Viz Dragon Ball Graphic Novels?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MonsieurMastodon

Viz Dragon Ball Graphic Novels?

Post by MonsieurMastodon » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:12 am

Sorry if this kind of topic has already been created or if it seems like all I do is ask annoying questions, but I have a question about the Viz Dragon Ball Volumes.

Well, seeing how Viz seems to edit almost all of the Manga Titles they own the rights to, I'm wondering whether or not Viz's Dragon Ball Manga is edited. I mean, I'd probably be fine with one or two edits, but if it's a lot different like some of their titles...

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:17 am

Yeah, I was wondering about this too because I've been wanting to start buying them. I looked in a borders in the mall here the other day and I flipped through volume 1 and it appeared unedited. I heard something about volume 3 being edited though? Also, I'm not sure...but I think all of Z might be edited. Does anyone else know?

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:59 am

It depends on what volumes you look at. If you see the older bigger ones with the 13up label on them, unedited. Same for the ones with the old viz olog, not the viz media one. Ironically enough though, it seems the only gns they edit are some of the SJ line, and Zatch Bell.

MonsieurMastodon

Post by MonsieurMastodon » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:22 am

Super Sonic wrote:It depends on what volumes you look at. If you see the older bigger ones with the 13up label on them, unedited. Same for the ones with the old viz olog, not the viz media one. Ironically enough though, it seems the only gns they edit are some of the SJ line, and Zatch Bell.
Well, a few of their other non-Shounen Jump Titles of theirs have had edits in them.

So, those older ones they originally put out were unedted? I'll go look for them and some more info and stuff. Thanks!

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:26 am

Super Sonic wrote:It depends on what volumes you look at. If you see the older bigger ones with the 13up label on them, unedited. Same for the ones with the old viz olog, not the viz media one. Ironically enough though, it seems the only gns they edit are some of the SJ line, and Zatch Bell.
What do the "bigger" ones look like?

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Search Option to the Rescue!

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:51 pm

This thread should clear up most (if not all) Viz DB/Z manga 101 questions.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

MonsieurMastodon

Re: Search Option to the Rescue!

Post by MonsieurMastodon » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:06 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:This thread should clear up most (if not all) Viz DB/Z manga 101 questions.
Oh, thanks. Now it looks like I'll have to look for the early Cat-ish Viz Media Logo Volumes.