Dragonball Z Sparking! Meteor

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinrod153
Beyond Newbie

Dragonball Z Sparking! Meteor

Post by majinrod153 » Fri May 18, 2007 9:44 pm

Here we go again.

http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/dd/34/10021854159.jpg

I found this on dbzonps2 forums by Kruy and image by Saiyan Universe.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri May 18, 2007 9:48 pm

O_o

Hoo, boy...

I spy King Vegeta, King Cold, and Nail.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragonball Z Sparking! Meteor

Post by sangofe » Fri May 18, 2007 9:58 pm

majinrod153 wrote:Here we go again.

http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/dd/34/10021854159.jpg

I found this on dbzonps2 forums by Kruy and image by Saiyan Universe.
...Is this a new Sparking game...0.o?

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri May 18, 2007 10:04 pm

Sure is.
Not only for the PS2, but also the Wii, just like Sparking 2.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri May 18, 2007 10:25 pm

Oh boy, the waiting continues.
Who wants to bet they're going to rename this one to "Budokai Tenkaichi 3"?
I see minor characters in there meaning there is hope for more Dragonball. Looks just like Sparking Neo 2 but who knows from just the screenshot.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Fri May 18, 2007 10:43 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:O_o

Hoo, boy...

I spy King Vegeta, King Cold, and Nail.
That doesn't look like Nail.
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 18, 2007 10:44 pm

Man, why can't they ever make DBZ fighter games for GBA or Gamecube anymore? :(
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Fri May 18, 2007 11:09 pm

The gamecube has a bad controller for fighting. The PS2 controller is more like an arcade setup. Four buttons and 2 analog sticks.

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Fri May 18, 2007 11:33 pm

BrollysKin wrote:The gamecube has a bad controller for fighting. The PS2 controller is more like an arcade setup. Four buttons and 2 analog sticks.
Actually; it's mainly because many retailers aren't going to stock as much Gamecube software in the future, and certain companies don't see the point in new Gamecube software anyways; it's all about the Wii now.

..now on to the news. This game looks pretty promising, but they REALLY need some new GT content.(GT Goten, Gohan, Vegeta, and Kid Goku..) Those would be the only ones I NEED ever. That and they better make sure this game is Widescreen-480P on the Wii. Last time around they added 480p, but with all the action going on, there wasn't much of a difference. They really need widescreen support.

The scan seems to claim over 150 characters, correct? Would that be 150 'new' characters, or simply around 30 new additions to the fighting roster?
PLAY B3YOND.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri May 18, 2007 11:48 pm

Sasuke_Chidori wrote: The scan seems to claim over 150 characters, correct? Would that be 150 'new' characters, or simply around 30 new additions to the fighting roster?

Either way I that is a lot! I can't think of 30 new but reasonable characters they could put in after game number 2 without dipping into GT and Dragonball.
Last edited by NeptuneKai on Sat May 19, 2007 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sat May 19, 2007 12:50 am

....Oh boy... another Sparking! game...
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat May 19, 2007 12:50 am

Another game coming to the Ps2 console, for the love of... I believe I've made my feelings clear numerous times on the matter of the obvious overwhelming amount of constant DBZ games for the Ps2 that seem to milk the same story arcs we all know and have played over and over and over and over with the choice of quantity over quality for fighter treatment (mainly referring to the first 2 Sparking! games). Is that Nail I see, well, it isn't like he wasn't available as an alternate skin for Piccolo in all three Budokai games (though fans of his dub Schemmel voice may be in for a treat). It's nice to see we're getting King Cold and King Vegeta, but realistically, this is just too little too late to catch my genuine interest. I'll obviously buy this when it comes to the States (and we know it will, Atari wouldn't resist a second for their main cash-cow), if anything just so I can say my collection of NA released DBZ PlayStation games is as complete as possible. All though, who knows, maybe this one will be special and actually be the best DBZ game yet; Lord knows SPIKE's had enough practice and other games to compare its own work to. If Budokai 3 can do it, maybe Sparking! Meteor can.

