Episode #0085 (08 July 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:39 pm

I think you're both confusing each other a little bit. veshira's talking about our promo DVD and a hidden extra that's on it :).

And yes, I'm a horribly evil person and made them all hidden buttons that you must search around for until the end of time... :P
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:45 pm

Any plans to attend an upcoming convention in...oh..perhaps, Toronto sometime in August or September?
The world is your's.

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:48 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I think you're both confusing each other a little bit. veshira's talking about our promo DVD and a hidden extra that's on it :).

And yes, I'm a horribly evil person and made them all hidden buttons that you must search around for until the end of time... :P
Ah, thank you. And yes, you're evil. I didn't expect to see Kobayashi and Robot Chicken, or the openings to the games, and hidden AMVs. I'm pretty sure I've never seen your Broli video before, either. I jumped when it came on. :shock:

It's a good DVD. ^^

EDIT: Oh, I should probably say why I jumped at the Broli video. The music caught me off-guard. :D
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:28 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Hey, folks...
-rest of post-

Like I said, I would *expect* you all to know all of the answers... but this panel *wasn't directly for you*... please keep that in mind.
It's easy to forget this kind of stuff when you don't associate that much out of your fandom. I mean, my brother doesn't watch any of the Japanese stuff, or care for any of the music, and he thinks I'm gay because I do. So it's sorta weird to touch with the other side of the fandom.

My comment for the guy that said he watches DragonBall AF stands as is, though. Guy's an ass for trying to lie to you guys and all of those in the panel, and it was hilarious.

He was probably there to ask you for your Makafushigi Adobenchâ single.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:49 pm

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Hey, folks...
-rest of post-

Like I said, I would *expect* you all to know all of the answers... but this panel *wasn't directly for you*... please keep that in mind.
It's easy to forget this kind of stuff when you don't associate that much out of your fandom. I mean, my brother doesn't watch any of the Japanese stuff, or care for any of the music, and he thinks I'm gay because I do. So it's sorta weird to touch with the other side of the fandom.

My comment for the guy that said he watches DragonBall AF stands as is, though. Guy's an ass for trying to lie to you guys and all of those in the panel, and it was hilarious.

He was probably there to ask you for your Makafushigi Adobenchâ single.

Maybe I wasn't listening close enough, but did he really say he watches AF? I thought he was talking about reading the doujinshi that we have a thread for here. And lol to that last remark.

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:16 pm

SonEric84 wrote:Maybe I wasn't listening close enough, but did he really say he watches AF? I thought he was talking about reading the doujinshi that we have a thread for here. And lol to that last remark.
That's what I assumed at the panel, but when I listened to the podcast he said he watched it with subs. Definitely meant the "anime". :D

Wow, it didn't occur to me he could be lying. I thought maybe he was mistaken. :shock: I'm so slow.

Random: I've decided to cosplay as StarSailorUranus at either/both MangaNEXT 2007 or AnimeNEXT 2008. I'm only 5'1", though, so I guess I'll be a chibi Uranus, since she's 5'10" or something. ^^;

Question: Hey, is it true if you get on staff, they'll pay for your room? Cause I'll try to get on staff for MangaNEXT if that's true. (That's assuming MangaNEXT is the same as AnimeNEXT. ^^; )
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:28 pm

lol, Uranus.

The joke costumes I could make...

...Oh, ummm... sorry. Back to talking 'bout the podcast.

Actually, I kinda like these contestants. They remind me of myself, in my youth. Ah, the good old days.

Not like you kids nowadays with your fandubs and your DragonBoxes and your Sparking! METEORs and your hula hoops and your hopscotch and your walkmans and your world wide webs and your illegitimate offspring and your card games and your Nintendo DSes and your digital clocks and your AVISnyths and your central air conditioning and your stadium seating and your Blu-Rays and your artificial inseminations and your gel pens and your Shonen Jumps and your indoor plumbing...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:26 pm

tinlunlau wrote:Any plans to attend an upcoming convention in...oh..perhaps, Toronto sometime in August or September?
Wouldn't that be a dream come true...talking to the DaizEX crew at a Toronto anime con :P

As for the DBAF guy, I thought he was referring to that Doujinshi by Toyble. Guess not.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:51 pm

Hey when that kid asked "Why Ginyu Force, what has milk ever done to anyone?". Is the whole joke about the dairy product thing about dairy products gone bad or no?

Dogasu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dogasu » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:47 am

I noticed that quite a few of the contestants had trouble with how Japanese-centered everything was. The ones who had only watched the dub basically missed half the questions because they would have no reason to follow up with Japan-only video game releases and the like...maybe in the future, it would be better to take that into consideration to avoid alienating fans who, quite frankly, are the majority in the U.S.?

