Character Guide

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:01 pm

Last post concerning number18's site: Hey number18!!! Check your PM's for this forum.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:03 pm

Thanks for the info fellas. I just checked my site too and saw your message, Dayspring...immediately realizing that after I took the live-action 18 question out of my guestbook, I had failed to remove it from the form. Fixed that and added it back. :P

Thanks for the extra proof on Videl, too. I think I'm just gonna leave the answer there as is on the site though. Really...#18 is fighting off against two super saiyans at once, and Videl is getting pounded by a single majin freakazoid. She's a tough female with admirable fighting prowess, but she's not stronger. Some crazy Videl fans must've started that whole thing.

Back to the first appearance thing. I wonder if it's more appropriate to put the first physical appearance or the first mention. Hmm......

Dayspring, I will respond to your PM at length tomorrow. ^_^
[size=75]"Are we gonna continue?"
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

[url=http://www.lovelycyborg.com/]Lovely Cyborg[/url][/size]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:24 pm

http://www.daizex.com/guides/characters ... ndex.shtml

Blah. Easy fun character. Yes, I realize that the Japanese still says Raditz's name. Waiting on the image from Julian.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:32 pm

Wow, that's lookin pretty sharp, what with the info AND analysis.

I dunno if this is intentional, but you have the intended pun listed as "Kewi". Perhaps you meant Kiwi?

Anyway, not too shabby!
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:57 pm

number18 wrote:I dunno if this is intentional, but you have the intended pun listed as "Kewi". Perhaps you meant Kiwi?
Whoops... yeah, that got changed in a "Find and Replace" of all "kiwi" in the writing. My bad :P. Fixed, thanks!

Also, if anyone knows who voiced him in the Japanese version, it'd be appreciated.

And for those who will ask... the main image on the profile page... that's from a pan shot... three different images composited together for the full body shot... blurred in the appropriate places... then cut out from the background... with a new black border added around the entire character... whee!
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:39 pm

VegettoEX wrote: And for those who will ask... the main image on the profile page... that's from a pan shot... three different images composited together for the full body shot... blurred in the appropriate places... then cut out from the background... with a new black border added around the entire character... whee!
That's sick. I've always wanted a full image of 18 from the Trunks special, when she's stepping on his sword. I'm sure there's one out there somewhere. But yeah, that's hardcore.
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:57 pm

number18 wrote:
VegettoEX wrote: And for those who will ask... the main image on the profile page... that's from a pan shot... three different images composited together for the full body shot... blurred in the appropriate places... then cut out from the background... with a new black border added around the entire character... whee!
That's sick. I've always wanted a full image of 18 from the Trunks special, when she's stepping on his sword. I'm sure there's one out there somewhere. But yeah, that's hardcore.
Gimme a few minutes. Consider it done. How ironic, I just fired up the scanner and Photoshop so I could make more scans for ya.
Last edited by Meri on Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:59 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Also, if anyone knows who voiced him in the Japanese version, it'd be appreciated.
Kouji Totani, apparently.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:11 pm

Much thanks~

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:22 pm

Meri wrote:
Gimme a few minutes. Consider it done. How ironic, I just fired up the scanner and Photoshop so I could make more scans for ya.
What the!?

=lots of flabbergasted sounds=

Wow...you are da best.

:shock:
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:42 pm

number18 wrote:
Meri wrote:
What the!?

=lots of flabbergasted sounds=

Wow...you are da best.

:shock:
's no problem. Ripping the scene I needed from the TV special DVD only took a minute, and making the image was a snap. Plus, I enjoy taking DBZ pictures of people other than Trunks. :P

I've scanned a few more images (3 of them from the daizenshuu), as well as made the 18 pan image from the TV special. I have all the new pics zipped up in a new zip file that I just uploaded. You can download the whole package here:

http://www.templeotrunks.com/18_part2.zip

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:04 pm

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Man! I must make you some sort of cosplayish item in gratitude. That pic of 18 from the Trunks special looks sweet. It's like...perfect for the bio page. :D

=does a dance of some sort=
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:16 pm

number18 wrote:Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Man! I must make you some sort of cosplayish item in gratitude. That pic of 18 from the Trunks special looks sweet. It's like...perfect for the bio page. :D

=does a dance of some sort=
Ohohohohoho, don't tempt me. :P Ever since AnimeNEXT I've been *slightly* contemplating dressing up in costume for a con. I wanna do something One Piece-ish, since doing something like Naruto is being so overdone right now. Since Ginny's cosplaying as Nami, I wouldn't wanna be her, so I thought about maybe doing Vivi, since her outfit is really easy (exect for the long blue hair that's wavvy and in a ponytail).

http://www.chaos-cosplay-team.de/_vivi.gif
http://www.templeotrunks.com/onepiece/i ... cw2_20.jpg

But yeah... if I decide to go with anything, I would love the help, since I've never done this before. ^^;; (plus, Mike wants me to dress up as a FFX/X-2 girl... we'll see if that ever happens. :P)

EDIT: OK, I stand corrected. I did dress up once, and it was as Trunks for Halloween when I was 17 or so. I guess it doesn't count, since I don't think I left the house in the outfit, let alone go to a con in it.

http://www.templeotrunks.com/misc/costumes/index.html

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:23 pm

Actually, what would be really cute, since I'm gonna do Bellemere, is if you were Nojiko and Ginny was Nami. It'd be seeeeew cute. lol

Vivi looks pretty simple, you're right. I'd definitely help you out. :D I'm me about it! :DDDD

Edit: Heyyy uh, you don't happen to have any full length images of Bellemere? ^_^;;
Last edited by number18 on Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:26 pm

Could you ladies take this conversation out of my SPECIAL CHARACTERS SECTION OMG PREVIEW THREAD!??!

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:28 pm

HELL NO DUDE HELL
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Meri ur bf is SUCH AN A$$HOLE YOU SHOULD I'm ME LYKE RIGHT AWAYT OK?~!!
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:42 pm

Uhm, right...

I find it strange how only the Character Guide, Rumor Guide, and DBZ AMV Guide look like:

"Daizenshuu EX - Guides - _____"

...at the top as opposed to just:

"Daizenshuu EX - _____"

...like everything else. (And the DBZ AMV Guide doesn't even link properly...) I'm assuming it's just your new sorting system that you didn't change on earlier pages?

I just have to point out everything.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:43 pm

Zackarotto wrote:Uhm, right...

I find it strange how only the Character Guide, Rumor Guide, and DBZ AMV Guide look like:

"Daizenshuu EX - Guides - _____"

...at the top as opposed to just:

"Daizenshuu EX - _____"

...like everything else. (And the DBZ AMV Guide doesn't even link properly...) I'm assuming it's just your new sorting system that you didn't change on earlier pages?

I just have to point out everything.
Yeah, that inconsistancy always bugged me. I hope Mike fixes it someday. *nudge nudge*

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:52 pm

CONSISTENCY IS YOUR FRIEND.

Well, I know how much of a hassle it is to change things like that. Anyone who's had a site with a real layout for any decent amount of time has been there. Still, hope you get to it eventually. Like Meri said.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:44 pm

Yeah, a lot of it is just left-over code from all throughout the years. I fix it when I see it, which isn't a whole Hell of a lot of the time, since I'm so used to seeing it the way it is. But yeah, it bugs ME, as well.