Andriod/Cyborg 17 & 18 Question

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Andriod/Cyborg 17 & 18 Question

Post by Anonymous Friend » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:37 pm

After Buu killed everyone and they were brought back to life, were they brought back in their previous forms or brought back as full humans?

I don't think there's enough concrete evidence for either way, so I'm open to speculation and hypothesizing.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:31 pm

Hmm . . . I doubt it. If Shen Long confessed himself unable to make 17 and 18 fully human in the first place (as wished for by Kuririn at the conclusion of the Cell Games), then I doubt Porunga, who while somewhat more powerful than Shen Long is still a far cry from affecting anything at the Artificial Humans' level, would have had it in his ability to resurrect them as fully human some seven years later. He probably just restored them as they were before Majin Boo had killed them.

Just my take.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:58 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:He probably just restored them as they were before Majin Boo had killed them.
Although, that would explain why #17 suddenly had ki in GT...

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:20 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:He probably just restored them as they were before Majin Boo had killed them.
But still not why Gero and Myuu's "#17 2.0" did.

Ow, GT hurts.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Furu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Furu » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:02 am

The great catch-alls of the Dragonball franchise:

"Toriyama forgot"

"It was filler"

"GT sucks"
Hey, I entirely forgot I had an account here. AGAIN.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:51 am

Rocketman wrote:
And in Buu saga. If the androids ki cannot be sensed, it's not real ki that can be used, I believe. But the androids contributed with their ki anyways when Goku formed a genki-dama...

Furu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Furu » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:37 am

Godo wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
And in Buu saga. If the androids ki cannot be sensed, it's not real ki that can be used, I believe. But the androids contributed with their ki anyways when Goku formed a genki-dama...
Maybe they didn't really and just liked to feel like they helped.
Hey, I entirely forgot I had an account here. AGAIN.

Shenron
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shenron » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:14 am

Wait a minute, we know for sure that #19 and #20 have no ki, but is it stated in the manga concerning #17 and #18 ? I'm not sure...

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:05 am

Shenron wrote:Wait a minute, we know for sure that #19 and #20 have no ki, but is it stated in the manga concerning #17 and #18 ? I'm not sure...
At the very least, Cell confirms it while #17 and Piccolo are fighting.

"That Ki...it's Piccolo! There's no one he'd use his full power against except the Artificial Humans!"

Then he takes off like a bat outta hell to absorb them.

Also, it's not like #18 was suppressing her Ki when she was hiding on the islands.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:43 am

Godo wrote: And in Buu saga. If the androids ki cannot be sensed, it's not real ki that can be used, I believe. But the androids contributed with their ki anyways when Goku formed a genki-dama...
They're still mostly human. Even if their super, high-level battle energy is artificial, they probably still have basic, nothing-special human-level ki. Really weak, but enough to contribute a little bit to the Spirit Bomb.
deviantART
[thread]

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:44 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:They're still mostly human. Even if their super, high-level battle energy is artificial, they probably still have basic, nothing-special human-level ki. Really weak, but enough to contribute a little bit to the Spirit Bomb.
That should o for Gero too, but Vegeta couldn't sense him when he was hanging directly above his head.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:04 pm

Tyro wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:They're still mostly human. Even if their super, high-level battle energy is artificial, they probably still have basic, nothing-special human-level ki. Really weak, but enough to contribute a little bit to the Spirit Bomb.
That should go for Gero too, but Vegeta couldn't sense him when he was hanging directly above his head.
I personally think Gero was just his original brain with a mechanical body (Wheelo 2.0, eh?), so he might not even have basic human-level ki. 17 and 18, however, were still mostly human. If they could be sensed at all, then they'd probably be indistinguishable from every other human on the planet.

Plus, who knows... if Gero was enough of a genius to create such a powerful and intricate artificial energy system, then maybe he was enough of a genius to create an energy supression system of some sort, too.
deviantART
[thread]

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:16 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Godo wrote: And in Buu saga. If the androids ki cannot be sensed, it's not real ki that can be used, I believe. But the androids contributed with their ki anyways when Goku formed a genki-dama...
They're still mostly human. Even if their super, high-level battle energy is artificial, they probably still have basic, nothing-special human-level ki. Really weak, but enough to contribute a little bit to the Spirit Bomb.
But still, that means that thay would be easily found once the Z-fighters found out their ki-signature. Every human has a ki-signature that the Z-fighter can sense.
Even though it wasn't high, they would have sensed it get higher.