Episode #0100 (28 October 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Carrie
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Carrie » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:34 am

Best Halloween treat EVER!

Well, the 3 hour podcast and the ginormous bag of candy in front of me :P
I'm sure people will understand if episode #101 is a little late. Got anything planned for episode 108? I'm kidding (maybe).
[quote="Rocketman"]
He (Gohan) is weaker. He has the fighting spirit of a wet noodle soaked in water until it barely resembles a noodle. A pebble is tougher than Gohan, because you could conceivably trip on a rock and stub your toe, while Gohan would yield like so much melted pudding. Vanilla pudding. Because he's too pansy-ass to have a strong flavor if he was pudding. Pure water has more flavor than hypothetical Gohan-pudding.

.... I think I lost where I was going there.[/quote]

Sabin Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sabin Deus » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:39 am

After listening to the intro part of the episode, it's sounded to me that Mike was tearing up while talking about how much he enjoyed doing those 100 episodes.

Congrats guys! It's been a blast. Here's looking forward to 100 more!

Sabin Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sabin Deus » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:53 am

And having listened to a few of these clips, I am again reminded that Andrew Deluxe is the funny.

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:53 am

DaemonCorps wrote: I'm pretty sure you guys have included all of my favorite quotes from the podcast so far (Meri's top nude moments, the Robot Chicken, Andrew's taco fiasco, Vegeta's "You won't escape my wrath" line...) except for that one quote in episode 19 with Meri's top bad dub lines (that entire list was just hilarious).
"Look! I can see their parachutes. They're OK."
"And if you look at the screen, there's no parachutes! There's like, smoke and stuff!"
"They're NOT O-fucking-K!"

Oh, and yes, poor Cargo and his robot. :)
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:23 pm

All my favorate moments such as the Borat email, April Fools ambush, remastered podcast advert and of course
"Compare only."

Congrats on reaching 100 episodes by the way.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:14 pm

Congratulations!!! I hope the podcast continues to air over many years. :D
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:39 pm

3 hours... Holy. shit. :shock:

*downloads and waits...*

Oh yeah,

HAPPY 100'TH PODCAST!!!

:wink:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

dakstarlander

Post by dakstarlander » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:42 pm

Congratulations! I have been an avid listener for several episodes and I have enjoyed every one of them. I just wanted to say keep up the good work and great information.
Last edited by dakstarlander on Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hero 004
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero 004 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:46 pm

What a great listen. I had no idea you guys were working on something this big.

It was cool listening to things that I enjoyed but might have forgotten about over the 99 episodes. Like Mike calling Julian his man-servent. That was probably the first thing in the podcast that made me laugh out loud. Besides the funny stuff, lots of good info and review material that is now fresh in my mind again. Congratulations and thanks for having 100 episodes and going strong. It's been great.

It's also seriously very nice of you guys to be giving away Daizenshuu two and one of the other books.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets"- Goku

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:37 pm

"I think I just unplugged it! FUCK!"

Best moment ever.

Golden Lockhart

Post by Golden Lockhart » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Dang! 100 Podcasts?! Congradulations. I've actually started listening to them whenever I get on a good computer.

Here's hoping for a 200th (and hoping that I can hear it soon)!
I am the Author of the things never happening!
I am the writer of constant self insertion!
I am...
GOLDEN LOCKHART!!!

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:06 am

FINALLY got through the entire episode. Fine work you guys, and my fav moments were definitely included in there. Hope to see more and more from y'all within the next 100 episodes.

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:13 am

Episodo Ciento y mas a venir. Que quieres hacer ahora? Que debes hacer ahora? Nada...usted hace bien.

[Rough translation:] Episode 100, and more to come. What do you want to do now? What do you have to do now? Nada... you done good.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:13 pm

I was hoping for a video podcast.
:(
The world is your's.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:42 am

Oh my god, I spent a whole day (and a half) listening to the whole podcast on my MP3 player mostly during work XD And if you turn off my mp3 player when it's on 1 hours 4 minutes and you start it up again it'll start at 4 minutes in >__> I had to rewind it three times or something and it takes an awful long amount of time cause my mp3 player is stupid and slow :p
But damn, that was absolutely great! Also the topics I never heard before were awesome and I immediately went back to listen to those :p Absolutely congratulations to all of you, it was and will continue to be awesome :D

Quakster

Post by Quakster » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:18 am

Congratulations on making the longest media file I've ever listened to.

It didn't have my favorite clip, though.

The one where Julian imitates Freeza. :cry:
Iso Vihreä.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:46 am

I didn't put any of the "omake" stuff into the episode... maybe that can be its own special thing at some point along the road... it'll be a lot easier for me to edit, since I know where every single of them them are in their respective files :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DBZGirl

Post by DBZGirl » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:47 pm

Wow, it's hard to lay in bed for over three hours and listen to the whole thing all at once! I really loved it, it had most of my favorite clips. It's been fun listening all the way from the biginning, episode 1, to 100. HERE'S TO 200!! :D
*Can almost always be found running through streets singing a random DBZ song*

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:52 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I didn't put any of the "omake" stuff into the episode... maybe that can be its own special thing at some point along the road... it'll be a lot easier for me to edit, since I know where every single of them them are in their respective files :P.
That could be for episode 150.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:17 pm

I'm sorry for listening to the 100th episode so late. I've been busy with a guy I met an MangaNEXT. (Yes, otaku boyfriend. It's that serious. :P)

Wow... this episode's so awesome. XD Mike, you... you sounded so nerdy and introvertish in the first three episodes, yet Julian and Meri sound exactly the same! Four's a bit of a transistion, then five you sound like you do now. That's just too funny.

I love this show. Thank you, guys. You're always there each week, even if I'm too busy to listen to you until three weeks later. D:

[edit]

Woot! I survived the three hour extraveganza. It took me more time though due to constant phone calls and eating dinner. Oh wow, I enjoyed that. Thanks for everything, guys, especially Mike for editing each week. You guys are all awesome! X3
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]