Character Guide

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:38 am

Creme de la creme!

Aside from the insanely detailed "Character History", which really is something you can't find on other sites, the "Analysis" concept really shines! I just wonder how far you will go, writing a 5-page history of some characters no one really cares about. If you want to try doing some minor ones, try Ginyu Force!

Also, I'd like to point that you forgot about some attacks:
- Raditz's Double Energy Wave (Daburu Kikou Ha) is listed in Daizenshuu, so maybe you should put it here as well?
- Nappa's Mouth Blast is called "Saikou Waza" - Ultimate Attack
- Kewi could use Renzoku Energy Dan

Keep up the good work!
It's party time, Ginyu style!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:28 pm

Yay! Radditz has a signature attack!! what was the name of the electrifying technique he used on Goku?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:09 pm

Better than naming all the attacks after days of the week like in Budokai.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:05 pm

Yeah, hey, imagine if when Freeza made Namek all trashed and lava was spewing all around, and Goku got his booty burned, blah blah... Freeza coulda gone "That's my 'Fry-day' Attack! HAHAHAHAHAHHA!"

Use dub Freeza voice and laugh when saying that in your head. Doesn't that sound just like something dub Freeza would say?

:D :) :? :( I apologize.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:10 pm

Ben Plante wrote:
Yeah, hey, imagine if when Freeza made Namek all trashed and lava was spewing all around, and Goku got his booty burned, blah blah... Freeza coulda gone "That's my 'Fry-day' Attack! HAHAHAHAHAHHA!"

Use dub Freeza voice and laugh when saying that in your head. Doesn't that sound just like something dub Freeza would say?

:D :) :? :( I apologize.
That would be so fricking hilarious if that were to happen. Especially with Linda Young's Frieza doing the line.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:16 pm

I think that's pretty bang on actually. It's exactly what you'd here the dub say. XD
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:45 pm

I got bored and started reading the Trunks Character Guide, I'm not sure if someone said this already or not, but I found an error. You've got "After the inconclusive fight with Cell, Piccolo leaves to go fuse with Kami to become stronger." when Piccolo fused with Kami before fighting Cell. I think ya got a little turned around. :D
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:59 pm

Yeah, I already pointed that out a few pages back. But as of yet, nobody has seemed to notice... :?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:12 pm

Meri's slowly taking screen-caps from more and more episodes for her own site; in the process, that jogs her memory as to what the bloody Hell Trunks DOES for all those episodes.

Once she does a few more (at least up until Cell Games), she'll get back to writing the bio and fixing the mistakes :D.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:01 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Meri's slowly taking screen-caps from more and more episodes for her own site; in the process, that jogs her memory as to what the bloody Hell Trunks DOES for all those episodes.
Trunks? He spends time with the characters that aren't involved in the battle currently raging. That is what, 5 or 6 battles? (Yeah, okay, he DOES fight Perfect Cell)

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:46 pm

Adamant wrote:That is what, 5 or 6 battles? (Yeah, okay, he DOES fight Perfect Cell)
But, like you said, first he talks to ppl not involved in the fight (Krillin while Vegeta's fighting Cell). So you're still right. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:52 pm

Mizugi wrote:Better than naming all the attacks after days of the week like in Budokai.
I dunno. At least there was a homage to the various group-name puns running throughout Dragon Ball. And they have a lot more character than "Double Energy Wave" (although even that's better than "Ultimate Move". I bet they really burned the midnight oil thinking up the name for that one. And in any case, shouldn't his two fingeres up I-Destroy-Cities attack be his "ultimate" one?)
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:31 pm

Nice profiles, definately the best I've seen so far. One question though, would Bra be considered family to Future Trunks? I mean, I know *genetically* she is, but he never meets her and she didn't even exist in his timeline...y'know, unless Bulma kept some of Vejita's sperm frozen and artifically inseminated herself, or better yet used her own time machine to come back and get a little lovin' from Vejita ;p

-Corey

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:10 pm

You have a really good point there. In a way should would be, and yet in a way she isn't.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:24 pm

If you're looking for an excuse to have Future Trunks and Bra do the monkey, then they are completely related and it would be sick and wrong.
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:31 pm

PsyLiam wrote:If you're looking for an excuse to have Future Trunks and Bra do the monkey, then they are completely related and it would be sick and wrong.
Aww, but then they can't have a girl and name her 'Thong' :(

-Corey

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:45 am

Your avy's too big, Corey.

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:41 pm

Dayspring wrote:Your avy's too big, Corey.
Yeah, duely noted. My comp crashed though and I lost photoshop as a result (and since I just moved recently, all my software is scattered in boxes) so I couldn't resize it. Ah well, no avatar for me then.

-Corey

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:29 pm

PsyLiam wrote:If you're looking for an excuse to have Future Trunks and Bra do the monkey, then they are completely related and it would be sick and wrong.
Well thank you mr-DBZ-Morality-police. :P

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:06 pm

SICK AND WRONG!