"Rumor Guide" - New Topics

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:52 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:Hi Miztic Gohan, it's nice to see you trying to contribute right off the bat. 8) However, I've never heard the rumor of Fat Boo being stronger than Kid Boo, since their's tons of evidence to the contrary that if someone actuallly believed that here, they'd be set straight.
Sadly, it's true that most people think that Fat Buu is stronger than Kid Buu. Their primary reasoning is that Kid Buu has no one absorbed to give him more power.... Let's see if I an remember their explanation correctly...

Kid Buu (8) absorbs that one Kai(6) and becomes Buff Buu(14) and then absrobs Dai Kaioshin(4) to a recese effect becoming Fat Buu (10) so Fat Buu is stronger...

But, wans't Dai Kaioshin the Strongest of the Kais?

EDIT: I found one of the threads where they actually make this claim now:
Gamefaqs poster wrote:Nevertheless, it is an incorrect theory.

Goku is scared of Super Buu. He's willing to fuse to fight Super Buu. With Mr. Satan PERMANENTLY, at that. He's so scared he would never fight Super Buu in a fight without Fusion.

Goku on the other hand, was positive that if he was able to reach FPSSJ3, he would beat Kid Buu. Goku is unsure whether or not he could beat Fat Buu at FPSSJ3.

Therefore, Super Buu >>> Fat Buu >>> Kid Buu.

One of the Kaioshins made him weak, the other made him much stronger. The Kaioshin that made him weak can't have made him any weaker than he originally was, because think about it this way.

South Kaioshin (strongest Kaioshin)=4
Dai Kaioshin (Kaioshin that made Buu Weak)=2
Kid Buu=5

Kid Buu+South Kaioshin=Buff Buu (9)

Buff Buu-Dai Kaioshin(made him weaker)=Fat Buu (7)

Either way, Fat Buu >>> Kid Buu.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Miztic Gohan

Post by Miztic Gohan » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:16 am

That's exactly what they say. Dai Kaioshin isn't the strongest Kaioshin alive. It was stated that South Kaioshin was the strongest of the Kaioshins. But that is only indirect evidence of proving Fat Buu being stronger than Kid Buu. There is no evidence saying that Fat Buu is stronger than Kid Buu. That is what I was hoping to get an answer to because I honestly believe Kid Buu is stronger than Fat Buu, no competition. But there isn't any solid proof.
"Fight you? No. I am going to kill you." ~Mystic Gohan

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:04 am

Looks to me like that Gamesfaqs guy veered towards the answer, but then went off on a silly tangent. I always thought that absorbtion of the Dai Kaioshin made Kid Buu much weaker, as Dai Kaioshin's kindly nature "held Buu back" so to speak. In fact it's even stated in Episode 262 after the flashback explaning Fat Buu's origins.
Dai Kaioshin wrote:Now I finally get it. Yes, they weakened him. Yes, when he absorbed the kais. Of course, it brought his power down. I thought the opposite was true?
Kibitokai wrote:Exactly. This Buu (Kid Buu) is even ore powerful, and without the influence of the Kai's goodness inside of him he's evil. Pure, unrestrained evil.
That's from the english dub. Does it go along those lines in the original, does anyone know?
Treading the thin line between insanity and genius

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:52 pm

SSJHitch wrote:That's from the english dub. Does it go along those lines in the original, does anyone know?
I was asked a similar question a while back, so I just so happen to have a translation from the manga handy:
Kibitoshin wrote:In my era, there were 5 Kaiôshin... Until Majin Buu, created by the wizard Bibidi, defeated them... I was the youngest and weakest, but with only a large wound, I somehow survived... But four were done in by Buu's hand... First, two were killed... the Northern Kaiôshin and the Western Kaiôshin... And then the biggest and strongest, the Southern Kaiôshin... was somehow absorbed by Buu...
Old Kaiôshin wrote:And he turned into that big Majin Buu from a while ago?
Kibitoshin wrote:Yes... The next one to be absorbed was the fat but kindly and gentle Dai Kaiôshin... Bibidi's creation Majin Buu was evil, and was a failure unable to be managed by even him [Bibidi], but by absorbing the Dai Kaiôshin, it somehow became possible to control...
Old Kaiôshin wrote:So it's finally complete... That is to say... this one... that small Majin Buu... is the original... and most troublesome one...
Kibitoshin wrote:...Yes... His heart/mind has again returned to the one he had before his power decreased as a consequence of the absorption... He is completely without self-restraint... in his existence as an evil being...
That should help settle things some, methinks. 8)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:11 pm

We make a good team! You should come work for me, I pay better and there are girls at my office with huge...*hears VegettoEX coming*.........oops.......

*wispers* We'll talk. I'll have my people call your people. :P

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:22 pm

I know your people. I don't think they know how to use their phones...

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:04 pm

In your "Rumors" section (the Character portion, to be precise), you listed the rumor that Mystic Gohan going Super Saiyan would blow up the world. This is false obviously, because Gohan later goes Super Saiyan in DBGT (not that that actually means anything). Back in the day (the day being four or five years ago), I was obsessed with DBZ power levels. Why? I'm a numbers guy and I like to keep lists.

I have probably looked at every unique list of power levels on the net, and I remember one specifically. It was easily the most analytical, math-based list ever made. The one problem: The man screws up all the levels in the Saiyan/Frieza saga, and thus throws his calculations off through the rest of the series. It's tragic, really. It could have been the best ever. Anyway, he would list a saiyan's base power, then multiply and such to get Super Saiyan power levels and the like. This is, sadly, the wrong way to go about it, as Vegeta says in the Android Saga that math can't be used to calculate Super Saiyan power levels. He also gave detailed analyses on just about every one of them.

When he got into the late Buu saga, he must have hit a brick wall with Mystic Gohan. He listed Mystic Gohan's power level as about equal to Buu's (or somewhere around there, I obviously can't remember it). This, he exclaimed, was his base power! He was puzzled at this, because Gohan going Super Saiyan 2 (as he was capable of) would make him stronger than Vegito!! Of course, this would be using his incorrect calculations. He must have come to the conclusion that such a high power level would be using too much energy in one form or another, and that's why he didn't transform. The words he used probably sparked the rumor, for he said, rather flippantly, "I guess it would blow up the world or something." By the context, you could see that was a sarcastic remark, not meant to be taken seriously. Yet, lo and behold...

There you have it. I would really love to give you an address, but I've lost the site and haven't been able to find it for some time now. Perhaps someone on this board can help me find it.

The main page has a black background and a large image on top that shows various manga panels with characters wearing scouters. He had a hit counter that made a joke about starving African children (yes, I know it's tasteless). Under that, he also says it's incorrect. At the bottom was a transforming black-and-white sketch of Vegeta going Super Saiyan that will let you e-mail him if you click on it. To the left he has the sagas organized as such:

Saiyan/Freeza saga
Android/Cell saga
Buu saga

The lists themselves have a black background with the texts placed on mini-backgrounds of yellow, red, purple, or blue color. The mini-backgrounds change whenever he goes to a new "section" of the saga. The list breaks off VERY often to give way to his analyses.

It is also a relatively old site with it's last update being in 1999.

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:52 am

I just noticed something in the Dub Mistakes section of the Rumor Guide. You've said that Goku usuing his own spaceship to go to Planet Namek is false, but Goku says this in DBZ Chapter 57:
I had Bulma's dad go look for it. My brother's had exploded, but mine was an older model so it was safe! I had him fix it up!
Doesn't that mean Goku used his own spaceship? Or I am reading it wrong/it's been translated a bit wrong?

Ryu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ryu » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:19 am

Since we're posting pretty weird things, how about this?

I know this is pretty far fetched, but I have seen people argue that Kid Buu is weaker than that Evil Thin/Stick Buu (or whatever you want to call him). They argue that in the manga Mr Buu was able to get a hit on Kid Buu but was unable to hurt or hit Evil Thin Buu.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:10 pm

SSJHitch wrote:I just noticed something in the Dub Mistakes section of the Rumor Guide. You've said that Goku usuing his own spaceship to go to Planet Namek is false, but Goku says this in DBZ Chapter 57:
I had Bulma's dad go look for it. My brother's had exploded, but mine was an older model so it was safe! I had him fix it up!
Doesn't that mean Goku used his own spaceship? Or I am reading it wrong/it's been translated a bit wrong?
We're working on it, actually. I'm pretty sure that Mike was just barking up the wrong tree (or maybe the anime simply has a different explanation, due to the filler of his ship blowing up?). Here's my translation of the line in question:
DB Kanzenban vol. 17, Chapter 250, Page 160; Goku wrote:My brother's blew itself to bits, but mine was an older model, so he brought it back, no problem! He [Dr. Brief] fixed it up and remodeled it for me!
So, yeah... we're gonna do some correctionin' on this one. Help from anyone who knows what the anime says here (either conforming with or in contrast to the manga) would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by SaiyaJedi on Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:19 pm

On the "Mystic Gohan" thing...

I'm not really a great translator, but when I read tankoubon Vol. 41, during the part after Son Gohan's power up, I read something along the lines of the old Kaioushin saying Gohan just had to power up, like going Super Saiyan. Remember, after the power up, Gohan had to ask how to access that power. So, the Mystic powerup is like a whole new level of power, beyond Super Saiyan. Let me explain.

