Episode #0091 (26 August 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:01 pm

No because he's tied to each and everyone on the DBs, and unlike Shen Long he doesn't need to be summoned. Not to mention he can obviously travel freely from the DBs as there weren't any around at the end of ep 64, ie if someone has a DB he most likely knows and can feel it, which is probaly why he appeared before Goku.Jr when he tried to use it.

So basicly Goku has close ties to the DB and is also probaly looking over Goku.Jr as well.

The only way we'd know the actual "correct" answer to all this is if TOEI made a continuation to GT, or made some official statement about it.
I see what you're saying. But I still feel it's too random and him still being one with the DB's seems without much basis to it. But I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:50 pm

I won't go in on the whole 'what happened in the end' thing because to be honest.. I (we) don't know. It may have been the intention of Akira (with Toei in GT) to end the series with these kind of mysteries and you may not like it when your a child but when your older and still watch DB series it gives a magical feeling. Also, when I was listening to this episode I hear VegettoEX desperately searching for a word to describe what goku has become when we see him in the ending of the tv special. And I think the word he wanted to use was the one Gohan used to explain to Goten what kind of a person their dad is (in the dub).

Goten: "Gohan.. whats my dad like?"
Gohan: "He is like an angel Goten."
Goten: "Whats an angel like ?"
Gohan: "I don't know, I just know that when they are around you feel happy inside."

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:49 pm

Son Wukong wrote:I won't go in on the whole 'what happened in the end' thing because to be honest.. I (we) don't know. It may have been the intention of Akira (with Toei in GT) to end the series with these kind of mysteries and you may not like it when your a child but when your older and still watch DB series it gives a magical feeling. Also, when I was listening to this episode I hear VegettoEX desperately searching for a word to describe what goku has become when we see him in the ending of the tv special. And I think the word he wanted to use was the one Gohan used to explain to Goten what kind of a person their dad is (in the dub).
First and foremost we don't use Toriyama's first name only here. In fact there is a rule against using the name "Akira" only. The idea of the podcast is not to tell you what to believe but to show you what other people think. We also capitalize names here and that would mean that Goku would have a uppercase G at the begining of his name.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:31 pm

Bardock the Mexican wrote:In fact there is a rule against using the name "Akira" only.
No there isn't.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::