is dead or alive? His world blew up, so it make sense that he'd go to Heaven anyway.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.