Episode #0093 (09 September 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:59 pm

Hrm, maybe there should be a Daizex Pokemon Podcast with Dogasu as a co-host.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:52 pm

Dogasu wrote:So all of you guys got started out on Dragon Ball through the Cartoon Network?
I'm not sure what you mean by "all you guys". If you're referring to other people on the forum, oh sure, probably a lot of them. The podcast folks?

Meri: 1995 via the original syndication broadcast of DragonBall (also through Animerica and word-of-mouth based on previous anime/comic fandoms)

VegettoEX: 1996 via the original syndication broadcast of DragonBall Z; minute bits of knowledge from video gaming magazines previously, but no prior anime/comic interest

Julian: I forget. I think through Cartoon Network / Toonami.

And from the last episode, there's Jeff, who is a heathen that counts not.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dogasu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dogasu » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:37 am

Whoops...I meant to say "started with the dub," not "started with Cartoon Network." My bad.
Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on June 9th, 2022

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:44 am

Much love for Volume 8. I agree that Toriyama-sensei hit his stride with this, and all the experimentation pays off when we get into the double digit volumes.

When I was collecting the Z Manga 3 years ago for the first time, I remember cracking open this very volume to see how Dragonball was, and this is what lead me to buy the rest, as I read the entire thing on the spot, cover to cover, standing in that bookstore.

Cosmodious

Post by Cosmodious » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:31 pm

Oh, man. I really want some Dragonball Manga but I don't have any money. I spent it all on Season 1, 2 and 3 (on Amazon) and a Scouter (on eBay)

-_-

(Am I the only one who thinks the little 'e' big 'B' in eBay looks better than their actual logo?)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:25 pm

Cosmodious wrote:Oh, man. I really want some Dragonball Manga but I don't have any money. I spent it all on Season 1, 2 and 3 (on Amazon) and a Scouter (on eBay)
Wait for the "Viz Big" releases next spring.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

dasmith
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dasmith » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:59 pm

Hey guys, hate to bump one of the old podcast threads, but I've been majorly catching up on these over my break (after a very busy semester).

I went to check it out on the site and (unless I'm mistaken), you forgot to upload the images of Meri's Top 5 from this podcast! Quite a tragedy, since this volume sounded very entertaining

Great job on the podcast, by the way, I've enjoyed it since the beginning, and "Manga Review of Awesomeness" (with Jeff included) continues to be a great segment!