"Filler Guide" Premiers~

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"Filler Guide" Premiers~

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:54 pm

So the "Filler Guide" is up and running! Big thanks to Clay and Rach for all of their help in getting it going. Expect one episode per week... we're having a blast with this section.

Discuss, compare, contrast, theorize, infatuate, mediate, fatasticate.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:23 am

I'd nearly forgotten I did that inconsistencies thing. How long ago was that? :P

Clay's writeups look really good. I haven't even seen the early DBZ episodes, so this is all new stuff to me! Very cool.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:47 am

Looks good. Another thing you could add to the Trunks' sword debate (not as OMG HERE'S PROOF, but just a side note for fans) is that Mirai Trunks gets his sword between the ages of 13 and 16/17. Chibi got his in movie 13 at age 7 (you can argue time went by after the boo saga but chibi is still younger in appearance than 13-year old Trunks).
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:26 am

Who says that's when he got the sword though Dayspring? He may have had it for years just never used it until he was 16/17.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:27 am

Xyex wrote:Who says that's when he got the sword though Dayspring? He may have had it for years just never used it until he was 16/17.
To further back up this point, I just took some DVD screencaps from DBZ episode 149 (FUNi numbering system) in which Trunks has a flashback to his time period when Gohan was still alive:

http://www.templeotrunks.com/images/scr ... _scrn8.jpg

http://www.templeotrunks.com/images/scr ... scrn10.jpg

http://www.templeotrunks.com/images/scr ... scrn11.jpg

So, even though we don't see Trunks use the sword in the Trunks TV Special until AFTER Gohan died, he must have simply HAD it before his death, as seen by this episode. However, I don't know if this flashback in the anime is filler or not, sooo... ^^;;

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:22 pm

That filler guide is nice. Kudos to you guys for making this addition to the site. I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but in a way by cutting out things during the first season, the dub is closer to the manga than the anime.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:29 pm

Super Sonic wrote:That filler guide is nice. Kudos to you guys for making this addition to the site. I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but in a way by cutting out things during the first season, the dub is closer to the manga than the anime.
Hah... tis true...

Maybe we should mention that kinda stuff... too bad all my dub tapes are in a completely different state ^^;;.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:43 pm

I just wanted to commend you guys on an excellent job. This just further proves that DaizEX is the most detailed Dragon Ball site out there. Everyone involved should be extremely proud of themselves.

By the way, I'm not kissing ass, I'm just really impressed with all the work and detail that went into this.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:20 pm

Meri wrote:To further back up this point, I just took some DVD screencaps from DBZ episode 149 (FUNi numbering system) in which Trunks has a flashback to his time period when Gohan was still alive:

So, even though we don't see Trunks use the sword in the Trunks TV Special until AFTER Gohan died, he must have simply HAD it before his death, as seen by this episode. However, I don't know if this flashback in the anime is filler or not, sooo... ^^;;
I don't think that filler segment can be taken too seriously. If you look closely, Gohan has that scar over his eye where he was injured in 18's Ki blast, but he was also supposed to lose his arm in that attack, but in that segment he still has both arms.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:57 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:
Meri wrote:To further back up this point, I just took some DVD screencaps from DBZ episode 149 (FUNi numbering system) in which Trunks has a flashback to his time period when Gohan was still alive:

I don't think that filler segment can be taken too seriously. If you look closely, Gohan has that scar over his eye where he was injured in 18's Ki blast, but he was also supposed to lose his arm in that attack, but in that segment he still has both arms.
Ahhh, that's true. Damn me, trying to use filler as proof. :P I guess that's what happens when I get all excited over rare flashback scenes.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:00 pm

I was actually going just by the manga story. Since I didn't see it in the TV special either I figured he didn't have it. Personally I think it's safe to assume (if we went only by those two things and not filler flashbacks) that he didn't have it since he seems to think it's a valuable fighting weapon (used it against his TL's androids, used it against Freeza, used it against Manga TL's androids) whenever we see him w/it.

The filler flashback may have given him the sword simply because they didn't know yet that Trunks didn't have a sword at that age.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:29 pm

That is really awesome, I've been waitin' for someone to do this, and unsurprisingly, this is the site that does it.

Once again, great job to all involved.

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:51 am

Great job! I love it! :D
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:27 am

Do you actually plan on completing the filler guide though? I'm loving it so far, but DBZ alone has 291 episodes, and so far you've only completed 5. So if you really intend to update 1 episode a week, for 286 weeks...uh, well at that rate by the time your finished with DBZ, you'll be ready to write DBAF summaries. :lol:

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:25 am

Actually not only is this a good filler guide but its ALSO a VERY good episode guide at the same time kudos to all of you - it was truly awesome.
-Laserkid

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:53 am

Heheh, I was thinking that, too. It seems more like an episode guide than a filler guide. Maybe there's a way you can combine or link the two once you have your Episode Guide page back up?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:54 am

Well... there's a reason the current "Episode Guide" is no-more... I'll just leave it at that :P

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:52 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Well... there's a reason the current "Episode Guide" is no-more... I'll just leave it at that :P
....Is it because you got tired of seeing episode guides on every other DB related site? :P

Oh...oh I get it... :oops: