Another Dragon Ball reference in Naruto?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Drunken Master
Regular

Another Dragon Ball reference in Naruto?

Post by Drunken Master » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:16 pm

Okay, I used to read Naruto back in the day, when it wasn't so overrated, and for some reason, I was the only person on NarutoFan to find Choutzu in one of the chapters. (Kids these days don't know about the classics I guess) I used to have a scan of it, but it's Choutzu's face as a mask Naruto could have won. It was a cool find. So now, I have one word. Inoshikachou. It was that pig thing that was with Tenshinhan and Choutzu before the 22nd tournament. Now in Naruto, there's a ninja group with three members...Ino, Shikamaru, and Chouji. And they have a battle formation called Inoshikachou, and are referred as a group by that name too. Just a coincidence?

Also, Sakura calls Ino, Ino-pig. Is Inoshikachou a legend most people now over there? Like...a pig demon or something?
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:23 pm

I don't think it's a legend, but it is a term well-known outside of DB. Apparently it originates as a Hanafuda card combo.

The term is a combination of inoshishi (boar; "Ino-pig" is probably just a play on that), shika (deer), and chou (butterfly). As far as I can tell, the creature is unique to DB, though. It's a combination of those three animals: boar body, butterfly wings, and deer antlers.

Edit: WTF, "butterfly ears"? I don't know what I was smoking.
Last edited by TripleRach on Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Rachel

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:45 am

I'd completely forgotten about Tenshinhan's pig! That's some interesting information.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:10 am

Chuquita wrote:I'd completely forgotten about Tenshinhan's pig! That's some interesting information.
He was like the Pokemon of DragonBall. :P
14 years later

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:21 am

Conan the SSJ wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'd completely forgotten about Tenshinhan's pig! That's some interesting information.
He was like the Pokemon of DragonBall. :P

*Gets the mental image of Tenshinhan dressed as a pokemon trainer* XD
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!