Trunks' Death

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gouko_the_Sleeping_Saiyan

Trunks' Death

Post by Gouko_the_Sleeping_Saiyan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:48 pm

When Cell kills Trunks,what otherworld does he Go to? The one from his time or the one from the current timeline.
This has been confusing me for years,somebody help me :lol:

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:13 pm

Well, when Cell died, it was shown (in filler at least) that he went to the one in the timeline that he died in. Even Kaio said that that he should have been with them if he died. (Then again, this is Kaio, the same guy who spends his time on his little planet seeing how far he can piss, so I'm not so sure how reliable he can be.)

So, I guess Trunks went to the "Other World" from the main anime timeline and not his own.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:50 pm

Um... Perfect Cell came from another future timeline, remember, and when he died, he (in filler) went to the same hell that Freeza, Cold and the other 'main series timeline' went. He didn't go to the hell of his future timeline, he went to the hell of the main series. And Kaioh never said he 'should have gone to the hell of his own timeline', he said 'he should have been THERE with them'. Since they DIDN'T see Cell there with them, they got the idea that he didn't die and was somehow still alive, not that 'oh, he must be in his own timeline'.

So the other Trunks that died went to the heaven of his own timeline, duh.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:18 pm

Coola Yagami wrote:Um... Perfect Cell came from another future timeline, remember, and when he died, he (in filler) went to the same hell that Freeza, Cold and the other 'main series timeline' went. He didn't go to the hell of his future timeline, he went to the hell of the main series. And Kaioh never said he 'should have gone to the hell of his own timeline', he said 'he should have been THERE with them'. Since they DIDN'T see Cell there with them, they got the idea that he didn't die and was somehow still alive, not that 'oh, he must be in his own timeline'.
Erm, I think you misunderstood my post, since what you said is well... what *I* said.
Coola Yagami wrote:So the other Trunks that died went to the heaven of his own timeline, duh.
Aren't you contradicting yourself? From what you said in the previous paragraph, Trunks should have went to the heaven of the main timeline just as Cell.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:11 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:
Coola Yagami wrote:Um... Perfect Cell came from another future timeline, remember, and when he died, he (in filler) went to the same hell that Freeza, Cold and the other 'main series timeline' went. He didn't go to the hell of his future timeline, he went to the hell of the main series. And Kaioh never said he 'should have gone to the hell of his own timeline', he said 'he should have been THERE with them'. Since they DIDN'T see Cell there with them, they got the idea that he didn't die and was somehow still alive, not that 'oh, he must be in his own timeline'.
Erm, I think you misunderstood my post, since what you said is well... what *I* said.
Coola Yagami wrote:So the other Trunks that died went to the heaven of his own timeline, duh.
Aren't you contradicting yourself? From what you said in the previous paragraph, Trunks should have went to the heaven of the main timeline just as Cell.
Coola Yagami isn't disagreeing with you, he's making fun of Gouko_the_Sleeping_Saiyan while agreeing with you.

In other words, they're two opposite people. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:49 pm

Ugh, I will never get online sarcasm/humor/mockery... :D

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:15 am

Yeah, exactly. And maybe I didn't phrase the Trunks example right. And the Trunks that was killed by Cell in the alternate timeline would have gone to the heaven of that same alternate timeline cause he was killed in that same alternate timeline. He wasn't killed in the past or anything, he was killed in his own time seconds before he had the chance to use his time machine again.

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:34 am

Yup. It sounds reasonable to go the Heaven of the Timeline you died in. Unless, the Upperworld is really tricky and likes to sort things out...
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:14 pm

Which dead Trunks are we refering to? There's at least two of them.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:58 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote:Which dead Trunks are we refering to? There's at least two of them.
The one who got wished back.
Last edited by Dayspring on Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:23 pm

I believe dead people go to the afterlife of the time line/quandrant that they perish in. Trunks wasn't dead long enough to reach Enma, though.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063