Will the FUNi season sets have Faulconer's music?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegetasan

Will the FUNi season sets have Faulconer's music?

Post by Vegetasan » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:21 pm

I know the FUNi season sets aren't exactly the most popular thing around these parts, but I'm a huge fan of Faulconer's music... And that's really the issue that will decide for me whether or not I buy these season sets. If they opted to replace his music with someone new, I won't be touching these sets at all.

So yeah.. Does anyone know if the season sets will feature Faulconer's music? Or is there a possibility that they hired someone new (and certainly inferior) to re-score the series?

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:09 pm

I don't see any reason why the sets wouldn't have Falconer's music in the "TV Broadcast"-track. The first set and the majority of the second set didn't, but that's just because they used another (really bad) composer for the redub of those episodes. I'm sure someone with the season 2-set can confirm this, as the Ginyu-episodes are also included on that set, and those SHOULD have Bruce Falconer's music in the dub.

Vegetasan

Post by Vegetasan » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:45 pm

My understanding was that Faulconer didn't come aboard until somewhere in the Frieza saga? I could be mistaken..

In any case, I'm so tempted to run out to wal-mart right now and buy season one. But if the guy that re-scored season one and season two was hired to re-score the entire series, that's something I need to know before I make these purchases.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:00 pm

Like the second half of season two is where Falconer's music picks back up, so it should still be around for season three onward.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:34 am

In the Season Two set, Faulconer's music resumes on Disc 5, Episode 68 of the TV Broadcast Track. It will continue into the remaining seven box sets to fill out the rest of the series.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Vegetasan

Post by Vegetasan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:58 am

Awesome.. Thanks for your input guys. I'm soooo glad to hear that. Now I can go ahead and buy these sets with confidence.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:28 pm

It's in the Season 2 set? I am so relieved to hear that, as I was hoping to hear Faulconer's music in the scene where Goku transforms into SSJ3 for the first time. :D The other music would've ruined such a perfect scene.
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Cosmodious

Post by Cosmodious » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:57 pm

Wow, that's an interesting coincidence. Earlier I was considering buying the Dragon ball Z sound tracks. But I didn't know whether to buy the Faulconer music or to look for the other music and stuff.

So is that music good? Is it worth buying?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:44 pm

Cosmodious: There's a reason your avatars keep getting deleted. They exceed the maximum pixel size. Nothing bigger than 80x80 pixels is allowed on this forum. Thanks.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:02 pm

Cosmodius wrote:Wow, that's an interesting coincidence. Earlier I was considering buying the Dragon ball Z sound tracks. But I didn't know whether to buy the Faulconer music or to look for the other music and stuff.

So is that music good? Is it worth buying?
Ultimately, that would depend on what kind of DragonBall fan you are. The Faulconer soundtracks come directly from the American dub, so if you grew into DBZ through the dub and recall the score as something catchy, then it might be worth it to pick up at least one volume . . . because yeah, there are a number of genuinely good tracks that even fans of the original music have been known to like, and Faulconer's work on the Z series has given him something of a cult following over the years.

Speaking for the other side of the coin, though, there's a reason why DragonBall Z's ORIGINAL soundtrack keeps such a devoted, much larger following and has sold well in so many different countries across the globe, and that's simply because it kicks major ass. While Faulconer's instrumentals certainly have their moments, the general concensus you're going to find around here (if it's advice you are indeed looking for, a'course) is that Shunsuke Kikuchi's score simply cannot be replaced. Very rare is the fan who grew up with the original music someone who switches over to the Faulconer stuff and stays there.

But really, it all boils down to preference.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:59 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:It's in the Season 2 set? I am so relieved to hear that, as I was hoping to hear Faulconer's music in the scene where Goku transforms into SSJ3 for the first time. :D The other music would've ruined such a perfect scene.
The music's not bad, but see the quote in my sig for why I find it unappealing to view.

Cosmodious

Post by Cosmodious » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:00 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:Cosmodious: There's a reason your avatars keep getting deleted. They exceed the maximum pixel size. Nothing bigger than 80x80 pixels is allowed on this forum. Thanks.
Actually this is the first one that has been deleted, I just changed the SSJ4 Vegeta one to the other one. But thanks for the heads up.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:37 pm

Cosmodious wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote:Cosmodious: There's a reason your avatars keep getting deleted. They exceed the maximum pixel size. Nothing bigger than 80x80 pixels is allowed on this forum. Thanks.
Actually this is the first one that has been deleted, I just changed the SSJ4 Vegeta one to the other one. But thanks for the heads up.
Oops! My bad. ^^; Sorry about that.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."