And so it goes on. Image :shock:
14 years later

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat May 19, 2007 1:23 am

Sebastian (SB) wrote:....Oh boy... another Sparking! game...
My exact thoughts. This comes a bit too soon, and looks exactly like Sparking Neo, what if they have "30" more characters, with transformations, it doesn't has to be a lot more >_< Meh, I hope it'll have some creative modes...

Guess "the little birdies' song" weren't right, eh?

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sat May 19, 2007 1:40 am

I for one love the "Sparking!" series. But this might be just an attempt to milk this PS2 for all it's worth. The only saving grace this game would have would be more obscure characters from Dragonball Z, and the addition of more Dragonball and Dragonball GT content. (If King Vegeta and King Cold are any indication, we're in for some goodies!)

If they were smart, they'd take out the story mode we've played through the last two games and replace it with a ton of what-if scenarios, like the one's we all loved in Bukuu Togeki for GBA. Either way this will be a welcome addition to my PS2 collection, and I eagerly await more scans and information!

Maker777
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Maker777 » Sat May 19, 2007 2:08 am

Can't they wait at least a week before releasing more games. I agree Sasuke, More GT characters and the Farmer Guy.
[b]Mr.Pedestrian[/b]
[url=http://www.users.on.net/~mateen/][b]Shnay Krew[/b][/url]
[url=http://mrpedestrian.deviantart.com/][b]DeviArt[/b][/url] || [url=http://www.myspace.com/_1_a][b]MySpace[/b][/url]

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Sat May 19, 2007 2:27 am

I have gotten so sick of playing the sagas over and over and over...

Anything non canon would be awesome. Or at least throw in some mini games, like grow the senzu bean. But to throw the same shit at us with some new fighters just doesn't do it for me.

ngnikolaos
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ngnikolaos » Sat May 19, 2007 2:28 am

Great. Flarking great.

So much for my hopes that we would get a next-gen DBZ game this year. A PS2 / Wii release means we get a 2007-2008 DBZ game with hardware made in 2000. This game will never take advantage of the Wii's power (which is already outdated in PS3 / Xbox 360 standards) which means that *graphically* we get the same game we got two years ago, but with an even bigger character roster. Can't expect anything more music-wise, but perhaps we'll get an even more polished Story mode.

On the bright side, since I never got any of the Tenkaichis (or "Sparking" for the Japanese fanboys) I guess I'll enjoy this game a whole lot more.

Heck, King Cold... what's not to like? As for Nail, he *could* just be an alternate costume for Piccolo ... but I doubt it. He looks like the real deal.

Possible new characters I predict (besides the three on the screenshots): The whole android crew of #13, Cooler's, Badi Bi's and Garlic's henchmen, possibly Dr Wheelo, one or two henchmen for Slug, and King Piccolo with Tamboorine and Cymbal (or Drum).

Still ... I SO wanted this game as a PS3 or even Wii exclusive. Oh well, there's always next year, and the possibility that Super DBZ II is going to be next-gen.

Say, Conan, that Tenkaichi 2 box you have on the down-right corner ... is that the PS2 or Wii version?
"Destiny"... people claim by force what they desire, wreak havoc upon others in order to acquire it... and they call it "destiny".

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sat May 19, 2007 2:54 am

Ah, there it is. The new Sparking game. Would it happen to say a release date in anywhere on that scan? Also, I see King Cold and King Vegeta. What's next? I mean, who else is there?

EDIT: Holy fucking shit. The character count in this game, it's....OVER ONE FIFTY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by fps_anth on Sat May 19, 2007 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat May 19, 2007 2:56 am

ngnikolaos wrote:Say, Conan, that Tenkaichi 2 box you have on the down-right corner ... is that the PS2 or Wii version?
The Ps2 version. I don't yet have a Wii and even when I get one, I won't be getting NEO/BT2's release for it, simply because the NA release offers nothing different or new outside the control configuration. My Budokai, Budokai 2, and Sagas games are also the Ps2 versions.
14 years later

Miesteron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Miesteron » Sat May 19, 2007 3:11 am

King Kold and King Vegeta. Finally, I'll get to lay down some ROYAL ass-kickings. At least 30 new characters? Looks like Dr. Wheelo is a safe bet (finally) and a lot of movie henchmen for padding.