Is there anywhere that I can find Mark Menza music?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Is there anywhere that I can find Mark Menza music?

Post by mystic trunks » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:11 pm

:?:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Is there anywhere that I can find Mark Menza music?

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:38 pm

mystic trunks wrote::?:
Please actually put some content into your posts.

No, Mark Menza has not released any music for purchase.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Super 17
Regular

Post by Super 17 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:07 pm

Hey I was just talking to him for a while now, I gave him a rip hitorijanai bgm, he was going to do re-do it and have the bgm in original form (no sounds or talking), but can you believe he's charging me $1200 to $1500. He's charging me so much because I don't have any rights whatsoever, but if I was rich I would, anyway if you like his bgm from dragon ball gt ( english) just ask him and he might give it to you for free like bruce faulconer.

mark@menzamusic.com

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:39 pm

You can rip some tracks from the DVD. ;)

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:08 pm

I don't know how :cry:

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:04 pm

Super 17 wrote: but can you believe he's charging me $1200 to $1500.
Are you going to pay that?
Are you rich?

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:28 am

hell naw :!:

Super 17
Regular

Post by Super 17 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:36 am

No, I was asking him to rerecord me a bgm from the original japanese bgm, the hitorijanai instrumental bgm, and I gave him a good rip one, and he said it's going to take work to do it that he's chraging me so much money, but Mystic Trunks wants the bgm from the english version, i'm sure if you emailed him he would give you the bgm he compose for free or very cheap ( not japanese).

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:33 pm

You sure he isn't charging you that much to say that he doesn't want to do it?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:48 pm

I find it hard to believe that Mark Menza, an individual responsible for being contracted to provide the music for a legal production of a show that receives wide distribution on both television and home formats... would offer to illegally reproduce a piece of music he does not personally own the license to, and charge money on top of that, just because some fan on the internet asked about it.

Shit, throw a grand at me and I'll play whatever the fuck you want me to play on the keyboard.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Super 17
Regular

Post by Super 17 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:53 pm

It's true though, but damn if I was rich I would pay him to do it, or find a way to find akihito tokunaga and ask him to give it to me and i'll pay him whatever the hell he wants.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:09 pm

If he's charging so much then it was probably an estimate on royalties he'd pay.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:31 pm

Super 17 wrote:It's true though, but damn if I was rich I would pay him to do it, or find a way to find akihito tokunaga and ask him to give it to me and i'll pay him whatever the hell he wants.
No offence, but I find it rather stupid and a waste of money to blow over just one instrumental song.

Super 17
Regular

Post by Super 17 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:34 pm

Yeah I wouldn't pay that much money. I said if I was rich, and when your rich $1200 to $1500 is nothing.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:05 pm

Super 17 wrote:Hey I was just talking to him for a while now, I gave him a rip hitorijanai bgm, he was going to do re-do it and have the bgm in original form (no sounds or talking), but can you believe he's charging me $1200 to $1500. He's charging me so much because I don't have any rights whatsoever, but if I was rich I would, anyway if you like his bgm from dragon ball gt ( english) just ask him and he might give it to you for free like bruce faulconer.

mark@menzamusic.com
Bruce Faulconer seriously gives music away for free? As in unreleased tracks? :D That'd be great... in the Frieza saga (especially in the Spirit Bomb episodes) he used a different theme for the ending of the episodes (the part where the narrator says "stay tuned for scenes from the next episode of dragonball z" :p I gotta try that!

Arcwave
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arcwave » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:18 pm

worldmonsters wrote:
Bruce Faulconer seriously gives music away for free? As in unreleased tracks? :D That'd be great... in the Freeza saga (especially in the Spirit Bomb episodes) he used a different theme for the ending of the episodes (the part where the narrator says "stay tuned for scenes from the next episode of dragonball z" :p I gotta try that!
Huh?! No way. I've run Bruce quite a few emails in the past and he would never release his music for free. First of all, none of it is his; he may have composed it, but FUNimation owns all the rights to his music written for Dragon Ball Z (this is where his contract came in). If FUNi found out he was doing that, he could get in massive trouble regardless of it being his own work.

And on the Mark Menza topic... are you sure about that? I'm going to email him for validation. I've talked with Menza before, and yes he is an extremely nice person, but what Super 17 is saying seems almost unrealistic especially if he's charging money. Remember, it's the same deal as Faulconer, Menza does not own the rights to that music to hand it out to people. It's illegal.

But who knows, maybe Menza (along with FUNi), will release a soundtrack in the future... although it's highly unlikely.

/j
Jesse
tricofilms.com

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:25 am

But who knows, maybe Menza (along with FUNi), will release a soundtrack in the future... although it's highly unlikely.
My friend, you have now given me something to hope for. Thank you.
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Arcwave wrote:
worldmonsters wrote:
Bruce Faulconer seriously gives music away for free? As in unreleased tracks? :D That'd be great... in the Freeza saga (especially in the Spirit Bomb episodes) he used a different theme for the ending of the episodes (the part where the narrator says "stay tuned for scenes from the next episode of dragonball z" :p I gotta try that!
Huh?! No way. I've run Bruce quite a few emails in the past and he would never release his music for free. First of all, none of it is his; he may have composed it, but FUNimation owns all the rights to his music written for Dragon Ball Z (this is where his contract came in). If FUNi found out he was doing that, he could get in massive trouble regardless of it being his own work.

And on the Mark Menza topic... are you sure about that? I'm going to email him for validation. I've talked with Menza before, and yes he is an extremely nice person, but what Super 17 is saying seems almost unrealistic especially if he's charging money. Remember, it's the same deal as Faulconer, Menza does not own the rights to that music to hand it out to people. It's illegal.

/j
Unfortunately I tried anyway :p you never know :p

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:26 pm

Mark Menza's music = terribly dull.