Masako Nozawa and Hironobu Kageyama at Jump Festa 2008!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Masako Nozawa and Hironobu Kageyama at Jump Festa 2008!

Post by fps_anth » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:46 pm

From the awesome Greg of the AP Forums , on location:
Then was the holy shit moment when I heard something that sounded like Goku speaking on stage when I realized, IT WAS GOKU SPEAKING ON STAGE!!!!!!

Nozawa herself was there promoting new DB goods along with the vocalist for all DB songs. I'm sure Saiyajedi knows. She did a freaking Genki Dama folks. I shit myself. And then, before my very eyes. I'll never forget it. She did a Kame Hame Ha.

It was like watching God.

She told an anecdote about a friend who studied Japanese through Dragonball comics and my girlfriend and I laughed our asses off which caught their attention and when they saw I was foreign the vocalist gave a wave. She said farewell in all three voices at once, Goku, Gohan and Goten in a full sentence. It was amazing to see a veteran at work.

Then the vocalist friggin' sang a live We Gotta Power! right there. Have a vid of the whole thing.
The video is right here. Also, there is a bunch of DB stuff, including playable Burst Limit and one of those Kamehameha games. Just goes to show that Dragon Ball is still represented very well at Jump Festa, even though it is dominated by One Piece (which is cool).[/url]

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:05 pm

Very cool. Incidently, the Greg from Arlong Park's forums is in fact Greg Werner, the creator of the Ultimate DBZ Info Page. He posts here occasionaly under the name Omae no Kaasan.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:26 pm

That was so cool. X3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Masako Nozawa and Hironobu Kageyama at Jump Festa 2008!

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:35 pm

It was like watching God.
I'm sure it was. Good to know that DB is still going strong in Japan after all these years.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:38 pm

I love how he described it as "watching God". That's awesome! I bet it is on-par with a religious experience! :P

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:15 pm

SonGokuGT wrote:I love how he described it as "watching God". That's awesome! I bet it is on-par with a religious experience! :P
(Imagines Masako Nozawa healing crippled people as some kind of televangelist)
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:17 pm

Hey guys. Have more vids and the whole We Gotta Power video. Will post it next week. Little busy for the next 3 days as I have a massive plan to propose to my girlfriend.

I forgot to mention this at AP but http://5958.jp (go-ku-go-han) will be offering EVERY DBZ EPISODE for viewing on Japanese cellphones in 2008.

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:39 pm

So great, even as a Dubbie I love her to death.

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:48 pm

omae no kaasan wrote:Hey guys. Have more vids and the whole We Gotta Power video. Will post it next week. Little busy for the next 3 days as I have a massive plan to propose to my girlfriend.

I forgot to mention this at AP but http://5958.jp (go-ku-go-han) will be offering EVERY DBZ EPISODE for viewing on Japanese cellphones in 2008.
Congratulations and good luck! :P

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:01 pm

Hope she doesn't come onto this forum. ^_^
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Strongbad456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strongbad456 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:59 pm

Cool, is that Greg? I didn't know he came to Daizex. Also what's up with the name Omae no Kaasan? Means Your Mother right?

Saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyan » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:37 am

Probably meant as "Your mom" or "Yo momma" :wink:

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:06 am

Ya it does. I remember asking him about the meaning a few years ago and it's basically the equivalent of that in that it comes off as very rude sounding to a Japanese person.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:58 am

Man I wish I could go to Jump Festa at least once. I've been to the American equivilant, San Diego Comic-con, but still..

To see two DB legends in person...

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:Man I wish I could go to Jump Festa at least once. I've been to the American equivilant, San Diego Comic-con, but still..

To see two DB legends in person...
And the entire cast of One Piece and Eiichiro Oda and Super Smash Bros Brawl and a shitton of other awesome stuff.

I'm going to one of these before I die.

omae no kaasan

Post by omae no kaasan » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:25 am

Hope she doesn't come onto this forum. ^_^
No, she's Japanese and only reads One Piece anyway :D

Anyway, playing the DBZ Burst Limit game. I haven't played many/much of the Sparking series and what little I did I don't recall so for all I know it could be the same thing but really pretty.

All I know is the controls were fantastic, the graphics blew me the shit away and it seems like one of those, 'easy to pick up, difficult to master' styles of combat. You can hit random buttons and beat your friend but if you play someone that can utilize the massive arsenal of defensive and offensive moves, they'll rape you hard.

In playing I noticed that while backgrounds are UNREAL the arena is fairly small and had very little breakable....stuffs. Was hugely let down by that. Maybe it's work in progress. However, there's one bg that takes place over a FUCKING ENORMOUS waterfall that reminds me of a scene from Mov 10 which just....oh it was beautiful.

Oh, I have video of the trailer. I'll post it Tuesday.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:53 am

Tuesday! Get that sucker up here now! :D

LOL, if she's an OP fan surely you can get her into DBZ, the two are similar animals in the end.

Like I said before, this game won't be for me cuz I don't have/won't be getting for a while, either a 360 or PS3 - but that doesn't mean I can't drool over the graphics does it? :roll:
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

omae no kaasan

Post by omae no kaasan » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:58 pm

LOL, if she's an OP fan surely you can get her into DBZ, the two are similar animals in the end.
She's Japanese. Knowing DB is part of being Japanese. When she was a child the boys in her school yelled at bees imagining they were Buu.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:05 pm

I know she knows of it, but you said she only reads One Piece, which I took to mean that she didn't particularly care for DBZ. Sorry if I took it wrong. :D

And I know this is off-topic, but you said you were gonna propose in 3 days, so good luck with that man. *Strikes 'Nice Guy' pose* XD
Twitter

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:17 pm

Damn Greg, that's making me wanna import the game even more. :shock: