The Inevitable "One Piece Licensed" Discussion

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

The Inevitable "One Piece Licensed" Discussion

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:28 pm

I may as well get it out of the way. All the damn OA people will be scrutinizing my every word in regards to it, so I should just get it out there.

Yes, I'm partially upset that 4Kids got it. Yes, I'm upset that the dub will probably suck. Yes, I was hoping FUNimation would get it, themselves.

No, I'm not concerned about the DVDs. FUNimation is putting out uncut Yu-Gi-Oh!, for Christ's sake... I don't think there'll be an issue with putting out uncut OP. It may be a while, but it'll be out there. I find it really interesting that no-one's made a big deal out of FUNimation putting out Shaman King uncut. You know why?

THERE'S NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT, SINCE IT'S ACTUALLY COMING OUT UNCUT. That's how I feel about OP.

Yes, I'll probably still keep up with whomever steps up to digisub the show. No, I have no idea what Kaizoku's decision will be. They're actually talking about that in their IRC channel, right now. Yes, I'll be buying the DVDs one by one as they come out; OP has been my new DBZ for a few years, now.

I'm not turning my back on the show just because some crappy company got it, and at the same time, I'm not gonna be a fucking asshole about it just beause "poor me" didn't see the company I wanted to get it... get it.

Whatever. I'm putting it out there. Dunno if I'll have anything else to say on the matter; I'm hoping not. Don't ask me any questions, don't e-mail me any questions, and most importantly, I don't give a rat's ass what you think about me, about the show, or about the license.

There are to be no other threads about this matter on this forum. Thank you.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::