Episode #0108 (23 December 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0108 (23 December 2007)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:05 pm

Episode #0108 (download MP3)
16:03; 64 kbps, mono; 7.4 MB

Episode #0108! VegettoEX and Meri discuss some fantastic holiday memories. Whether it's waiting on specific presents that you just know are in the house, or wasting a ridiculous amount of time playing video games over a holiday break, we covered it all. Well, we didn't quite cover everything... but that's where you all come in! Referenced sites:
  • No referenced sites!
Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the fantascarino *one-hundred-eight* episodes, now.

Yep. That's all there is to it! I never said in the actual podcast last week that we wanted holiday memories, and with only a mention on the website/forum, and it also being the holiday season... we only have two to share from other people :P. Regardless, here you go! Happy holidays to everyone!

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:22 pm

16 minutes!
Downloading it right now, I'll listen to it later.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:33 pm

Ahahaha! "Santa looks very angry!"
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:20 pm

kvon wrote:Ahahaha! "Santa looks very angry!"
There was actually more to that story, but I had to keep it within the time limit (which I squeezed into exactly 60 seconds . . . though if I'd known than only two of us were gonna send in entries, I might've asked if I could make mine longer! WTF?!

I see what they were trying to do here, and I think it would have made for a fantastic ending for what was a great theme choice if more people had coughed up holiday memories. Very unfortunate.

Still, this was nice. Fast, loose episode without too much to digest and minus the feeling of everything being crammed together. That's not a bad feeling, mind you-- it's nice when something feels full and complete, as does the typical DaizenshuuEX Podcast-- but when y'do that dance week after week, this is the best way to handle it when the holidays come around IMHO. Simple theme, simple execution, good times. :)

I mean, we did get something. The alternate route could'a been them taking the week off.

EDIT: Strange. I think some of the brief pauses I took while thinking/speaking were clipped for . . . what, time . . . ?

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:15 pm

I meant to send one in, but I just didn't have the time. I'm sorry Mike! TT_TT
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:13 pm

Minor holiday memory for me: I waited until I had almost ALL of the "Kid Buu Saga" FUNimation VHS tapes by Christmas. After I collected all of them with the exception of the final VHS where we flash forward to the future with Pan and Uub, I watched the ENTIRE Kid Buu arc up until he dies and they all go back to Earth in a row a little bit before my B-day on News Years Eve. I remember it specifically because my dad kept telling me to turn the volume down because of how obviously loud it was.

Anyways, Holy Freakin' December to all the folks at Daizenshuu EX!

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:00 am

"Santa looks very angry". ROFL LAMO :lol:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:01 am

I was going to send you guys a file of how I got a ton of Irwin action figures for Christmas, back when they were new, but I couldn't figure out how to upload it... '-';

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:42 pm

I agree that Lemmy's little audio tale was just plain awesome. And yeah, toy stores tend to not put that much effort into stuff like "customizing" their cardboard stand-ups and posters.

As for my own DB Holiday Memories, I really can't remember any :(. Though I'm sure I requested some Buu Saga DVDs (since that's when I really started to get into the series) and SBC Figures.

This year, I pretty much made my entire Christmas list on amazon, putting up some of the DBZ DVDs that I liked either because it'd be your typical fan favorite episode (a new SSJ transformation, the death of a significant character, or a combination of the two) or (in the case of one of 'em) because they kept replaying the episode enough times on Toonami that it just ended up growing on me.
But of course, with my parents not exactly being the most technical savvy of people, they ended up making me buy my own presents from the list. DBZ-wise, I'll be getting the following DVDs:
- Frieza- Super Saiyan Goku: Goku first turning SSJ
- Majin Buu- Defiance: Goku first turning SSJ3 and Buu finally killing off Babidi
- World Tournament- Junior Division: The start of the Tournament Saga

Anyways, good podcast and happy (insert holiday of choice).
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

the original ero-sennin
Beyond Newbie

Post by the original ero-sennin » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:05 pm

I wag going to give a memory... but alas, I have no mic. As far as DB holiday memories go, I cannot think of many. I would have to say that my fondest DragonBall holiday memory was last year. I listened through all of the Daizenshuu Ex podcast episodes (that were out at the time) over the holiday break. It was pretty fun. :)

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:30 am

I had neither the time to submit something nor a microphone on my computer, but I do have a couple of DBZ holiday memories.

Christmas 2000 was when first I received a DVD player, and my main motivation for getting one was to start collecting DBZ DVDs. I can't remember if my parents gave me a DVD to go with it, or if I just went to Suncoast the next day and bought some, but my first DVDs were the two Trunks saga volumes. It was actually my first time owning any part of the series, since I'd never bought any of the VHS tapes. It was so exciting to be watching my favorite show in an all new way (I also discovered the comedy to be had in watching the dubbed version while the Japanese subtitles were on the screen....so many mistranslations!). And here I am, seven years later, and my DBZ DVD collection is STILL incomplete -_- I only bought the episodes up until just before the Cell Games because the ones following that point I had recorded off the International Channel, and at the time I figured I'd be fine having the series split into two formats....but now I want it all on DVD, and since the box sets are coming out I might as well just pick them up instead of hunting down all the old discs. So what was started Christmas seven years ago probably won't be finished until a couple years from now.

That last one kind of meandered away from the Christmas theme, so here's another one. Last year on Christmas, after receiving all my Christmas money, I decided to spend the bulk of it buying myself a present in the form of all of the Dragonball DVD boxsets. I managed to hunt down a seller on eBay who had all of them (minus the first 13 episodes, of course, though I did later buy the first 13 in dubbed only format for completeness) and bought them up right away. Now, on Christmas one year later, I have yet to complete watching all the way through (though I only have to watch the second half of the 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai and I'll be done). The fact that I'm watching through both the Japanese and dubbed versions has slowed down the process quite a bit, not to mention all the other shows I've been watching during that time period. But as long as I finish by the end of the year, I guess I can be satisfied with the fact that I managed to watch the first series in one year's time.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Golden Lockhart

Post by Golden Lockhart » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:56 am

Actually, I do have a Dragonball Z Christmas memory. It was a few days before (or after) Christmas of 2004. I had a received a Toys R Us gift card which I had split with my brother. It was then that I purchased the immortal "Dragonball Z Budokai" for the Gamecube. I still play that title today if not as much as I used to. I'm listening to the latest podcast as I type this. Keep up the good work.
I am the Author of the things never happening!
I am the writer of constant self insertion!
I am...
GOLDEN LOCKHART!!!

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:14 pm

Great episode! Short but sweet!
I really enjoyed Lil' Lemmy's story at the end!

I wish I would've noticed the call for stories, but since I missed out, here's mine: I believe it was Christmas 1998. After moving out of Spain in 1992, the States' lack of Dragonball got to me. Since it wasn't on TV, and I could only discuss my memories of the show with the Asian immigrants at school, I kind of fell off my fandom. That changed in 1998 when I revisited Spain and my cousin got me back into the show!

That Christmas I was at the highest that my fandom ever got! I would watch the show on Toonami, my grandpa sent me the Spanish comics, and I was always first in line at the local comic shop for the new manga releases from Viz!

Back to Christmas! I got a few Super Battle Collection figures, American figures, and the like. But what really made the Christmas special is that my parents got me an animation cel! It was from Dragonball, with Goku totally stoked that Kami-sama was going to train him.

It hung for years in my family's computer room, but exposure to the sun caused a lot of line fading unfortunately... :( Still, I love it! I'll post a scan soon!

KinoFourpaws
Regular

Post by KinoFourpaws » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:34 pm

... Well, crud. I JUST remembered a memory I could have sent in for this... like, two weeks after you guys were asking for it.

@^$&#%! Dx

Mmm... oh well. It was when another artist on DeviantART that I talk to and kind of admire sent a picture she drew for me of Goku, Ed and Al. I wrote about it on my LJ when I got it if anyone's interested.

Listening to this now. Only two people sent in their stuff? Aww. :(
Art, etc. links taken down for now. Will be updated at some point. I dunno.

I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE D:

Steam handle: KinoFourpaws. Want to shoot up some zambees?