Speaking of Japan-only releases...I remember hearing in one of the podcasts that Battle Stadium D.O.N. wasn't that great a game, but I don't remember ever hearing a full-on review for the game. Are there any plans to do a review in a future episode? If not, can you elaborate about why the game isn't all that great?
Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on June 9th, 2022

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:57 am

Dogasu wrote:I noticed that quite a few of the contestants had trouble with how Japanese-centered everything was. The ones who had only watched the dub basically missed half the questions because they would have no reason to follow up with Japan-only video game releases and the like...maybe in the future, it would be better to take that into consideration to avoid alienating fans who, quite frankly, are the majority in the U.S.?
That's the thing... most of the questions *weren't* Japanese-centric, and it was entirely deliberate. Also, for those that weren't at the con, there were still a bunch of questions left up on the board. Looking over the full list of questions, there's actually nothing that's straight-up "If you don't watch the Japanese version, you can't know the answer". No matter which version you watch(ed), Gohan still kills 8 Cell Jrs. in the TV series, Cell still first showed up in Gingertown, Mr. Satan still doesn't die, Cargo's still killed by two different people, etc. The video game questions cross the ocean, but that's the inherent nature of most of the video games being made in the Japan, and some simply not coming out here (and even then, their relative placement to North America was mentioned IN the question). Even if you're a strictly-dub fan, things like the show's author, when it started, what it's based on, etc. are common-knowledge Q&As. *You* (general "you") may not know the answer, but any ol' fan could answer them, irrelevant of their preferred watching-language.
Dogasu wrote:Speaking of Japan-only releases...I remember hearing in one of the podcasts that Battle Stadium D.O.N. wasn't that great a game, but I don't remember ever hearing a full-on review for the game. Are there any plans to do a review in a future episode? If not, can you elaborate about why the game isn't all that great?
Yeah, we did a full review. Episode #0039.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:02 am

VegettoEX wrote:Real quick, though, here are the actual videos we played
Thank you!

:cry: ... Turns out the GT Special DVD prize is defective. Nothing plays it and it looks like acid fell on it or something, which is weird because it was in plastic and everything when I got it. Funimation ripped you guys off!

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:38 am

Battle Stadium D.O.N. was like a poor man's Super Smash Brothers.
The world is your's.

kinoko
Beyond Newbie

Post by kinoko » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:59 pm

QuantumDestiny wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Real quick, though, here are the actual videos we played
Thank you!

:cry: ... Turns out the GT Special DVD prize is defective. Nothing plays it and it looks like acid fell on it or something, which is weird because it was in plastic and everything when I got it. Funimation ripped you guys off!
Just kidding! You beat me to it (you'll understand when you read my LJ comment to your AN post). :DD

Just like you, I loved the AMV Panel. It was extremely helpful. ^^ I might actually try making one, one of these days...!
The Resident Tenshinhan Fangirl.

Dogasu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dogasu » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:45 pm

VegettoEX wrote:That's the thing... most of the questions *weren't* Japanese-centric, and it was entirely deliberate.
Personally, I think the questions were fine (even if the Porunga one was kind of mean :D). However, when it came to the Japanese video game stuff, I got the feeling that the contestants were getting annoyed with how Japan-centric the questions were. Of course, I wasn't there to see their reactions for myself (they could have been perfectly cool with it), but I got this distinct "WTF??" feeling during the questions about D.O.N. and the Playdia games. Y'know, things the average fan in North America has no reason to know anything about.
Yeah, we did a full review. Episode #0039.

Thanks! I'll check it out!
Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on June 9th, 2022

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:56 am

Dogasu wrote:Y'know, things the average fan in North America has no reason to know anything about.
My only response to that is that everyone there knew about DragonBall Online, which has absolutely nothing to do with the American audience and fans.

Overall, people seemed to enjoy the questions. I don't know 100% because I couldn't see every single person's face, but it's the vibe I got. Besides, they actually *got* the Legends question, so that also helps my case :P.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:05 pm

Battle Stadium D.O.N. was like a poor man's Super Smash Brothers
What?! No it wasn't. D.O.N cost much more then Smash Bros. Especially since you have to import it.

gotenks8
Banned

futerama

Post by gotenks8 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:02 pm

You guys are always making futerama refrences.Do you watch it on adult swim

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:45 pm

Gotenks, you MIGHT wanna read this.

gotenks8
Banned

Post by gotenks8 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:02 pm