The Super Saiyan state is when a Saiyan is tapping into power only accessible by rage. Then the Mystic power up is a whole new level, past Super Saiyan. Basically, Gohan wouldn't need to go Super Saiyan. When Boo first came out of the eggthing, Super Saiyan Gohan was no match. Then after he powered up to the "Mystic" thing, he was more than a match for Super Boo.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:37 am

Well, the search continues for that power levels site. You know, the one I am positive is the origin of the "SS Mystic Gohan blows up world" myth. Like I said, it was last updated in September 1999 (I have VERY good photographic memory), and the last time I viewed it was in late 2001, so it is probably gone by now :( .

Anyway, on to something else. I found a (relatively few) number of websites in ages past that claimed that DBGT was simply released in the reversed order of DB and DBZ. More clearly, I mean that the anime was released and followed by a manga series. I have never heard this from "mainstream" sites, so it is probably false, but I thought it was still worth mentioning. As relatively unsuccessful as the series was, I doubt they would have taken the trouble to make a manga.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:27 pm

You're actually half right Johnnyboy; GT did have a manga release; but the panels were just screen shots from the television show, like the movie Tankoubon.

UPDATE: Thought up more dub mistakes that could possibly go into the rumor guide.

According to an official timeline, GT is supposed to begin 5 years after the end of DBZ. However Funimations own website claims that it was 10 years (The anime doesn't say either way, dub or sub)

Next; in the Kid Buu saga, the dub inserted a line in North Kaio-sama's conversation with the West Kaio, claiming that the West Kaio had once fought Majin Boo. I can't even begin to describe how ridiculous that is.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:08 pm

I know already had the last post, but I think a new good idea would warrant a double post. n_n;

How about a "Dr. Gero's first name isn't Maki" entry, right next to the "Lunch's name isn't Kushami". I think this weird "Maki" business is confusing a lot of people...

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:02 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:How about a "Dr. Gero's first name isn't Maki" entry, right next to the "Lunch's name isn't Kushami". I think this weird "Maki" business is confusing a lot of people...
I've been kind of wondering how that idea came to be, anyway... I had a sneaking suspicion it was from the Spanish dub... but can someone who speaks Spanish tell me if "maquigero" (or some similarly-pronounced word) means anything? :?

WhatTheDarn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhatTheDarn » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:29 pm

I've got one. In one of those "UlTimAte DBZ Guides taht r perfect!11!1" books, it says that Chaotzu is killed by Tao in the 23rd Budokai. I've seen this spread to the internet. You guys should prove this false in the Rumors section as soon as possible, or more people may start believing it.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:15 pm

Sorry for, uh, the necroposting. Sorta, kinda, I guess.

Anyway, a nice little rumour for the bottle..

''Yamcha knows the Genki Dama.''

I think at least one site on the web should have this silly ''Spirit Bomb'' thing cleared up. I still actually meet dub-watchers who claim Yamcha also knows the attack, and it annoys me to no end.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:28 pm

Dai wrote:''Yamcha knows the Genki Dama.''

I think at least one site on the web should have this silly ''Spirit Bomb'' thing cleared up. I still actually meet dub-watchers who claim Yamcha also knows the attack, and it annoys me to no end.
Shit, you're right. I can't quite call it a dub mistake because Yamcha's actually saying "Spirit Ball" and not "Spirit Bomb," but it's pretty close, and understandable why fans confuse what they hear. Under regular "Characters" it goes, I guess!

I'll add that soon. Thanks! And there can be no necroposting in this thread... it's specifically set up and stuck up top so anyone can respond whenever, and it's linked right off the site... it doesn't matter when the last post was.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:18 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Dai wrote:''Yamcha knows the Genki Dama.''

Shit, you're right. I can't quite call it a dub mistake because Yamcha's actually saying "Spirit Ball" and not "Spirit Bomb," but it's pretty close, and understandable why fans confuse what they hear. Under regular "Characters" it goes, I guess!

I'll add that soon. Thanks! And there can be no necroposting in this thread... it's specifically set up and stuck up top so anyone can respond whenever, and it's linked right off the site... it doesn't matter when the last post was.
Lemme just add that "Soukidan" means "Spinning Ki Bullet," and--

Wait, what am I doing? I'll just add it to the page myself... 8)

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:25 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:Lemme just add that "Soukidan" means "Spinning Ki Bullet," and--

Wait, what am I doing? I'll just add it to the page myself... 8)
Yeah, I checked on AIM for ya' earlier to ask you if you could gimme the meaning of the words, but you weren't on, and I figured you'd think the same exact thing as me, and eventually add it yourself... so...

And this is why Julian is perfect for me. *swoon*

(Note that I changed a word here and there to get the formatting with the paragraphs and the image all natural, again.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::