Dragonball Z Uncut in its entirety?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:59 am

Indeed, its how I got the Buu saga myself, if I had a digital camera I'd take pictures of the (crappy) boxes.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:30 am

laserkid wrote:Indeed, its how I got the Buu saga myself, if I had a digital camera I'd take pictures of the (crappy) boxes.
Oh they're terrible (I got five dollars off for a small rip in mine) they don't really deserve the name "Box" they are more like flimsy paper sleeves who's only job is to hold the dvd's together before someone buys them, falling apart shortly after.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:25 am

TheGreatness25 wrote:Yeah but FUNimation doesn't have anything to do with the Spanish dub.
Except that they're the licensed distributor for North America, and sense the population does include a fairly decent amount of Spanish speaking people they put that version on their DVD's for a time (before, inexplicably, removing it and making it a version all by itself).

-Corey

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:52 pm

Yeah but they only put the Spanish dub on their Ultimate Uncut release...meaning that after Goku gets to Namek...in the magical world where they would release all of the Ultimate Uncut of course ( :roll: ), the rest of the series wouldn't have a released Spanish track. So...what exactly are they going to do? Release the rest of the show on Spanish DVDs? Or just get to Vegeta Saga 2's 2nd DVD and call it quits again? Where's this headed?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:53 pm

Herms wrote:Please don't use "jap" as a shorthand for "Japanese". "jap" is a racist term, which presumably wasn't the effect you were going for.
My teacher in Japanese class (who is a Japanese person) uses "Jap" as shorthand for "Japanese". Also, one of my other friends from Japan didn't even know the term (I haven't asked any of the others). So, I'm sure it's not that big of a deal anymore.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:46 am

It might not mean anything to Japanese nationals nowadays, but to Japanese-Americans, it's like the N-word.
-Rachel

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:55 am

That may be true, but it seems every time the term is used here and someone here corrects the poster on the word, they give us that :shock: "I didn't know that" look. So, obviously it's not so common knowledge anymore.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:36 am

Kendamu wrote:
Herms wrote:Please don't use "jap" as a shorthand for "Japanese". "jap" is a racist term, which presumably wasn't the effect you were going for.
My teacher in Japanese class (who is a Japanese person) uses "Jap" as shorthand for "Japanese". Also, one of my other friends from Japan didn't even know the term (I haven't asked any of the others). So, I'm sure it's not that big of a deal anymore.
That's because they didn't have relatives who were off "at camp".