Episode #0109 (30 December 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0109 (30 December 2007)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:00 am

Episode #0109 (download MP3)
27:21; 64 kbps, mono; 12.5 MB

Episode #0109! VegettoEX and Meri catch up on the ridiculous amount of news from the last two weeks. Another seiyuu death, FUNimation DVD news, live-action movie news, Japanese figure news, Second Life appearances, "Burst Limit" updates, Jump Festa reports, and special personal news complete the episode! Referenced sites:
Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the fantascarino *one-hundred-nine* episodes, now.

OK, fine... so we can't 100% keep to our pre-determined schedule :P. That's OK, though! There was enough news for us to simply make a whole episode out of it, and then some. Special thanks to Taku128 for helping point us in the right direction for everything we missed.

Here's that artwork you'll hear about:

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:33 am

That was a good episode. I like how Mike did Julian's Japanese visit the Podcast message.

Sucks what happened to Kazumi Tanaka. I don't wanna see or hear about anymore Seiyuu die.

Also congrats Mike on proposing to Meri and becoming engaged.

Can't wait to see next weeks show.
Last edited by El Diabeetus on Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:39 am

:shock: Oh my goodness!

This is awesome news! Congratulations!

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:12 am

That artwork looks like Ryu dressed up as Son Goku, more than....well Son Goku. Still awesome though.

UPDATE: Just finished listening to the podcast. I pretty much share the same opinion with Meri on Burst Limit. Loved all the other news and how short this podcast was. Short, but to the point. Me like.....anyways congrats to you guys on your engagement (& to Greg of course). Later.
Last edited by Sebastian (SB) on Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:31 am

Gatling gun would be...

"Gomu gomu no Gatling gun" :lol:

Off the top of my head, I know that 'Pistol' 'Gatling Gun' 'Rifle' and 'Bazooka' are all spoken in english.

And Uber-congratulations on the engagement!

TriforceCaptre
Beyond Newbie

Post by TriforceCaptre » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:47 am

I don't really post on here ever (don't feel I have anything to contribute though I do lurk here and there) but I do listen to the podcast every week and regularly check out the site so I figured I'd stop here and say congratulations Mike and Meri! May your first child be a masculine child (or whatever people say :P ).
"There's ten thousand reasons to survive, but you only needed one to die." -CKY-

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:56 am

Huh, I coulda sworn Mike & Meri were already married. Goes to show how much I know I guess. :lol:

Anyway congrats, hope you guys are happy together (though I know you will be, seems to me like you've been friends for a LONG time so this is just a next step). I really need to start listening to these podcasts. :P
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Hero 004
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero 004 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:59 am

My holiday schedule has prevented me from getting in on a lot of the news you guys covered, it was nice to hear it all in that short length of time.

Congratulations on tying the knot next year, I'm exited for you guys.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets"- Goku

the original ero-sennin
Beyond Newbie

Post by the original ero-sennin » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:13 am

I'm downloading the episode right now. Cannot wait to listen to it.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:26 am

Congrats on that thing at the end of the podcast. :P
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:36 am

Listening to it right now. Kinda spoiled the Mike-Meri proposal thing cause that's pretty big, but whatever. :P Hope you two have a good life together!

*Could have sworn you two were married, already. Or at least dating.* :?
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 am

Great podcast!, It was nice to have something to listen to other than crappy commercial radio while I washed the car.

You guys get major props for keeping the podcasts going over Christmas, I know if it was me, I would have just used the holiday season as an excuse not to do anything. :P

Congrats on the engagement also, I think I speak for everyone here when I say, if there isn't some sort of Dragonball cosplay in the wedding apparel, we'll all be pretty dissapointed.

Misa-chan

Post by Misa-chan » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:11 am

Super-lurker (but loyal listener) coming out to congratulate you guys on your engagement!

And though I don't quite qualify as "old" yet, I still can't believe ToT has been around for 10 years now. I remember staying up in middle school (halfway through college now) downloading pictures and reading the feature films. Ran up a huge bill on my dad's dial up and killed our old PowerMac in the process. *good times*

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:29 am

The episode was great, even though it was short. It's sad to hear about Kazumi Tanaka's death. On the other hand, I can't wait to hear more about Burst Limits. Also, congratulations on being engaged, Mike and Meri. :D
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:24 am

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:*Could have sworn you two were married, already. Or at least dating.* :?
Well, typically you're dating someone before you get engaged... I mean, I suppose you could randomly run up to men/women and propose to them, but it certainly helps to know them beforehand.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:41 am

VegettoEX wrote:
SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:*Could have sworn you two were married, already. Or at least dating.* :?
Well, typically you're dating someone before you get engaged... I mean, I suppose you could randomly run up to men/women and propose to them, but it certainly helps to know them beforehand.
*Takes Notes*
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

m121akuma
Beyond Newbie

Post by m121akuma » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:44 pm

Congrats guys.

And I almost pooed my pants at the Nozawa Kamehameha vid.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:19 pm

Mike wrote:So, Meri and I . . . The Ring . . . and all that stuff . . . So, what does this mean?
You and Meri are going to die in seven days?! :shock:
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:52 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:Listening to it right now. Kinda spoiled the Mike-Meri proposal thing cause that's pretty big, but whatever. :P Hope you two have a good life together!

*Could have sworn you two were married, already. Or at least dating.* :?
I'm sure Mike has recieved various marriage proposals from obsessed dbz fans in the past. :P

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:20 pm

A pretty good episode. Again, congrats on being engaged, you guys. :)

I cannot wait to hear the full version of Kageyama's new song! 8)
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku