Episode #0109 (30 December 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:25 am

It looks to me like a picture taken at Comiket (at least, the location looks similar, and I can't imagine any other place where there'd be a bunch of cosplayers hanging around).
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

kinoko
Beyond Newbie

Post by kinoko » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:45 am

Congratulations you two~~~ Even if it took me a second to figure out what that photo in your LJ entry meant, I grinned like a fool for about an hour afterwards. XD <3
SaiyaJedi wrote:Seriously, Osaka is a long way from Chiba, and unless I fly or take the bullet train (both quite expensive), it's impossible to do in more than a couple of days. 'Sides, in the time I spent not going to Tokyo for Jump Festa, I attended no less than three end-of-the-year parties (and only had to pay my share at one). I'd say that's pretty well worth it. :P
あ!お元気ですか^^ジュリアンさんは大阪に住んでいますか。
私は大阪に行ってみたいですね!

Limited Japanese is limited. DDD: Don't laugh too hard at me! And I'm sorry if I've written your name wrong. -__-;
I-is there any way you'd be willing to post some photos on your Livejournal?
The Resident Tenshinhan Fangirl.

dakstarlander

Post by dakstarlander » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:44 am

Jump Fiesta sounds really fun and it would have been just so awesome to see voice actors from Dragon Ball Z and One Piece. I noticed that Greg had a lot of videos which are One Piece related...which was just cool even if they had to be cut short due to security reasons I am assuming.

Lastly, I wanted to join everybody else and say congratulations to you two (as well as Greg)!

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:37 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Is that a pic of you SaiyaJedi, or someone else you saw while in Tokyo?
Nah, I'm behind the camera, not in front of it. :P
kinoko wrote:Limited Japanese is limited. DDD: Don't laugh too hard at me! And I'm sorry if I've written your name wrong. -__-;
I-is there any way you'd be willing to post some photos on your Livejournal?
Actually, I'm on a computer that can't display Japanese right now, so I can't tell. (Apparently the American expats I'm staying with at the moment aren't particularly concerned with the language aspect of living in Japan.) But if you're looking for photos, my first full day in Tokyo is more-or-less documented here. It's in reverse order, for some reason (I blame Photobucket), but you get the idea.
This is quite possibly the single nerdiest thing I have ever done.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

kinoko
Beyond Newbie

Post by kinoko » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:26 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote: Actually, I'm on a computer that can't display Japanese right now, so I can't tell. (Apparently the American expats I'm staying with at the moment aren't particularly concerned with the language aspect of living in Japan.) But if you're looking for photos, my first full day in Tokyo is more-or-less documented here. It's in reverse order, for some reason (I blame Photobucket), but you get the idea.
This is quite possibly the single nerdiest thing I have ever done.
I'm saved!!! XD

Thank you for posting the link to your photos. Looks like you had a beautiful day there, eh? The Saint Seiya cosplay makes me oh so happy. ^^

You? Nerdy? Nevar! ^_~
The Resident Tenshinhan Fangirl.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:00 pm

Julian, those photos are going to keep me entertained for days!

Awesome in a very sexy way
Awesome in a less sexy way
All I could say is...WTF?

I'll be sure to plan a trip to Japan around one of these huge events. Looked like a lot of fun.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:58 am

Holy shit, he looks like Tatsuya Fujiwara, who played Light in the live action films. Weird.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:29 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:
Holy shit, he looks like Tatsuya Fujiwara, who played Light in the live action films. Weird.
Shit, I thought it was him as well! Works perfectly for him :P

Oldphan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Oldphan » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:49 am

Hey all! I just heard the good news, and wanted to say congratulations to both Mike and Meri! I know you guys have no idea who I am, but I listen to the show every week, and I'm really happy for you two! :D

*Raises Beer*

To many happy years to come for you both!

All the best,
Oldphan

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:16 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:
I had to do a quadruple take to force myself to believe that he wasn't Tatsuya Fujiwara. :shock:

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:37 pm

Oh. My. God. O_____O You guys are getting married. I'm kinda sorry for being such a fangirl, but I was waiting for this, and now I'm so happy for you guys! x3

I read the comments on the first page of the topic before hearing that part of the podcast, so I was waiting the entire podcast like, "Really? THEY ARE?! ... Really?!"
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]